Personally, what do you think of Affirmative Action?

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Don king
George foreman selling grills
Jay-Z
P.Diddy
berry gordy
micheal jordan

sports and entertainment bosses are the image of AA bussiness people.

Black people got their foot decently into politics on all levels without afirmmative action...just equal opportunity. Once business catches up....the other side of the the tug-a-war on our nation things will improve.

politcal pull is one thing....business/economic pull is another thing that requires a different type of education. How come it wasn't a black guy that invented facebook? or did things like steve jobs and bill gates and become crazy rich?!? People have day jobs and go the studio after-work to try to catch a break in the rap came....couldn't the same be done with anything else?!?! People with day jobs write app for iphones afterwork.......I'm not sure if african american interest in general is in profitable areas that caters to the masses outside of entertainment and sports theses days. Ain't to many geroge washington carvers out these days! why ain't brothas coding smart phone apps or what-have-you? huge market black people ain't tapping into.

I agree 100%. My friend is currently developing an iphone app for black politicians. I don't know if it will sell but it could be popular for the DC area. I don't know jack and shyt about apps or app creation so when he was telling me about it, I was like :wtf: And its EASY money if you make an app that people will buy. Totally untapped. But to your point I don't understand why black people don't jump on this, like we don't use smart phones or something? Maybe it will take time. It only takes one person to make it popular to get us on board.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is that a large chunk of Black Americans aren't even making it out of K-12, so free college may not help. Personally, I feel that higher education should be free for all students or at least subsidized to have minimal tuition.

You must of missed my original post. i said AA should be used on Adult black folks, teen black kids, and then on little kids as well. all at the same time. since it took us generations to get into such a deficit. it will take us a couple to get out. of course the AA for adults will only work so well. people are set in their ways. it will work a bit better on teens since there's more control there since teens are children. and it would work out well on little kids, since by the time they are adults they would be used to the way things work under AA. and they would be much quicker to take advantage of what a new an improved AA has to offer.

Code Blue

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate that shyt, when I interviewed for med school and residency they always paired me with a physician of color asking if I had any questions about working as a person of color in their environment.

White people are not superior by any means, so why do we need a handicap?

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

Dude was on point about missapplying, sadly some of that can be chalked up to pre-law advisors telling students to shoot for the stars and providing them with a misguided sense of heightened expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I hate that shyt, when I interviewed for med school and residency they always paired me with a physician of color asking if I had any questions about working as a person of color in their environment.

White people are not superior by any means, so why do we need a handicap?

You have it all wrong breh. Institutional racism still exists and Affirmative Action is one of the best ways to even out the playing field. If we can't get reparations, at least give us a fukking job we qualify for.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
You have it all wrong breh. Institutional racism still exists and Affirmative Action is one of the best ways to even out the playing field. If we can't get reparations, at least give us a fukking job we qualify for.

AA is not the best way to even out the playing field, aa is just the only way that you know of becuase that is what you have been told

The truth is it does not even out the playing field and the majority of people that benefit from it are not black

The best way and the only way to even out the playing field is to deal with k-12 education of black students, the notion that saving a few spaces for black people will even out the playing field is delusional and a joke especially when those slots are taken by non black people

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
Do we not have legacy entitlements, where children of rich alumni are shuttled into the institution of their choice w/ little to no qualifications?

Have we not had a fundamentally racist country for 400 years, which has operated at the expense of certain groups? One consequence of this legislative and social mistreatment is the disparity of economic household wealth, in which black Americans possess roughly 5% of the household wealth of white Americans.

Are you of the opinion that this country has been an equitable and reasonably fair country to all citizens? If not, dont give me this bullsht of "unfair bumps" for minorities, when this country has been specifically designed to perform to the detriment of people of color. AA, although not perfect and in need of some modifications, is a tool to combat unfairness. Its not the source or the harvester of inequity.

