Philadelphia is a highly slept on city...

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Philly in the building :blessed:

Like the OP said, Philly is a good value in terms of large east coast metro cities. No, its not cheap, but in comparison to overpriced cities like NYC and DC in the vicinity, its a good place to live. You can actually get a nice house in a trendy and/or nice neighborhood without losing your shirt.....not everywhere but most places. if you want to live in Rittenhouse Square or Northern Liberties or Graduate Hospital or Old City, then prepare to pay top dollar.

As far as women, there's enough attractive ones to go around. Philly may not have the best women, but dudes need to stop over hyping DC and NYC. I've been all throughout both. Per capita, they may have a few more attractive chicks but let these dudes tell it and its like Heaven. Stop. The reality is, Philly is a LARGE city with millions inside and outside the city limits. If you can't find an attractive chick to give you some cooperation, then you're a lame. And one thing about Philly chicks is they tend to be hard on lames, so I can understand lames not liking Philly chicks.

Also, like the OP said, Philly is in prime location since its literally surrounded by top metros. NYC is 90 minutes away. Baltimore is 2 hours away. DC is 2.5 hours away. Boston is 5 hours away. Toronto is 8 hours away. Montreal is 7 hours away. Beaches within 1-2 hours. Not to mention a large public transportation system if you don't have a car.

Great restaurants. Great arts. Great colleges and universities. Great scenery.

One thing I will say, in terms of drawing young professionals who want to live in a great city, Philly needs to do better with nighlife. Philly is one of largest cities in the country yet closes down around 11PM. Downtown is dead, on the weekends mind you, past 11PM. This is crazy to me since many other cities, some smaller in population with less to offer, are open with people walking around enjoying the city into the early morning hours.

Peace

There is a bill in rhe council they will probably be passed which allows bars(alcohol) to be served pass 3AM. They already open the Subway 24 hours on the weekends after outrage and was shock by the traffic on the subs. It's getting there

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been in the Illadelph for 8 years (four for school, four for work) and I love it, especially during the summer time

Spruce Street Harbor Park :blessed:
Roots Picnic :blessed:
The Oval :blessed:
Made in America :blessed:
affordable apartments that aren't hole in the walls:blessed:
down to earth people :blessed:
Rittenhouse Square :blessed:
Museum district :blessed:

only downside are the females. It's a struggle to find non ratchet, educated, quality black women out here with no kids who aren't crazy :mjcry:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Philly is cool. Cost of living though is :scusthov: $1000 for an apartment is not good. In the south you can get a nice apartment for like 500-600 easily. I hate the narrow streets in Philly and traffic sucks sometimes. Oh yeah, and parking is TERRIBLE. Other than that yeah, its a really diverse and cool place to live

Southerners are spoiled. On the East Coast $1K for a one bedroom apartment is a steal

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Ehh....you talking about the hood though. Every city got hoods....hell in DC which is one of the safest places now going to Southeast is still a no go zone.

I grew up in Wilmington. Philly's a second home. Now I live in Chester County. I'm about to move into the city soon to be closer to work. I've been to other cities too. I wouldnt call Philly a dump, it just hasn't cleaned itself up yet while other East Coast cities have....how do you think NYC was in the 90s? Look at it now. DC was the murder capital in the 80s and 90s....now it's New York Jr. with all the yuppies and hipsters.

This was Columbia Heights (a popular DC neighborhood) pre-Gentrification

future-DCUSA-site-2005-e1359044982616.jpg

Now it looks like this :ehh:

1423-newton-condos.jpg

I see Philly going that route in another 10-15 years. Yall nikkas better buy property.
Philly is one BIG hood though LOL.

Like I said, I love my city, great sports town and the Suburbs are great. Sure not everywhere is a slum, but most of North Philly (minus the Temple campus) and most of West Philly (minus University City), and ALL of SouthWest is bummy. North East and Roxborough has always been a White Trash/decent area.

West Oak Lane (where I grew up) has some decent blocks, but ALOT of it is hood (I grew up right around Ogonzt Ave near the Cheltenham Mall). Mt Airy is AIIGHT, but has some hood to it too. Chestnut Hill is nice, and some of Germantown Ave is nice....but most of Germantown is STRAIGHT hood. Like 2/3rds of it looks like Jerusalem after the Intifada lol.

Now philly has a lot of potential...I agree there. It's the 2nd largest city on the East Coast after NYC. It has affordable housing because of the crime rate, terrible public school system, and the sanitation department is all out of wack. The administration is straight butt cheeks--it's like Philly and Baltimore share the same playbook....John Street and Nutter have pretty much destroyed the place with their policies.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yeah all those town would probably be all up in arms to be considered philly... But you are right they basically are philly.
Funny thing is they would be up in arms but leave here where they say they from though lol

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Did this nikka say City Blue nobody in the entire city shop there anymore. You see so out of touch about Philly.

