Personally, what do you think of Affirmative Action?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
then i'll ask you this simple question.

IF you and i were racing for $100,000 using the same car(i wasnt a good driver when i first started, but it doesnt matter i beat most people that dont look like me because i always get a 10 car headstart.)
Now you are only a so so driver yourself but you always lose against guys like me because you always start 10 cars back.
the race is only for a quarter mile.

would you agree, in order for you to have a FAIR chance vs me, you would need to have your car placed into a position right next to mine? which means your car needs to be moved 10 car lengths ahead of its current position.

IF you agree with moving your car 10 care lengths up to be fair. then you agree with Affirmative Action. at least in how it SHOULD BE used.

But it isn't used in this way for a lot of cases. Sometimes the car isn't move up, but the race is just cancelled.

This is a good and recent example:

The firefighters, nineteen of whom are white and two of whom are Hispanic, had all passed the test for promotions to management. City of New Haven officials invalidated the test results because none of the black firefighters who passed the exam had scored high enough to be considered for the positions. They stated that they feared a lawsuit over the test's adverse impact on a protected minority. The complainants claimed they were denied the promotions because of their race—a form of racial discrimination.

Ricci v. DeStefano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sorry, but that shyt is wrong. They took the same test as everyone. If you want to argue to have a larger quotas of blacks (or any other minorities) take the test, I find that absolutely fair. if you want to argue that standards should be lowered or tests thrown out because a certain group of people couldn't pass, I think that's utterly bullshyt.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
why do people even talk about this? black unemployment is through the roof. AA is like sasquatch and UFOs to black people. white women are all over the place right now :eat: but everybody wants to keep talking about black people and AA.

It's because black people are always on the front line defending it as if it's a key black issue

The whole point I'm tryin to make is that black people need to step back and do a real cost benefit analysis as opposed to the "black people are doing bad so we can't get rid of it" analysis

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But since we are being honest. AA only have one true problem. We don't dictate our own image. What is your idea of an AA businessman/woman? What industry are they in? What is your image of a successful AA? Our image has been degraded so much that people think it is the norm for Black families to be ran by women who's husband/boyfriend is locked up. Its entertainment for the masses. Its Maury on a grand scale. It plants the idea that you are meant for tragedy. Your friends are supposed to be killed, you are supposed to fail school, get shot, or become a rapper, where they can BUY you, like a slave. This is the matrix we live in. Affrimative Action will open the door but for the rest of your life you are going to have prove to the world that you are not what they are showing on the television, newspaper, worldstar. Be Greater- Thats my motto. Show no fear and go where you are not expected to be.

Don king
George foreman selling grills
Jay-Z
P.Diddy
berry gordy
micheal jordan

sports and entertainment bosses are the image of AA bussiness people.

Black people got their foot decently into politics on all levels without afirmmative action...just equal opportunity. Once business catches up....the other side of the the tug-a-war on our nation things will improve.

politcal pull is one thing....business/economic pull is another thing that requires a different type of education. How come it wasn't a black guy that invented facebook? or did things like steve jobs and bill gates and become crazy rich?!? People have day jobs and go the studio after-work to try to catch a break in the rap came....couldn't the same be done with anything else?!?! People with day jobs write app for iphones afterwork.......I'm not sure if african american interest in general is in profitable areas that caters to the masses outside of entertainment and sports theses days. Ain't to many geroge washington carvers out these days! why ain't brothas coding smart phone apps or what-have-you? huge market black people ain't tapping into.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Don king
George foreman selling grills
Jay-Z
P.Diddy
berry gordy
micheal jordan

sports and entertainment bosses are the image of AA bussiness people.

Black people got their foot decently into politics on all levels without afirmmative action...just equal opportunity. Once business catches up....the other side of the the tug-a-war on our nation things will improve.

politcal pull is one thing....business/economic pull is another thing that requires a different type of education. How come it wasn't a black guy that invented facebook? or did things like steve jobs and bill gates and become crazy rich?!? People have day jobs and go the studio after-work to try to catch a break in the rap came....couldn't the same be done with anything else?!?! People with day jobs write app for iphones afterwork.......I'm not sure if african american interest in general is in profitable areas that caters to the masses outside of entertainment and sports theses days. Ain't to many geroge washington carvers out these days!

Well the app game is one of the worst games to get into unless its a hobby, but I get your point, the reason why we don't have black gates or black zucker erg is black kids do t grow up in the type of culture and environment to create things, generally speaking that environment is a comfortable middle upper class and a highly academically oriented environment

It also takes a competitive environment but I think we already have that

And one thing gates and zuckerberg had that will be hard to replicate is a network of rich people starting with their parents, I think that is the part we will have a real problem with and that I'm honestly not sure how to get at that

But I think the rest is doable, I think we can create an academic, competitive environment if our education system is made up of charter schools and private schools and I think we need to raise our savings rate, I think those things will get black people some skin in the game

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in academics. if you black and graduated from private school.....Afrimative Action doesn't factor in so you can't get the "white privilege boost as in prep school white kids already know people at such and such state university and can just show up" ....you really have to put in work in grade school unless you got a connections because AA is gonna benefit public school blacks from the inner city first...then suburbs....then maybe private/prep schools.

