Peter Moore is still angry about Sony "FUDing" the Dreamcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka Sega ran out of resources. What are u not getting? The console cycle for that shyt was short as fukk. They couldn’t sustain in the console market and that’s cause of shyt that was THEIR fault. They were in fighting.

What does that have to do with low console sales and a lack of 3rd party game support from well know publishers?:patrice: the console cycle was short because the system almost stop selling completely at a point with the lack of 3rd party support.

If it wasn't like Capcom, namco or Sega (who was 1st party at the time) themselves there weren't many other developers supporting the system because of that "FUD" Sony likes to sell these devs and publishers on the back end.

Im sure there were a ton of disagreements at Sega once the new system stop selling and developer didn't support it, yet Quickly moved on the even more difficult to develop for PS2 out the gate.

Yeah they ran out of resources, cutting the price over and over trying to stay in the game.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This was Peter Moore in 2016:

SEGA 'Burned Too Many Bridges' With Saturn, Says Ex-Exec – IGN Unfiltered - IGN

Electronic Arts Chief Competition Officer Peter Moore spoke to his experience as a former executive at SEGA, saying he believes the company "burned too many bridges" with the Saturn, which forced them to exit the hardware business after the Dreamcast failed to take off.

EA Exec: Dreamcast Failed Because of Sega Saturn

Speaking to how SEGA was unwilling to adapt to the changes in the gaming landscape at the time, Moore alluded to just how out of touch the company had become. According to the current COO of Electronic Arts, the developer wanted to simply call its next console the Dreamcast. Evidently, Moore did not let that happen.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This article literally says that the lack of success is what killed them.

Them wanting to ditch Sega in the name makes sense since the SEGA Saturn also couldn't compete with the popularity of the PlayStation.
Yes, lack of success stemming from the Saturn disaster and their unwillingness to change to meet what the market was demanding at the time. That is what doomed SEGA as a hardware manufacturer. They released several pieces of hardware that nobody wanted. They burned a lot of bridges with developers, retailers and gamers, and that ultimately killed the Dreamcast. It wasn't because of Sony marketing.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Sony stans are wild.

Making all kinda excuses, when a former head is telling you Sony brilliantly used FUD against them.

Something they still do to this day, anyone who pays attention to gaming "seriously" should see it unless they are a Stan.

From letting devs and publisher know they'll be or could be serious consequences for making a game exclusive or how it would be much more beneficial to them to make sure a game has some sort of exclusive tied with it or it not being "shown or pushed" at all by them.

At that's just behind the scenes.

But yeah the system didn't sell because you could bootleg games:mjlol::mjlol:
your shyt posting

several posters have talked about the decline of Sega before the DC even dropped and your ignoring it

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, lack of success stemming from the Saturn disaster and their unwillingness to change to meet what the market was demanding at the time. That is what doomed SEGA as a hardware manufacturer. They released several pieces of hardware that nobody wanted. They burned a lot of bridges with developers, retailers and gamers, and that ultimately killed the Dreamcast. It wasn't because of Sony marketing.
It doesn't say any of that extra stuff and that's literally not the case.

Sega Saturn wasn't popular and cost them money it also didn't get a ton of 3rd party support, and Dreamcast followed suit.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
your shyt posting

several posters have talked about the decline of Sega before the DC even dropped and your ignoring it
No yall moving the goalposts as usual. Sega was on the decline that is a fact. But that has nothing to do with the thread or me mentioning how I always dislike Sony's method and stans being like:mjlol: "Sonys methods"

He mentioned how he's salty still at the FUD that Sony used to completely bury them and y'all are like

Nah nah, they were already dead, it had nothing to do with Sony.

So no I'm not trolling, y'all coming in here listening to a lead tell you that Sony FUD really doomed aka helped put them to rest and the turn around and saying "nah they were already dead" because that's what you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.