Photos of 19th century Afro-Brazilian Slavery

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I think this is the same idea when my homeboy was talking to me abotu black conservatives. Basically the idea was to separate black and white societies in order for black to prosper within their own communities without outside influence.

Not sure it would work in THIS country, however.
It could work. You'd be surprised what people are capable off when they are forced to survive. Now once we built up our little community, keeping it standing is the challenging part because of whites unfortunate nature to destroy anything we build that is prosperous for us

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Miragoane mother fukkas. I should have known :snoop:

Just fukking with you, G. I love Miragoane. Used to stop by there on my way to Cayes to buy mangoes. At least i thought we were stopping to buy mangoes. Turns out my dad had a jump off there :pachaha: Only occured to me when my sister said "notice we dont stop there when mom is with us" :deadmanny:
:dead:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Aye breh you know anything about buying land in Haiti? My Friends cousin is from palm beach and they just had a nice ass house built near the beach for a price so low I couldn't believe it :patrice: How legit is this?
Unlike some of the other smaller islands Haiti is huge. Haiti is 3 times the size of Jamaica. So it depends where they bought it. Some parts arent worth it.

4fossa

All Star
Daps
About 90 percent of slaves bought to the new world went to Brazil. Kind of amazing when you think about it.

:what::ohhh:

are you sure about this breh???

I'm brazilian and I never heard this.

4fossa

All Star
Daps
This is true, but the real reason that black brazilians are still able to maintain some of their native customs, which was left out of your post, is because of the short life expectancy of the brazilian slave.

Brazil had the most slaves of any slave owning country in history. Thats because the black slaves were LITERALLY, herded, breeded, and worked to death, LIKE CATTLE. The average life expectancy of a male slave was 32, and if they were born a slave in brazil, it was even shorter.

These crackers LITERALLY beat, killed and worked to death ALL BLACK PEOPLES, males and females. They didn't bring wives, if they even had families; so they raped the women (some "wifed" them because there were no women besides the slaves). Seriously they SLAUGHTERED Black men, women and children, like fukking cows. This is because IT WAS CHEAPER TO JUST BUY MORE SLAVES. There was no incentive to treat these slaves like your work force. This is why the brazilian blacks are able to maintain a culture, because there was a fresh crop of new slaves every season.

THIS IS HOW AMERICA DIFFERS. THEY TWEAKED THE WHITE SUPREMACIST SYSTEM TO PERFECTION.

They took lessons from brazil on HOW NOT TO RUN YOUR SLAVES. At one point USA imported so many slaves, that their was more slaves than the white population. They said fukk THAT! Theres to many of these ****ers , they might stage a revolt.

America started to import LESS, and LESS slaves. And started breeding them. without the influx of new slaves, this destroyed any cultural connections among blacks. Then they brainwashed us. Then they controlled the numbers in the black population. Then they created a managerial system of hard labor, and deadly consequences.

shyt was real

I remember my grandmother saying things that her mother/grandmother said to her about slavery times

:wow:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Seriously they SLAUGHTERED Black men, women and children, like fukking cows. This is because IT WAS CHEAPER TO JUST BUY MORE SLAVES. There was no incentive to treat these slaves like your work force. This is why the brazilian blacks are able to maintain a culture, because there was a fresh crop of new slaves every season.
Basically same thing that hapenned in the Caribbean. It was cheaper to get new crop of slaves than to care and breed new ones. Slaves were valuable possessions in the US. Thats why some plantation owners felt the need to have insurance on them because they couldnt afford to just lose one like that. In Saint-Domingue it was slaughter them by the hundreds to set examples on a weekly basis because the "negriers" were delivering them weekly

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
aefc3047a3c7895ab96a9fffba2a5371.jpg

366px-Boy_woman_Brazil_1874.jpg

fotos-escravos-ama-de-leite-1860.jpg