AA needs to apply to all black people for undergrad IMO and then it will even it up education wise.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
@BarNone :comeon:

You're bringing up this super old shyt and I can't remember any of your old posts :comeon:

Didn't you deny that AA is actually effective? What the fukk? :wtf:

I don't care if black LSAT takers do poorly, that sucks for them
The fact is that black law school applicants do get a bump for being black or hispanic - IIRC you for some retarded reason deny this

Let me guess, you're a black prep school kid -> 1300 SAT -> Bowdoin -> 3.9 in a something "studies" major and 164 LSAT -> median or below at CCN

:stopitslime:

Also lol at you brushing off those HLS figures because there's no official data :childplease: you should know this better than anyone if you're a law student

That alone proves you're not here to argue about facts :ufdup::usure:

Do we not have legacy entitlements, where children of rich alumni are shuttled into the institution of their choice w/ little to no qualifications?

Have we not had a fundamentally racist country for 400 years, which has operated at the expense of certain groups? One consequence of this legislative and social mistreatment is the disparity of economic household wealth, in which black Americans possess roughly 5% of the household wealth of white Americans.

Are you of the opinion that this country has been an equitable and reasonably fair country to all citizens? If not, dont give me this bullsht of "unfair bumps" for minorities, when this country has been specifically designed to perform to the detriment of people of color. AA, although not perfect and in need of some modifications, is a tool to combat unfairness. Its not the source or the harvester of inequity.

Last edited by a moderator:

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do we not have legacy entitlements, where children of rich alumni are shuttled into the institution of their choice w/ little to no qualifications?

Have we not had a fundamentally racist country for 400 years, which has operated at the expense of certain groups? One consequence of this legislative and social mistreatment is the disparity of economic household wealth, in which black Americans possess roughly 5% of the household wealth of white Americans.

Are you of the opinion that this country has been an equitable and reasonably fair country to all citizens? If not, dont give me this bullsht of "unfair bumps" for minorities, when this country has been specifically designed to perform to the detriment of people of color. AA, although not perfect and in need of some modifications, is a tool to combat unfairness. Its not the source or the harvester of inequity.

yes, In education AA needs to be revamped. it is only for blacks that went to public schools for the most part....it doesn't combat legacy issues.

If you black and from a one generation well off family or had scholarship/financial aid to a private school you should be able to buy into a vanderbilt, usc, duke or ivy league and get-by like the stupid white prep kid that is skaing by because of who his daddy is.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Well the app game is one of the worst games to get into unless its a hobby, but I get your point, the reason why we don't have black gates or black zucker erg is black kids do t grow up in the type of culture and environment to create things, generally speaking that environment is a comfortable middle upper class and a highly academically oriented environment

It also takes a competitive environment but I think we already have that

And one thing gates and zuckerberg had that will be hard to replicate is a network of rich people starting with their parents, I think that is the part we will have a real problem with and that I'm honestly not sure how to get at that

But I think the rest is doable, I think we can create an academic, competitive environment if our education system is made up of charter schools and private schools and I think we need to raise our savings rate, I think those things will get black people some skin in the game

But can that happen with low birth-rates overall, and Black college graduates putting off having kids?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But it isn't used in this way for a lot of cases. Sometimes the car isn't move up, but the race is just cancelled.

This is a good and recent example:

Ricci v. DeStefano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sorry, but that shyt is wrong. They took the same test as everyone. If you want to argue to have a larger quotas of blacks (or any other minorities) take the test, I find that absolutely fair. if you want to argue that standards should be lowered or tests thrown out because a certain group of people couldn't pass, I think that's utterly bullshyt.
test should not be thrown out. and standards should not be lowered.
but what should happen is this. because you know good and well you did black folks dirty for centuries and this is why we are so far behind. you have to make up the difference.

and you have to do that with education and training.

lets say you have 10 black guys who want to become firemen. and 10 white men.

well the 20 guys have to take the test and pass it. DO NOT CHANGE THE TEST REQUIREMENTS. we would mess around and burn down if you did. lol.

here's the difference. lets say there are only 10 spots available right now.

You hire all 10 competent(test passing) guys. white or black. if only the white guys passed the test. then only the 10 white guys get the job. BUT here's the trick. the 10 black guys that didnt pass the test.They now receive on the job training alongside veteran firemen. as well as excess test prep that even their white counterparts may not have received. and they get to take the test an unlimited amt of times(basically until they pass it). now to pull this off without having the the vets just have someone from the test center send them the test and let them cheat. u have to make sure and outside agency is the one running the test while a government agency oversees them(making sure of no foul play with regards to the test). we cant have firemen out there that dont know what they are doing.

Now in non Emergency responder jobs. its different. not as much is at risk. and the larger the company the more black folks you have to hire even if they are not exactly qaulified ...>YET. same rule applies. if black person's resume isnt up to snuff. but its close. you give them an interview and they dont pass the interview, you give them a test and they dont pass the test. FINE. you still hire them as paid interns. and they will stay paid interns until you make sure they pass the requirements for getting this job. that would force a company to make sure they train these black people FAST and well. so that they can actually get to Work on their real job. so the company wont have to spend the same money paying them for just interning.

thats how the AA system SHOULD work.

black folks are missing the crucial training thats necessary. so give it to us. and give it to us for free.

i'll say this as well. black people from america should not have to pay for college. its should be free. they should also have remedial classes setup to get us up to speed. so not to have us in there just to fail us. this means our poor grades will bring down a prestigous schools overall GPA. which will mess with their rank. that means said school can't kick out the black folks that attend. they have to train them up so they will become competent students.

would it be hard as hell? HECK YEAH. but it has to be done. if... we're talking about FAIRNESS. and if WHITE PEOPLE REALLLLY are tired of seeing black americans fail in a lot of areas and as they say "bring the country down". we dont have boot straps to pull ourselves up by. the white folks got all of those. they didnt give us any. so we need the white folks to pull us up by their out stretched hands. and NO they dont deserve special recognition for righting a wrong.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
i'll say this as well. black people from america should not have to pay for college. its should be free. they should also have remedial classes setup to get us up to speed. so not to have us in there just to fail us. this means our poor grades will bring down a prestigous schools overall GPA. which will mess with their rank. that means said school can't kick out the black folks that attend. they have to train them up so they will become competent students.

The problem is that a large chunk of Black Americans aren't even making it out of K-12, so free college may not help. Personally, I feel that higher education should be free for all students or at least subsidized to have minimal tuition.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
back in ktl rapbeats use to write long ass essays on why going to college was not important, now he is writing essays on how he needs the white man to help black people to get into college lol

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
@BarNone :comeon:

You're bringing up this super old shyt and I can't remember any of your old posts :comeon:

Didn't you deny that AA is actually effective? What the fukk? :wtf:

I don't care if black LSAT takers do poorly, that sucks for them
The fact is that black law school applicants do get a bump for being black or hispanic - IIRC you for some retarded reason deny this

Let me guess, you're a black prep school kid -> 1300 SAT -> Bowdoin -> 3.9 in a something "studies" major and 164 LSAT -> median or below at CCN

:stopitslime:

Also lol at you brushing off those HLS figures because there's no official data :childplease: you should know this better than anyone if you're a law student

That alone proves you're not here to argue about facts :ufdup::usure:

You just sound like a dude with an axe to grind. I love your attempt to try to personally attack me though. It's the typical shyt people do when they're upset that something is "seemingly" against them. You got aggy and tried to diminish my accomplishments, or make it seem like white kids were "smarter" than I was. :childplease: You even tried to throw shots at majors like 80% of the kids in law school didn't graduate with a liberal arts major of some sort from political science to economics. I almost taught for Testmasters,but decided to chill for the summer. Go look at the baseline score for LSATs to do that and then get back to me :aicmon: I don't need to personally benefit from something to know that somebody arguing against sounds like a fool.

No one at any point said that their LSAT scores are not viewed differently, according to you "it sucks for them" but you were arguing like they were getting in with mediocre marks across the board. I pointed out that wasn't the case. Really go back and look at what I got at you for and then reevaluate your stances. I replied so late because someone upped the thread again. Also, no I was not a prep school kid, went back and forth between private schools and magnet schools but whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
if anything clarence thomas is an example of the negative side of AA where people are put in positions they are not qualified for

but anyways your ideas for solutions are good but having inner city programs has nothing to do with AA, thats the point im getting at, black people do not need AA to succeed, black people need to break down the inner city education system and rebuild it using charter schools and private schools that use vouchers

Those would be great ideas! I'm at the point now where anything positive can and will work but we need the leadership to step up and get behind it. All these programs can work we just need the people who are willing (particularly the elders) to put their legacies on the line and change the course these young people are heading in. The world is becoming so much smaller and without a COLLEGE degree we are going to see an entire generation of black people stuck in the lower class. Social economic movement is going to slow to a crawl in the next two years it will be impossible for people to get out. And you know what is going to happen. New prisons will be built and people will make money off of other's misery.