Personally, what do you think of Affirmative Action?

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
go ask some youngin in the streets is he satisfied.

thats how you know your theory is incorrect.

we're not satisfied at all. we're so Sick and tired of overworking for less results to the point some of us have checked out.

We shouldn't be satisfied. And it wasn't our generation that accepted the deal.

We're overworked because we're exploited. We're exploited because we don;t own shyt so we have to look for other people to give us work.

Stop arguing and listen for a moment. I'm not giving you any bad advise here.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I believe that it is needed. Just for the option of opening the doors for underpriviledged youth and women. Now lets be honest. When minority children don't go to college they are going to end up in jail or dead chasing the American Dream. The corporate world is hidden from them to the point that many just want a job instead of a career. You can mop the floors but don't think about becoming a manager. Its insane to even think about living in this country without a college education. That's just a foot in the door in this system. And women, after they receive those degrees and get a "good" job, are underpaid. Affirmative Action gives people the chance to enter these places that they normally would not be able to. Look at Clarence Thomas, Supreme Court Justice. He wouldn't be where he is without affirmative action. Even though he shyts on it on all the time. The program can work, we just need to tweek it. For instance, children of the inner city should be in programs that take them out of the cities. Put them on farms, work on the coast, just see another part of life. Just so they can see the world and learn their own worth in it.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
But since we are being honest. AA only have one true problem. We don't dictate our own image. What is your idea of an AA businessman/woman? What industry are they in? What is your image of a successful AA? Our image has been degraded so much that people think it is the norm for Black families to be ran by women who's husband/boyfriend is locked up. Its entertainment for the masses. Its Maury on a grand scale. It plants the idea that you are meant for tragedy. Your friends are supposed to be killed, you are supposed to fail school, get shot, or become a rapper, where they can BUY you, like a slave. This is the matrix we live in. Affrimative Action will open the door but for the rest of your life you are going to have prove to the world that you are not what they are showing on the television, newspaper, worldstar. Be Greater- Thats my motto. Show no fear and go where you are not expected to be.

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
@BarNone :comeon:

You're bringing up this super old shyt and I can't remember any of your old posts :comeon:

Didn't you deny that AA is actually effective? What the fukk? :wtf:

I don't care if black LSAT takers do poorly, that sucks for them
The fact is that black law school applicants do get a bump for being black or hispanic - IIRC you for some retarded reason deny this

Let me guess, you're a black prep school kid -> 1300 SAT -> Bowdoin -> 3.9 in a something "studies" major and 164 LSAT -> median or below at CCN

:stopitslime:

Also lol at you brushing off those HLS figures because there's no official data :childplease: you should know this better than anyone if you're a law student

That alone proves you're not here to argue about facts :ufdup::usure:

Last edited by a moderator:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I think it was necessary, but will probably be rescinded within my lifetime..... or at least there will be some major discussions in the near future.

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
BarNone's LSAT score making his soul burn slow :sadcam:

Alright I'm out this thread brehs :salute:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no white person is ever going to set up AA "properly"

AA is a program invented by white people to give black people some crumbs, it has accomplished that, we have received the crumbs

im just saying its time to move on and that we need to develop new ideas, not push ideas that were invented 40 years ago by white people
the ideas we came up with were 40 acres and a mule. but we aint getting that are we.
we can come up with all the ideas in the world. unless we're in positions of power AINT nothing going to change. so this entire thread is moot if thats the stance you're taking.

White people did this to us, and white people have the power to stop it and undo what they have done. we can't UN DO something when we are still living under the power of the oppressor, so to speak. sure we can go off on our own and go 210% and make something of ourselves. that still wont deal with the unfairness issue that we speak of today.

and realistically speaking AVERAGE people dont have 210% to give. they just dont. and they shouldnt have to.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We shouldn't be satisfied. And it wasn't our generation that accepted the deal.

We're overworked because we're exploited. We're exploited because we don;t own shyt so we have to look for other people to give us work.

