Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
We are supposed to believe out of all the producers on the album Pete Rock was the only one not paid. :mjlol: Not only that Nas signed a special side contract with him?:dead:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Pete needs to get in line:francis:......he late with this alto he was prob one of the first

People don't know a lot of "QB's Finest" didn't get paid shyt either in the end
and fans wonder "why don't we see qb finest part 2, 3, 4?" and lets say an artist has a habit of ghosting promo events(must suck being a up and coming DJ getting shyt throw at you on stage cause son ain't never show up) and interviews thats somebody job you making a lot harder to the point where they maybe missed out on future opportunities or even got fired and lets say some of these people ended up in high positions editorial or otherwise or have big youtube channels/podcasts "why does this seemingly random person hate nas so much" "everybody is just jealous and hates on nas for no reason" yeah right

Daps
Track is flawless Pete deserves them royalty checks I’ve heard the song in 2K and being used as Sync soundtracks in various places

Daps
The song finally went gold a couple years ago and Pete caught wind of that shyt and want his money. I don’t see why Nas Stan’s getting mad at Pete for wanting his money if this is even true

Nas Stan’s are by far the worst fan base on the coli. 2pac Stan’s ain’t got shyt on Nas Stan’s
Nas Stan here I agree with you Pete should be getting his money

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Pete needs to get in line:francis:......he late with this alto he was prob one of the first

People don't know a lot of "QB's Finest" didn't get paid shyt either in the end
and fans wonder "why don't we see qb finest part 2, 3, 4?" and lets say an artist has a habit of ghosting promo events(must suck being a up and coming DJ getting shyt throw at you on stage cause son ain't never show up) and interviews thats somebody job you making a lot harder to the point where they maybe missed out on future opportunities or even got fired and lets say some of these people ended up in high positions editorial or otherwise or have big youtube channels/podcasts "why does this seemingly random person hate nas so much" "everybody is just jealous and hates on nas for no reason" yeah right
Man shut yo bum ass up u more obsessed with Nas than his “stans”. U rarely have a good opinion on any subject.

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
nas been in it 30 pete been in it 36 smarten up Yauze, 19 albums in 27 years nas I can divide:troll:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Bro I forgot the question mark but I was asking u to qualify because I do remember everyone from the sessions saying it was Wiz originally over that hook.
Article says that this song was the only gold single from Illmatic.
Without Pete Rock in the video and on the hook, odds are that the single doesn't sell that many copies. Getting Wiz off that was a smart move

temptations-david-ruffin.gif

For all the pre release hype, Illmatic didn't do well commercially. People fukked with the album, but it was dubbed/bootlegged to death,
Without the Gold single for their efforts, maybe the record label drops Nas .

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Article says that this song was the only gold single from Illmatic.
Without Pete Rock in the video and on the hook, odds are that the single doesn't sell that many copies. Getting Wiz off that was a smart move

temptations-david-ruffin.gif

For all the pre release hype, Illmatic didn't do well commercially. People fukked with the album, but it was dubbed/bootlegged to death,
Without the Gold single for their efforts, maybe the record label drops Nas .
The single didn’t go gold until AFTER the album went double platinum bruh. Lol

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
30 years bruh? U think it’s NAS who ain’t paying him? So Nas chose Pete Rock to not pay him out of every producer. Y’all nikkas need to use yall noggin. Nas ain’t the one responsible to pay him royalties. All in all. I hope that nikka gets whatever he’s owed if he is owed anything and Nas NEVER fukks wit that nikka again. nikka been a crab since 96.
That’s not this works.
Pete Rock is supposed to sue Nas, if there’s a contract, and if there is a third-party label, then Nas does a third-party suit, called an impleader, and ropes in the label so both of them get paid their due.

It’s not just hard feelings.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
That’s not this works.
Pete Rock is supposed to sue Nas, if there’s a contract, and if there is a third-party label, then Nas does a third-party suit, called an impleader, and ropes in the label so both of them get paid their due.

It’s not just hard feelings.
But my thing is. Pete Rock got writing and production credit. Why would he do a side contract with Nas after that as well? I don’t get it. Like someone else pointed out. Was he trying to take advantage? That seems like a slimy thing to do. Regardless if he’s owed money he should get paid.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No way? That's foul. Ya cause this interview I saw where some show got shut down - may have been Boot camp - he said his girlfriend was missing for a bit and I think he mentioned she was just 19 and he must have been over 46.

Now I may have read it all wrong. I'm all for anyone dating over 19 - but to put it out there so openly with a smirk was a trip. Also there's mad problems with big age gaps unless ppl are just lightly dating.
It is what it is.

Something was off about it. That line of his when he said after high school I went straight to College was breakthrough for me on down with the king's....but what I heard on how he is in reality doesn't match that.
Nas and Pete Rock are like a year apart in age.