Personally, what do you think of Affirmative Action?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
That's a lie

:childplease: dude I live and work with these people, how are you gonna tell me.

they hire black people because they have to hire us breh, this has come out of some of these cacs mouths.

This thread is exposing who the cacs are in this forum. Why do you want black people to' play fair' when cacs have never played fair with us? F*** THAT!

I know what these guys are like and they could give 2 cents about you getting promotions & moving higher up if they didn't feel they 'needed you' to make them look diverse. Are you guys really this naive about America :what: We were just talking about this at work last night.

I almost wish they could do away with it just for a few years as a blind test run, you guys would be in for a RUDE awakening.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease: dude I live and work with these people, how are you gonna tell me.

they hire black people because they have to hire us breh, this has come out of some of these cacs mouths.

This thread is exposing who the cacs are in this forum. Why do you want black people to' play fair' when cacs have never played fair with us? F*** THAT!

I know what these guys are like and they could give 2 cents about you getting promotions & moving higher up if they didn't feel they 'needed you' to make them look diverse. Are you guys really this naive about America :what: We were just talking about this at work last night.

I almost wish they could do away with it just for a few years as a blind test run, you guys would be in for a RUDE awakening.

You are exactly right and I quoted the wrong poster...........That's my bad...You fukking nailed it.

nikkas don't know these white folks for real...If they could have an anonymous vote to re-institute slavery, the shyt would pass with ease, and that's real talk...

I don't care how qualified a nikka is, if its left up to most of these whites in management, they would not be hired.

You need regulation. If not, you'd really see how most of these whites feel about blacks............

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
exactly and what that tells you is that AA is not working and its not a solution that black people need to fight for

Exactly. If the gap keeps increasing while AA is in place, obviously the shyt isn't working.

"I keep getting fat eating this McDonald's so I'd better eat more of it to lose weight." :wtf:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Exactly. If the gap keeps increasing while AA is in place, obviously the shyt isn't working.

"I keep getting fat eating this McDonald's so I'd better eat more of it to lose weight." :wtf:

:rudy: This isn't AA doing this you imbecile. It was easy to see that once :obama: won, we as blacks were going to get the boot for the most part because they can't touch him. Why do you think black unemployment was above 15% & noone else's was? It sure wasn't like Black people weren't trying to get hired. They wouldn't show up in the stat if they weren't putting in applications. AA is the only thing that kept that number below 20% , you best believe that.

Some you guys got this country twisted. Once blacks start owning a significant amount of Capital- I mean enough to hire their own people and having complete Black Excellence cities & communities in America then & only then should we have this discussion about AA.

Anytime before this happens is an asinine thought.

If you are white in this thread I'm not discussing this with you because its obvious what you think. This is directed to black people who think doing away with AA is a 'good thing'.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
:rudy: This isn't AA doing this you imbecile. It was easy to see that once :obama: won, we as blacks were going to get the boot for the most part because they can't touch him. Why do you think black unemployment was above 15% & noone else's was? It sure wasn't like Black people weren't trying to get hired. They wouldn't show up in the stat if they weren't putting in applications. AA is the only thing that kept that number below 20% , you best believe that.

Some you guys got this country twisted. Once blacks start owning a significant amount of Capital- I mean enough to hire their own people and having complete Black Excellence cities & communities in America then & only then should we have this discussion about AA.

If you are white in this thread I'm not discussing this with you because its obvious what you think. This is directed to black people who think doing away with AA is a 'good thing'.

thats bullshyt, AA doesnt even work that way, AA only comes into effect in limited circumstances

im sure white people say that about having to hire blacks or that a black person is only there because of affirmative action, but thats office politics

if they got rid of AA it would have minimal impact on black unemployment and the majority of people that benefit from AA arent even black anyways

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange

:snoop:

You just don't get it, breh. The best way to handicap a person is to do everything for him. It really has to do with integration as a whole. Once, we had no choice but to build our own businesses, hospitals, schools, etc. And it was good for us. It empowered us. And it was good for our economics. Now with integration and AA, we no longer need to start our own pharmacies because we can work for CVS and make money for them instead of keeping that money in our own communities.

AA is the intro to dead prez's "Let's Get Free". It's that knife that the wolf is licking thinking he's enjoying a delicious meal but he's really drinking his own blood.

