Phil Spencer Criticizes Sony For Forcing Customers to Double Dip On Late PC Ports

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is.
Sony is porting old software to a new platform and charging full price.
So what? If people don’t want to buy old games on pc at full price they don’t have to, no one is forcing them.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
GOW is a new game to the PC platform
FULL PRICE
What the fukk does how long its been out on other platforms got to do with it?

PC Master Race was just blabbering about new frame rate and true 4k and shyt :gucci:
Be a president of the losing video game company, brehs

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
So what? If people don’t want to buy old games on pc, they don’t have to, no one is forcing them
Saying 'nobody is forcing consumers to buy' is such a piss poor argument that ppl use when they're unable to articulate their stance.

And if you dont have a problem with it, fine, just keep that same energy.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Someone tell me why Nintendo isn’t included in these discussions? If Sony is such a bad boy for not releasing their games on pc and console day one, why is Nintendo conveniently left out of these discussions? I don’t expect an answer though. They will conveniently ignore this question as well :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Someone tell me why Nintendo sent included in these discussions? If Sony is such a bad boy for not release if their games on of and console day one, why is Nintendo conveniently left out of these discussions? I don’t expect an answer though. They will conveniently ignore this question as well :mjlol:

similar to how they whine about sony "money hatting" games like FF16 or Kotor but champion microsoft buying bethesda and keep praying they buy sega or take two.

when you're in last place, anything goes.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
whats also funny about this is xbox fans talk about xcloud and gamepass and how its the future yet God of War has literally been available on PC through PSNow for months already. So if they really wanted to play it they could have damn near done it for free.

crying about having to pay for god of war again when sony is literally giving you the option to play it for free on pc.:mjlol:

TRWG1WU820VI_R1rzkG31cPEB7pLNby5f1EzL5_qFv8.jpg

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Or you know, they're just showing the urgency behind owning their hardware if you wanna play their games. Nintendo did the same with Monster Hunter Rise and Octopath

No they didn’t. Neither of those games are made by Nintendo.

I think Phil is misunderstanding Sony’s goal here. Sony is furthering their reach while keeping their rabid fanboys at bay by not doing day & date.
They’re executing a win-win strategy, sell 15+ million copies on the PS5 and inexpensively port a few years later and sell another 500K-1 million copies.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
whats also funny about this is xbox fans talk about xcloud and gamepass and how its the future yet God of War has literally been available on PC through PSNow for months already. So if they really wanted to play it they could have damn near done it for free.

crying about having to pay for god of war again when sony is literally giving you the option to play it for free on pc.:mjlol:

TRWG1WU820VI_R1rzkG31cPEB7pLNby5f1EzL5_qFv8.jpg
So why charge full price for it now?:ohhh:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What the fukk has Xbox policy got to do with Sony’s? Are y’all seriously this stupid?

So Microsoft ships their games on both pc and console at the same time so Sony should do the same? Why?

You ignored my question, should Nintendo also ship their games on pc at the same time? And why aren’t y’all on Nintendo’s neck?

All he did was state an obvious consumer benefit of his platform compared to others, and you found some way to get your feelings hurt about it:heh:

And now you're juelzing and asking me about Nintendo as if that has anything to do with anything...Yes many of their business practices are shytty, especially when it comes to rereleasing ports. We all know this and the general consensus is that it's whack as fukk, what's your point?:yeshrug:

Please don't @ me and call me stupid with this dumb ass shyt:mjlol:. I know you like to argue with people but you are not very good at it:skip: