Phil Spencer Criticizes Sony For Forcing Customers to Double Dip On Late PC Ports

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No they didn’t. Neither of those games are made by Nintendo.

I think Phil is misunderstanding Sony’s goal here. Sony is furthering their reach while keeping their rabid fanboys at bay by not doing day & date.
They’re executing a win-win strategy, sell 15+ million copies on the PS5 and inexpensively port a few years later and sell another 500K-1 million copies.
But you get what I'm saying, eventually the exclusive titles come to PC, you just have to wait. Nintendo's own IPs are different, but some of the third party exclusives are getting ported. Sony seems to be doing the same thing with Horizon, Death Stranding, Days Gone and now GoW. Xbox doesn't incentivize people to own their hardware by having their games also available on PC day 1, that's all

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
But you get what I'm saying, eventually the exclusive titles come to PC, you just have to wait. Nintendo's own IPs are different, but some of the third party exclusives are getting ported. Sony seems to be doing the same thing with Horizon, Death Stranding, Days Gone and now GoW. Xbox doesn't incentivize people to own their hardware by having their games also available on PC day 1, that's all
Sony themselves said they positioned the PS4 to compete with PC as a platform only to find out the ecosystems can co-exist and there isn't much cross-over due to convenience and console being targeted at a more casual audience.

So you're argument is wrong.
Exactly. It’s good business, PC players can get a taste of top tier 1st party games with upgraded features (something nintendo would never do) and PlayStation owners get to play and enjoy them first. There still exist another reality where PlayStation never ports anything to pc

Anyone thats mad about these ports are just trolling.
No you're slurping corporations again with weak arguments to back you're stance.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sony themselves said they positioned the PS4 to compete with PC as a platform only to find out the ecosystems can co-exist and there isn't much cross-over due to convenience and console being targeted at a more casual audience.

So you're argument is wrong.
Huh? What's my argument? If it's that owning an Xbox is pointless if you have a decent PC then I'm not wrong

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You do know PC has VR right? :jbhmm:
You do know that Phil gives these devs the leeway to develop whatever they want right? :jbhmm:

You also know gamepass pc is high key trash right? The core gamepass market will continue to be on xbox, which does not support VR hardware. If Bethesda end up making VR titles this gen you have my permission to quote me and I’ll hold the L.

Or we could even make it interesting…up to you

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Still wrong.
The average console gamer is not building a PC or gaming on one.
Well that makes sense, but at the end of the day more people will buy a console that has games they want to play on it. PlayStation is still the only way to play several AAA games, unless you want to wait a few years to play them. The incentive to buy a PS is greater than Xbox if you are remotely aware of the advantages of PC gaming, and a lot of people in my age bracket (mid 30s) are making the switch to PC. shyt this might be my last console generation with the way things are headed. I'll keep a Nintendo system on deck for their exclusives, but yeah

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Sony doesnt even charge full price, fukk this dude Im getting God of War in January

They didnt charge full price for Horizon or Detroit

He really needs to focus on making fukking games and not what other people are doing

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
REmember the last 6 years are supposed to be the greatest in Xbox History :mjlol:

such a clown

If you really just stand back and observe you really start to see so many patterns form. Last gen if you spoke to an xbox stan you would swear they had new exciting games coming out every single year, you couldn’t tell them shyt. It was always, “wait and see”, now after all this time they are finally ready to admit they had trash leadership and the games were hurt. Now this year they fought with us for months about how xbox had a bunch of games launching and that it was over, bethesda, gamepass, phil said, etc. now after those trash gamepass numbers came out they’re all like, “but thats to be expected with halo delayed and no big 1st party games”…..lol

It’s like the same reoccurring cycle of caping. Next year is gonna be a repeat of this one, they gonna say, “yeah but Redfall and starfield” next thing you know those are delayed and they gonna say, “yeah but 2023 we got starfield, Hellblade 2, avowed…”

It never ends :snoop:

image003.jpg

How much longer can it be “next year”???

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If you really just stand back and observe you really start to see so many patterns form. Last gen if you spoke to an xbox stan you would swear they had new exciting games coming out every single year, you couldn’t tell them shyt. It was always, “wait and see”, now after all this time they are finally ready to admit they had trash leadership and the games were hurt. Now this year they fought with us for months about how xbox had a bunch of games launching and that it was over, bethesda, gamepass, phil said, etc. now after those trash gamepass numbers came out they’re all like, “but thats to be expected with halo delayed and no big 1st party games”…..lol

It’s like the same reoccurring cycle of caping. Next year is gonna be a repeat of this one, they gonna say, “yeah but Redfall and starfield” next thing you know those are delayed and they gonna say, “yeah but 2023 we got starfield, Hellblade 2, avowed…”

It never ends :snoop:

image003.jpg

How much longer can it be “next year”???

They worse than delusional knick fans :deadrose: