FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Exactly I can see 5 even 10.. 30 years later bruh.. old ass hater
In the article it states Pete and his lawyer reached out to Nas multiple times to pay what he’s owed and to no avail so that’s why they’re suing now. They tried to work it out behind the scenes apparently and never was rectified. So now they have to take it to court.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i really don't get why Nas and PR would have a side contract for his payment of royalties for being on the chorus and doing the production. Surely PR would have agreements with how many points he got for the song with the label. Why would an 18 year old do that? and why on earth isn't PR getting paid directly from Sony/ Columbia. Makes no sense

Unless for some reason PR got screwed on the points with Columbia and Nas at a later date agreed personally to fix that out of respect and hasn't actually done it. That's the only way I can see a reason PR would sue Nas

They say Nas signed a contract, not a homeboy agreement type thing, so I think it’s more legally binding. We’ll see how it goes. Hopefully Pete gets his money if it’s owed to him.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This tends to happen all the time in music and its not necessairly anything personal. Lot of times publishing companies stop sending checks or something wasnt compensated in all the payouts and eventually they just gotta formally file a lawsuit at the artist. The single going gold in 2019 might have something where its more signifcant than previous years. Maybe it means hes due for more royalties who knows.

So I dont think its personal

Though with the way Pete me moving like a facebook uncle, you never know

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all too damn old with this Nas worshipping, have some self respect as a Man.

Pay that man and that's it, he kept it behind closed doors since 94, he waited a long time, now it's time to pay this Man.

Nas signed a Contract with Pete Rock he's legally obligated to pay Pete Rock

“Ghetto manners, is you thuggin' me or asking?
Finessin' me or pressin' me? Well none of that is happening. “

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its just funny to me that people are bringing up old BM stories or Pete's perceived lack of work with "big time" rappers, or calling him a hater as an excuse for him to not be given whats rightfully his. Its not an issue with Nas, its a matter of principal. Whether Nas worked a deal out with him (I'm not going to speculate whether he did or not) or an issue with Columbia's administration, he should be paid. Period. The rest is speculation.

Edit: Pete also did get a placement on Lost Tapes 2 but that's neither here nor there

:mjlol: nikka, you act like you have the facts to the lawsuit and assuming Pete is telling the truth, while chastising others for speculating. :camby:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They say Nas signed a contract, not a homeboy agreement type thing, so I think it’s more legally binding. We’ll see how it goes. Hopefully Pete gets his money if it’s owed to him.

PR didn’t even write the hook. Nas wrote the hook and instructed PR how to say it. That’s what makes this all the more comical.

It’s a lot of sleazy lawyers in the industry convincing Artists to sue in hopes of a settlement.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PR didn’t even write the hook. Nas wrote the hook and instructed PR how to say it. That’s what makes this all the more comical.

It’s a lot of sleazy lawyers in the industry convincing Artists to sue in hopes of a settlement.
To be fair, whether Pete wrote the hook or not doesn't really matter. He's still owed performance royalties for that and the production of the record.

Now whether Nas owes him or not, we don't know. But he should get paid what he's owed.