Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I was unaware that Pete Rock has a history of being litigious with others such as Q-Tip, Puffy, Trackmasters or that he was listed in the BMI songwriting credits meaning he was or should have been getting them anyway

That means either he aint organized and thinks he always has a case when he doesnt or isnt organized or hes more organized than most and they are things that are disconnected with the royalty agreements

Guess we'll see

But if they cut some sort of side deal for him to get extra royalties off it when it comes to Nas cheque and it was verbal agreement in 92-93.....i mean :skip:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Also speaking on the review shyt. I don’t give a fukk about reviews if they real but the flagrant disrespect from these white boys even got the attention of Anthony Saleh.

this ain’t just about Nas at this point. There’s a bigger picture here about how unprofessional and bold these crackers are and anyone who fukk with and value this black artform should feel this way imo. I didn’t even read the review and I don’t even care if it was positive by the way. They are what’s wrong with hip hop media in a nutshell.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Truth.

Pete did the same with Q-Tip and Trackmasters and mad other producers. Where he's claimed they owed him money for his ideas. Tip said Pete was accusing him of stealing the beat for "Jazz", and that Pete spent years telling a story that was all lies. Every time Pete was asked about it, he would tell some story about how Tip saw the records he used for it and "stole" the beat by making it again on his own. Tip said, he was supposed to do a joint with Pete and Large Professor, and that Pete didn't have a problem with him making his own version of the beat, until it blew up when he used it for The Low End Theory. Tip said he told Pete he had an idea for something similar and said:

"I wanna hook that beat up!’ And he was like ‘Aight fukk it’. I was like ‘I’m gonna do that shyt and then we can exchange, I’ll give you some shyt’. And he was like ‘Alright, cool’. That was the story, that’s why on it (“We Got The Jazz”) I said ‘Pete Rock for the beat ya don’t stop’."

He tried to sue Puff and Trackmasters for BIG's "Juicy" because he said they stole that from him too. But Trackmasters said Puff wanted that sample flipped and a few people to try to flip it, but he chose their version for the album, and Pete tried to sue them because his version wasn't used. He helped get the YG's signed, and they showed up to the family day picnic they used to have with all the Mt. Vernon rappers, and they walked up on Pete and stomped him out in front of everybody. After Pete got back up, he started running out the park and they chased him. These dudes would either beat-down or chase Pete every time they saw him. At weddings, industry events, etc. Because he had them sign a shady deal, and he was stealing from them. This was around '93. So as much as I love dude's music, Pete has always been known to move funny in business, and just with other artists and producers. It's clearly still a thing with him.

Lord, help me. :mjlol: :dead: Crying actual tears right now. :deadrose:

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AC435030-BF84-4-EA2-8352-94-EB5168-F19-E.png

It’s grown men asking for streaming parties of album that’s dead already

urging brehs to vote on xxl for Nas

talking people are intimidated by Nas as a black man

searching for every negative review to discuss it

Them dudes talking about every thing but the lyrics or the album

I’m in that bytch dying

I love y’all dudes. Y’all the only fanbase that care about reviews in 2022
:mjlol:
:scust:Wow.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
LOL @ all the stanley throwing a temper thantrum because someone is asking for his money.

The crazy thing is most of you are 30+ but still stanning rappers like 15 years ago.

Talking about a second childhood.

The song finally went gold a couple years ago and Pete caught wind of that shyt and want his money. I don’t see why Nas Stan’s getting mad at Pete for wanting his money if this is even true

Nas Stan’s are by far the worst fan base on the coli. 2pac Stan’s ain’t got shyt on Nas Stan’s

Thye became worse than Pac, Jay and Em fans in the last 4 years, since Nas started to get some good press. They used to be mad quiet, thus tolerable, prior to that.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
LOL @ all the stanley throwing a temper thantrum because someone is asking for his money.

The crazy thing is most of you are 30+ but still stanning rappers like 15 years ago.

Talking about a second childhood.

Thye became worse than Pac, Jay and Em fans in the last 4 years, since Nas started to get some good press. They used to be mad quiet, thus tolerable, prior to that.
The media hate Nas for his blackness. He don’t get good press.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Last edited:

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
Pete is a genius. But he seems like miserable fukk to be around due to his inflated ego. Breh probably think illmatic is great as it is because of his one track.

Its damn near 30 years later and now he wanna do some hoe shyt cuz Nas STILL winning.

Sohh he still feels Nas owes him for a feature on his albums? :mjlol:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's this here.

Most people in the business know, Pete isn't exactly the most-liked guy in the culture. He's pretty much always been miserable, but he's publicly shown it a ton over the past two decades or so. He would be on the air saying wild things about Nas when he had Future Flavas with Marley. Always seemed to honestly hate Nas, for whatever reason. But he's made millions of questionable moves and comments against other artists and producers over the years. Just never seemed like he's ever been happy. So a lot of the shyt that CL was saying about him, has kinda come to light since they broke up. Including how Pete is in serious need of some money. I don’t think this suit goes anywhere for him. No other producer on the album seemed to have any issue with payments from Columbia/Sony. Why would Pete be singled out? Doesn't make any sense.

Future Flavas was the first time I heard about Pete & Nas beef. I miss those uploads

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Thanks.
Never knew this. So that's why the song sounded fuzzy, like a demo.
On the version I remember, Cormega had the best parts.

Now I'm hearing that it was a solo Nas record, that Marley was throwing people on?

Wow

I thought it was originally supposed to be a Nas/Mega joint. It was out in '95 when they were talkin Firm ish. I once heard Screwball were the late additions...and I think after Nas said something, he took his verse off.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
:russell:

you literally believe everyone that claims something is an underdog. or got done dirty :laff:

we will see how it plays out. :pachaha:

I don't.

Let them see a judge and stop being mad at people for suing. The judge will decide.

You cats get mad at people just because they give their side of the story or sue.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don't.

Let them see a judge and stop being mad at people for suing. The judge will decide.

You cats get mad at people just because they give their side of the story or sue.

"we" don't get mad. several people posted receipts on how Pete moves. he's getting called out because of that. Pete has an unhealthy obsession with Nas. This is just another chapter in the story.

you are perpetually naive and passive aggressive towards me in any thread I post in. stop trying to interact with me. shyt is weird

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
"we" don't get mad. several people posted receipts on how Pete moves. he's getting called out because of that. Pete has an unhealthy obsession with Nas. This is just another chapter in the story.

you are perpetually naive and passive aggressive towards me in any thread I post in. stop trying to interact with me. shyt is weird
Never fails. nikkas come in threads being disingenuous on purpose cause of “Nas stans” and daps.