Breh I've been saying AA is a good temporary thing to help out the black community

This other breh is saying that AA doesn't boost the qualifications of black applicants to jobs/schools/etc. when that's exactly what it's supposed to do

He's just mad at the phrasing or something, some tightass lawyer mad because he takes it as a detraction to his own achievements (i.e. getting into some law schools when he would've gotten into ones ranked maybe 5 to 10 spots lower if he was a CAC, etc.)

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
You just sound like a dude with an axe to grind. I love your attempt to try to personally attack me though. It's the typical shyt people do when they're upset that something is "seemingly" against them. You got aggy and tried to diminish my accomplishments, or make it seem like white kids were "smarter" than I was. :childplease: You even tried to throw shots at majors like 80% of the kids in law school didn't graduate with a liberal arts major of some sort from political science to economics. I almost taught for Testmasters,but decided to chill for the summer. Go look at the baseline score for LSATs to do that and then get back to me :aicmon: I don't need to personally benefit from something to know that somebody arguing against sounds like a fool.

No one at any point said that their LSAT scores are not viewed differently, according to you "it sucks for them" but you were arguing like they were getting in with mediocre marks across the board. I pointed out that wasn't the case. Really go back and look at what I got at you for and then reevaluate your stances. I replied so late because someone upped the thread again. Also, no I was not a prep school kid, went back and forth between private schools and magnet schools but whatever.

Whatever breh :comeon:

You're the one who attacked me first :laugh: bragging about the elite schools you went to, as if it matters if you took Algebra 1 and high school history classes next to rich peoples' sons instead of average people :beli:

especially when plenty of your classmates who are doing better than you in law school probably went to "worse" schools than you before law school, even for undergrad

you take all this "black applicants get a bump" shyt as a personal dis when it's just the truth :youngsabo: it's not directed at you

and who cares if their GPAs are looked at the same or close to the same and the LSAT is given a bump vs. both GPA and LSAT bumped more moderately, it ends up being a bump for the black applicant pool either way and different schools probably have different practices i.e. some are GPA whores and others are LSAT

You replied so late because you ignored the quote notification from however many months ago

At this point we're arguing about your feelings and I don't really want to continue, we both acknowledge the facts about AA and you just don't like the phrasing I used since it hurts your feelings or something :leon:

I'll just end it here :salute:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I'll just end it here :salute:

Please do that, lol@ me ignoring a quote notification for months only to reply to it later. You're gassed and no one was attacking you or bragging. Just watch the video ogc posted up and learn something, I was specifically quoting that guy who knows infinitely more about the subject than you or me. You were just specifically WRONG on a particular issue. That's about it. You can be anti-affirmative action and not be inaccurate and I would respect that.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
without Affirmative Action black unemployment would be 25-30% especially in the South.

Its very much needed.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's one of the worst things that ever happened to black people.

Our freedom isn't real because we didn't take it. Civil Rights movement was bullshyt because we sold out. And it destroyed our sense of community. Instead of building our own, we were allowed to assimilate which killed our ambition.

Affirmative action serves as a crutch. They say as a black man you have to work twice as hard to get half as far. Well I say work 8 times as hard and get twice as far ahead. But affirmative action says, you don't have to strive as much and we'll give you the hookup. And the best way to handicap a person is to do everything for them.

:ufdup:

:snoop::what:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
AA is not the best way to even out the playing field, aa is just the only way that you know of becuase that is what you have been told

The truth is it does not even out the playing field and the majority of people that benefit from it are not black

The best way and the only way to even out the playing field is to deal with k-12 education of black students, the notion that saving a few spaces for black people will even out the playing field is delusional and a joke especially when those slots are taken by non black people

:beli:

Who is going to straighten out K-12?

If that happens, then what? Who is going to hire us if regulation is removed?

We don't own anything. We're not in a position to hire our own. As a community our ownership in this country is nil.

Remove the regulations on hiring if you wanna and these white folks gon really show you what time it is.............