I just don't understand all you dudes know is the slums every city has a damn slum. What yall expect an entire city to be fix which took 100 years to destroy those hoods won't be fix for a while because the people don't give a shyt and who goes in the hood. That's like saying London is awesome but rhe hood is shytty so the city is garbage wtf.
LOL I didn't say I shopped at City Blue...I haven't been in that place in 15+ years....anyway...my point was that it seems to be the only store down there.

If I really need to do some sort of shopping, then you can find me at KOP, Oxford Valley, Willow Grove etc out in the burbs...like I said, the counties are nice, VERY nice.

But Market and Chestnut Street are boring as hell. Reading Terminal is a nice place to grab some food...South Street has always been South Street...entertaining in the Summer.

And it didn't take 100 years to destroy those hoods...when my parents were coming up (50s and 60s), Philly was a fine place. Highly segregated, but it wasn't a slum. The black folks there consisted of mostly working class, traditional nuclear families. Now the place is like another Beirut lol. My parents went to Simon Gratz High School (it's where they met), and it was completely different back then to what it is now if you let them tell it.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Did this nikka say City Blue nobody in the entire city shop there anymore. You see so out of touch about Philly.

I just don't understand all you dudes know is the slums every city has a damn slum. What yall expect an entire city to be fix which took 100 years to destroy those hoods won't be fix for a while because the people don't give a shyt and who goes in the hood. That's like saying London is awesome but rhe hood is shytty so the city is garbage wtf.
This nikka super out of touch saying city blue do nikkas even shop there anymore? He'd been better off saying sneaker villa or ubiq. I knew this nikka was crazy saying woolworths that shyt ain't been around since the fukking 90's.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
LOL I didn't say I shopped at City Blue...I haven't been in that place in 15+ years....anyway...my point was that it seems to be the only store down there.

If I really need to do some sort of shopping, then you can find me at KOP, Oxford Valley, Willow Grove etc out in the burbs...like I said, the counties are nice, VERY nice.

But Market and Chestnut Street are boring as hell. Reading Terminal is a nice place to grab some food...South Street has always been South Street...entertaining in the Summer.

And it didn't take 100 years to destroy those hoods...when my parents were coming up (50s and 60s), Philly was a fine place. Highly segregated, but it wasn't a slum. The black folks there consisted of mostly working class, traditional nuclear families. Now the place is like another Beirut lol. My parents went to Simon Gratz High School (it's where they met), and it was completely different back then to what it is now if you let them tell it.

Breh where have you been Market East is no more there is a big hole in the ground because they are building a state of the art outside shopping complex with benches walkways and stores lol. The gallery will be under construction for a couple of years as they are really making it into a mall now.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Philly in the building :blessed:

Like the OP said, Philly is a good value in terms of large east coast metro cities. No, its not cheap, but in comparison to overpriced cities like NYC and DC in the vicinity, its a good place to live. You can actually get a nice house in a trendy and/or nice neighborhood without losing your shirt.....not everywhere but most places. If you want to live in downtown/downtown vicinity neighborhoods like Rittenhouse Square or Northern Liberties or Graduate Hospital or Old City, then prepare to pay top dollar.

As far as women, there's enough attractive ones to go around. Philly may not have the best women, but dudes need to stop over hyping DC and NYC. I've been all throughout both. Per capita, they may have a few more attractive chicks but let these dudes tell it and its like Heaven. Stop. The reality is, Philly is a LARGE city with millions inside and outside the city limits. If you can't find an attractive chick to give you some cooperation, then you're a lame. And one thing about Philly chicks is they tend to be hard on lames, so I can understand lames not liking Philly chicks.

Also, like the OP said, Philly is in prime location since its literally surrounded by top metros. NYC is 90 minutes away. Baltimore is 2 hours away. DC is 2.5 hours away. Boston is 5 hours away. Toronto is 8 hours away. Montreal is 7 hours away. Beaches within 1-2 hours. Not to mention a large public transportation system if you don't have a car.

Great restaurants. Great arts. Great colleges and universities. Great scenery.

One thing I will say, in terms of drawing young professionals who want to live in a great city, Philly needs to do better with nighlife. Philly is one of largest cities in the country yet closes down around 11PM. Downtown is dead, on the weekends mind you, past 11PM. This is crazy to me since many other cities, some smaller in population with less to offer, are open with people walking around enjoying the city into the early morning hours.

Peace
They are trying to work on the nightlife. They have a bill coming out where clubs can stay open till 4. Outside the weekends don't mind it too much because if I go to visit friends or family who stay downtown don't have to worry much about crowded parking but still are places to go all over the city.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Breh where have you been Market East is no more there is a big hole in the ground because they are building a state of the art outside shopping complex with benches walkways and stores lol. The gallery will be under construction for a couple of years as they are really making it into a mall now.
So I heard...that still doesn't change what I said though lol. And I was just using Market as an example. Go to Walnut St, Chestnut St....name whatever one you like...there's nothing there. Sure, Society Hill, Rittenhouse Sq etc have always been nice, but once you're on N/Broad, and pass Vine Street...the other 90% of the city needs a serious adjustment.