Peter Moore is still angry about Sony "FUDing" the Dreamcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People forget when the saturn dropped it was high for an MSRP while the genesis was still in all its other forms. Sega fukked up by letting cacs have direction of the company full speed.
Saturn was 100 bucks more than the ps1 which was a death sentence at that point.

Plus I couldn't just buy a Saturn at Walmart only like specialty stores and toy stores carried them

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Breh it was bad.

Dudes had compilation discs with multiple games on them. Emulators and Roms and shyt.

I don’t know how they fukked up that bad.
This. Was a fukkin joke.

All dem nikkaz shiukda got fired for that nonsense

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Breh it was bad.

Dudes had compilation discs with multiple games on them. Emulators and Roms and shyt.

I don’t know how they fukked up that bad.
I remember having that big ass CD case full of every game worth having for the system. It was a good system, but obviously wasn't gonna last very long even without the ease of bootlegging the games. The hardware was already old a year later when the ps2 dropped and the controller was not fit for that generation of games, then the original Xbox dropped not long after that and was basically what the dreamcast should have been.

The dreamcast deserved to flop imo, the real tragedy was how slept on the Xbox was. That shyt should have sold double of what it did. Hands down the most innovative console of that generation.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dreamcast died because people weren't buying games after it was modded. It was the start of the broadband era and games were readily available online for download and you could burn them and play them with no Modchip. Or the bootleg man had them on the low. I held onto my sports edition, but when I seen GTA 3 it was a wrap. Plus the PS2 being a DVD player also influenced the market, and they had top notch exclusives.

Yes Dreamcast was dope and ahead of it's time. Shiiiiiet NBA 2k NFL 2k alone was dope. But playstation 2 was just a Monster with 5 Heads.

I had the whole spindle of CDs burned dreamcast games, but that wasn't what killed them

Sega just had bad business management and Sony got too much money, when they entered gaming they was suppose to partner with Nintendo on playstation, when Nintendo fukked that up, they just took matters in their on hands, the a huge company, sega is on some mom and pop shyt in comparison

Sega would always innovate and drop they shyt first, that's why the end up losing the market share when sony drop their new system

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
I had the whole spindle of CDs burned dreamcast games, but that wasn't what killed them

Sega just had bad business management and Sony got too much money, when they entered gaming they was suppose to partner with Nintendo on playstation, when Nintendo fukked that up, they just took matters in their on hands, the a huge company, sega is on some mom and pop shyt in comparison

Sega would always innovate and drop they shyt first, that's why the end up losing the market share when sony drop their new system
I feel what you saying but at the end of the day the money is made on software, and nobody was buying, games went to 20 dollars, and yes you right about the Nintendo part, the ironic thing is Nintendo partnered with Sony because of the Sega CD, and then backpedaled. So in a Roundabout way the created their own doom

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Where as the PlayStation 1 couldn't play them properly at all...
true, and for the niche hardcore gamers, that was a bit of an issue. but the PS1 instead created the association of its brand with 3D 3rd party games from companies like namco, konami, and square which made it even harder in the following generation for the dreamcast to get that kind of support or even customer loyalty. this was a pivotal moment that even harmed nintendo for a couple generations

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
the ram cart was a benefit. look at the difference of xmen vs street fighter on the saturn vs the psx

still a bad business move. cartridge memory manufacturing costs are paid by the publisher and this was often cited as the biggest reason 3rd parties preferred sony over both sega and nintendo, which limited the libraries of both of those systems.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel what you saying but at the end of the day the money is made on software, and nobody was buying, games went to 20 dollars, and yes you right about the Nintendo part, the ironic thing is Nintendo partnered with Sony because of the Sega CD, and then backpedaled. So in a Roundabout way the created their own doom

Sega of America dropped the ball, the CEO was incompetent, and ran the company into the ground, they always had the superior library and hardware, the Dreamcast was successful at launch and had an elite library of games at the time, the Sega Saturn failed because of it was difficult for third party developers to make 3D games on even though it was more powerful than the playstation, X-men Vs Street Fighter was Arcade perfect port, and it had the extra ram cart to make it run like the arcade

Bootlegging killed the dreamcast moment, when Soul Caliber dropped they was on top playstation 2 wasn't even out yet and Dreamcast shytted on everything out, PS2 was just the superior system because it game out later and sega was already going bankrupt

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Sony's propaganda marketing was top-tier back in the 90s and 00s. Dreamcast came out with SOLID games from launch, but people wanted to wait for PS2, Metal Gear Solid 2 (without a playable Solid Snake :heh: ) and "cinematic" games that later bankrupted most 3rd party companies from that era. @Knicksman20 can explain this better.

Wasn't until the PS3 blunder of a launch, was when people realize that they been fooled.
fukk you talking about? The Playstation is still the #1 selling console:mjlol:. People admitting to buying an inferior console just cause they made that Playstation came and crushed the buildings is some real homotional shyt:russ:.
man those sega stans dont forget shyt :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: the company failed because they DID...not sony's fault
And I love Sega and still own all the systems, but these fools are out of their damn minds if they think Sony is the reason the Dreamcast failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.