Personally, what do you think of Affirmative Action?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
If it was an extension of white privilege, wouldn't they support it?

If the program right now really did benefit black people as much as they claimed, it would have been drastically changed or eliminated. We know how quickly they'll change a law if there's even a slight inkling that black people are getting an advantage over them.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
What "white people idea" have I jumped on? What are you talking about? Did I say AA "is the key to economic success"? No, those are your words. I implied it's a positive that puts some blacks in a better position, that's all. That is not the same as saying "AA is the key to economic success". And as for my ideas, I believe in your charter school idea and take back what I said about black improvement. There are significant improvements in some pockets of the country with respects to alternative schools and I do foresee improvment, but I don't believe that improvement will significantly change the outlook of the United States in 10 years.

AA is an idea thought up by white people, white liberals specifically

I think there are people that have been helped but when you analyze the big picture and weigh it against the political cost and the black people it doesn't help and the non black people it does help I make a judgement call to say AA is not worth it and overall it's waste of time defending it

AA is just crumbs, I'm making the call and saying that we as black people should not waste time or energy pursuing crumbs

Last edited:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Liberals need to enter the 21st century and let go of affirmative action and other racial entitlements. You guys are stuck in the past with those outdated programs.
true, what liberal should ask for is reparations for black people. ALL OF THEM. if we get that then we wont ask for another dime or assistance. the law will show "all blacks that receive reparations will not be able to simultaneously receive medicare/medicaid/ food stamps. now they will be able to receive social security since you work and they take it out of your check.

reparations made easy:
-Free vouchers to any private school of your choice no matter the cost from the grades of pre-school to 12th grade.
-Any black child in the 12th grade or younger, can go to any school he/she desires. no matter the location of their residence (until the school is at capacity, once its at capacity your kid has to find some where else to go. capacity is 25 kids per teacher TOPS).

On to college/vocational school/etc: every black person, man woman or child that wants to take classes at a vocational school, junior college, or 4 year college(private and non private) will have a voucher paying for their classes and their books up until the completion of their doctorate degree/or 10 certifications (if you already have a doctorate or if you're not going to a university and you are going the certs route). Now for all incoming freshman to colleges (JC or 4 year). board will be paid for the first 2 years(eat that cafeteria food) but not room(get a loan or pay out of pocket). oh and this also includes schools for the arts. Art institute, School for Sound Engineers, etc.

-every black person's FICO score below 650 will be boosted to 650 no matter what. BUT, the only way to get your credit score boosted. you have to graduate from these sets of classes: Accounting 1 & 2, intro to Finance, Econ 101, How Credit Works and How to budget my money on any salary.

if you dont pass those courses. you dont get your credit boosted. its that simple.
there will be a ton of FREE tutoring to get you thru the classes. they will offer all blacks the ability to audit these classes as many times as they want before actually taking them.

-now to end that AA. we have to do it one last time. for the next 20 years. every single business has to hire 1 black person per every 3 others you hire. yes the person has to be qualified for the position. If you find a candidate that is very close to being qualified but he/she are missing a few credentials. you can hold a spot for them until they get their credentials(remember school is free for black folks). now if another black person comes along with qualifications he/she will have to be given that position, otherwise its on hold for the other person you had in mind.

after the 20 years is up. you no longer have to give black folks anything when it comes to a job.

the perks from above minus the AA will last for 500 years. and you know why. so dont even ask. there will be a panel that looks into hiring trends. if by any chance it looks as if white people or others are again not hiring qualified blacks. then the AA process will start again and go for 5 year increments until people get their act together.