Philadelphia is a highly slept on city...

TenChambers

All Star
Daps
Driving down South St. in High School when the weather got nice was :ahh:back in the day. Don't venture too far up North Broad though at night. :whoa: That shyt can turn in an instant if you're not from around here. Once you get past Temple campus & those bright ass lights they got installed everywhere :ufdup:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
So I heard...that still doesn't change what I said though lol. And I was just using Market as an example. Go to Walnut St, Chestnut St....name whatever one you like...there's nothing there. Sure, Society Hill, Rittenhouse Sq etc have always been nice, but once you're on N/Broad, and pass Vine Street...the other 90% of the city needs a serious adjustment.

Walnut Street is like the KOP of philly all the stores high price are on or coming to Walnut. Chestnut needs adjustment on the East side but west just got timberland and all other stores. Big ass cheesecake factory opening in two weeks and the cigar lounGE Walnut is nice as shyt. The other parts will come in time. The developer who made the piazza just bought the old Daily News building on callow hill street. The big ass church and skyscraper apartment/shopping stores on vine stfeet is being built.

Philly growing breh. Temple expanding to Girade ave since they bought William Penn high

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
NYC...I've been living here as my residence since about 1998/1999...all of my family is pretty much in Philly though...atleast 4 generations. I go back every 3-4 weeks to see my parents
I'm from NYC and moved down this way during the end of high school and have been here ever since. I visit my fam in NYC all the time. Seeing that you've been there since 99, you probably live in Brooklyn or Harlem.

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Philly chicks are easily the most down to earth, low maintenance and approachable girls in any major city I've been to. The problem is they're often :huhldup:status in both looks and body(too many philly cheesesteaks), they also all have some sort of baggage. basically its a good city for an easy smash/casual dating but a bad city to find a longterm girlfriend/wife. best bet if you're looking for serious dating is finding a grad school chick (UPenn, Temple, etc.) there are also a lot of incense, Erykah Badu socially conscious chicks in certain spots if you're into that

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
The people making negative comments obviously have never been to Philly either have never been here or never leave the hood and have no idea what's going on right now..like the OP said Phily is one of the few major cities left that you can purchase affordable homes in nice neighborhoods in close proximity to downtown although that is changing fast..a lot of Ny transplants coming buying up large house that are 350,000 here would be 2 mill or more in Ny...mix in some of the best restaurants and craft beer in the country you guys really don't know what your missing/talking about...check out northern liberties, univeristy city, graduate hospital area, fish town ,and chestnut hill and tell me the city isn't the best it's ever been

Word. Godwilling, I want to buy a house or three before these New Yorkers come down and price gouge the market.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I'm from NYC and moved down this way during the end of high school and have been here ever since. I visit my fam in NYC all the time. Seeing that you've been there since 99, you probably live in Brooklyn or Harlem.
I lived in Fort Green from 2000-2007. Now if you wanna talk about change...that place has changed...and Harlem has changed majorly since the 90s....FG is another East Village.

Philly is well.....:beli:...like I said, I was born and raised there, and I'm very nostalgic about the 80s and 90s. I knew dudes in Ram Squad, MF, Junior Black Mafia and my parents went to HS with a few members of the Black Mafia. Things have changed but whenever I drive down Broad Street and look down Germantown Ave by the Expressway, I get the :wow: face going. The place looks like it was bombed by drones.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
any philly heads remember a strip club called nights on broad. MAN OH MAN. straight underground go in the basement type of club.
Shaky butts...aint been there in a grip....right over by the Fern Rock Station.

EDIT: Sorry not Fern Rock....FR is more East Oak Lane...I'm talking about the terminal by Girls High and Einstein Hospital.

Last edited:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Philly chicks are easily the most down to earth, low maintenance and approachable girls in any major city I've been to. The problem is they're often :huhldup:status in both looks and body(too many philly cheesesteaks), they also all have some sort of baggage. basically its a good city for an easy smash/casual dating but a bad city to find a longterm girlfriend/wife. best bet if you're looking for serious dating is finding a grad school chick (UPenn, Temple, etc.) there are also a lot of incense, Erykah Badu socially conscious chicks in certain spots if you're into that

Philly chicks are much more cooperative than the prissy stuck up hoes in DC. I hated those buppies :scust: Of course a lot of these Philly chicks got kids. It's a bit harder to find chicks without baggage.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Philly chicks are much more cooperative than the prissy stuck up hoes in DC. I hated those buppies :scust: Of course a lot of these Philly chicks got kids. It's a bit harder to find chicks without baggage.

as sad as it is, whenever I find an attractive black chick in her mid-20's in Philly who doesn't have any kids I feel like I hit the jackpot

• Dap
Reactions: Oso
Daps
Reppin
NULL
any philly heads remember a strip club called nights on broad. MAN OH MAN. straight underground go in the basement type of club.

Yoooooooooooo I will never forget that spot..straight anything goes status

It was another spot on like 40th and market where nikkas was straight taking in chicks in the back and smashing