Stop arguing and listen for a moment. I'm not giving you any bad advise here.

explain to me how we are going to OWN...ishh?

you do realize we dont have the capital, and to get it you need investors/loans. we dont have enough banks willing to loan us that kind of money to get it cracking like its the black wallstreet all over again. if we did we would've already done it.

there's a reason other nationalities can come here and ball out after some hard work early on. thats the american dream that most of us dont live in. even though we are more americans then a lot of these foreigners coming thru.

they come thru and they can get those business loans, some of those foreigners have things setup thru our government(back door deals made between the US and other countries). you dont do anything on your own. EVERYONE needs HELP. so dont expect us to ball out without the same help. unless you know where the LOAN money is for said businesses. we are going to have to wait on the oppressor to stop oppressing in order to get a fair shake. i didnt say in order to improve(we can do that on our own to a degree.) but to get a FAIR shake. we need one or the other.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I believe that it is needed. Just for the option of opening the doors for underpriviledged youth and women. Now lets be honest. When minority children don't go to college they are going to end up in jail or dead chasing the American Dream. The corporate world is hidden from them to the point that many just want a job instead of a career. You can mop the floors but don't think about becoming a manager. Its insane to even think about living in this country without a college education. That's just a foot in the door in this system. And women, after they receive those degrees and get a "good" job, are underpaid. Affirmative Action gives people the chance to enter these places that they normally would not be able to. Look at Clarence Thomas, Supreme Court Justice. He wouldn't be where he is without affirmative action. Even though he shyts on it on all the time. The program can work, we just need to tweek it. For instance, children of the inner city should be in programs that take them out of the cities. Put them on farms, work on the coast, just see another part of life. Just so they can see the world and learn their own worth in it.

if anything clarence thomas is an example of the negative side of AA where people are put in positions they are not qualified for

but anyways your ideas for solutions are good but having inner city programs has nothing to do with AA, thats the point im getting at, black people do not need AA to succeed, black people need to break down the inner city education system and rebuild it using charter schools and private schools that use vouchers

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
explain to me how we are going to OWN...ishh?

you do realize we dont have the capital, and to get it you need investors/loans. we dont have enough banks willing to loan us that kind of money to get it cracking like its the black wallstreet all over again. if we did we would've already done it.

there's a reason other nationalities can come here and ball out after some hard work early on. thats the american dream that most of us dont live in. even though we are more americans then a lot of these foreigners coming thru.

they come thru and they can get those business loans, some of those foreigners have things setup thru our government(back door deals made between the US and other countries). you dont do anything on your own. EVERYONE needs HELP. so dont expect us to ball out without the same help. unless you know where the LOAN money is for said businesses. we are going to have to wait on the oppressor to stop oppressing in order to get a fair shake. i didnt say in order to improve(we can do that on our own to a degree.) but to get a FAIR shake. we need one or the other.

:mindblown: :shaq2: :snoop:

We used to own plenty. That's a fact. And that made the money circulate in our own community. Another fact. I'm done talking to you though because there's a lot of prerequisites that you just simply lack.

"Explain how we're going to own ish"? :what:

You're right. With the level of understanding you're showing it does seem pretty hopeless. :shaq2:

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Shoot after 500 years of slavery.Another 100 years of discrimination and to have a law that helps us in the workforce...I dont see the problem.Its just up to US and US ONLY if we want to enter into the workforce and be a token or an actual boss.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
the ideas we came up with were 40 acres and a mule. but we aint getting that are we.
we can come up with all the ideas in the world. unless we're in positions of power AINT nothing going to change. so this entire thread is moot if thats the stance you're taking.

White people did this to us, and white people have the power to stop it and undo what they have done. we can't UN DO something when we are still living under the power of the oppressor, so to speak. sure we can go off on our own and go 210% and make something of ourselves. that still wont deal with the unfairness issue that we speak of today.

and realistically speaking AVERAGE people dont have 210% to give. they just dont. and they shouldnt have to.

if you believe only white people can help you i dont really have anything to say to you

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
why do people even talk about this? black unemployment is through the roof. AA is like sasquatch and UFOs to black people. white women are all over the place right now :eat: but everybody wants to keep talking about black people and AA.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
why do people even talk about this? black unemployment is through the roof. AA is like sasquatch and UFOs to black people. white women are all over the place right now :eat: but everybody wants to keep talking about black people and AA.

Sadly that's how most conversations go in this country. ":bryan:How can we blame it on black people"