A higher unemployment rate can be a good thing if it's forcing people to build their own. But AA keeps tossing us these entry level jobs so nikkas is like :whew: "Guess I don't need to start up my own company after all. Thank you, sir!"

:comeon:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

:whew: :salute:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats bullshyt, AA doesnt even work that way, AA only comes into effect in limited circumstances

im sure white people say that about having to hire blacks or that a black person is only there because of affirmative action, but thats office politics

if they got rid of AA it would have minimal impact on black unemployment and the majority of people that benefit from AA arent even black anyways

:laff:

Where do you work man?

Better yet, explain how Affirmative Action "really" works since the other poster got it wrong....:whistle:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

You just don't get it, breh. The best way to handicap a person is to do everything for him. It really has to do with integration as a whole. Once, we had no choice but to build our own businesses, hospitals, schools, etc. And it was good for us. It empowered us. And it was good for our economics. Now with integration and AA, we no longer need to start our own pharmacies because we can work for CVS and make money for them instead of keeping that money in our own communities.

AA is the intro to dead prez's "Let's Get Free". It's that knife that the wolf is licking thinking he's enjoying a delicious meal but he's really drinking his own blood.

A higher unemployment rate can be a good thing if it's forcing people to build their own. But AA keeps tossing us these entry level jobs so nikkas is like :whew: "Guess I don't need to start up my own company after all. Thank you, sir!"

:comeon:

Complete and utter bullshyt.......Integration did not force nikkas to flee from the neighborhoods that they grew up in after they obtained decent jobs....

Nope, not at all. And corporate conglomerates killed small black businesses, not integration.....

And no one told blacks to go outside of their medical ecosystem after integration either. All this was done willingly and HAPPILY......

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
:laff:

Where do you work man?

Better yet, explain how Affirmative Action "really" works since the other poster got it wrong....:whistle:

private companies for the most part do not have a aa rules to follow, aa mostly comes into effect when it comes to government contracting and the problem is that those aa requirements can be fulfilled by hiring or contracting with people that arent black like hispanic, asians, and women

so even in that group of private companies that are required to have affirmative action programs it doesnt require black participation and that is exactly what happens, the main people who benefit from aa are not black

a lot of that stuff where people say somebody got hired because they are black is office politics, its not because there is an actual law that says the company had to hire a black person, so i think you are misinterpreting the situation just because you heard a white person complaining

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Complete and utter bullshyt.......Integration did not force nikkas to flee from the neighborhoods that they grew up in after they obtained decent jobs....

Nope, not at all. And corporate conglomerates killed small black businesses, not integration.....

And no one told blacks to go outside of their medical ecosystem after integration either. All this was done willingly and HAPPILY......

nobody said it was forced, but its well known that integration hurt the cohesiveness of the black community when educated blacks moved outside black neighborhoods

the fact that they did this happily and willingly doesnt change the fact that it had a negative impact on the black communities they left

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nobody said it was forced, but its well known that integration hurt the cohesiveness of the black community when educated blacks moved outside black neighborhoods

the fact that they did this happily and willingly doesnt change the fact that it had a negative impact on the black communities they left

Ok. So basically, there was never any natural unity? All the camaraderie in the black community was due to circumstances and integration just revealed our true character?

Bruh...It's a reason why our inter continental brothers\sisters of African ancestry look at American blacks sideways, and most of it isn't because of media programming either..........

Sad to say, we needed a guide during the first 10-20 years of integration but unfortunately they were strategically removed from the picture....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
private companies for the most part do not have a aa rules to follow, aa mostly comes into effect when it comes to government contracting and the problem is that those aa requirements can be fulfilled by hiring or contracting with people that arent black like hispanic, asians, and women

so even in that group of private companies that are required to have affirmative action programs it doesnt require black participation and that is exactly what happens, the main people who benefit from aa are not black

a lot of that stuff where people say somebody got hired because they are black is office politics, its not because there is an actual law that says the company had to hire a black person, so i think you are misinterpreting the situation just because you heard a white person complaining

Good response, but I dare I say that most employers are publicly traded and are subject to affirmative action policies, are they not?

Well, most employers that blacks are trying to work for anyway...