Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
This game is half off on PSN Online Store. Just bought it

and yes, the Persona 2 - 5 OST's are on Spotify. It's pretty nice. Added Whims of Fate to my personal Funk playlist

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This game is half off on PSN Online Store. Just bought it

and yes, the Persona 2 - 5 OST's are on Spotify. It's pretty nice. Added Whims of Fate to my personal Funk playlist

Focus on the Sun, Councilor, Justice, Faith, and Temperance confidants ASAP. All the others take at your own pace.

Daps
I am planning on starting the vanilla version of this game from the PS plus collection since it’s free, But i ultimately want to complete the royal version if I end up liking how the game starts out. How much time is enough to get a good sense of the vanilla version to see whether or not I will actually enjoy it and if it’s worth it to purchase P5 royal?

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I am planning on starting the vanilla version of this game from the PS plus collection since it’s free, But i ultimately want to complete the royal version if I end up liking how the game starts out. How much time is enough to get a good sense of the vanilla version to see whether or not I will actually enjoy it and if it’s worth it to purchase P5 royal?
for me the vanilla was dope at the fist palace. Gameplay, and story were both attention-grabbing. P5 vanilla is a must-play for playstation owners so i might be biased

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Persona 5 ending and credit song > Persona 5 Royal ending and credit song. Of all the things they kept the same they should have kept both of those mostly or fully entact.

Actually the "fake" ending of Royal where you take the deal offered by the antagonist is a better ending than the true ending.

I actually agree. I enjoyed the extra story content A LOT but the actual ending? Naw The original ending was better

The worst part about it is that i romanced Kasumi and it wasn’t even acknowledged in the ending just like a little bump. The original ending was a lot more enjoyable with everyone being together.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

At least the first palace which is long as hell because theres so much story tied up into it. But if you like turn based rpgs at all it really doesn’t get better than Persona 5.

It’s god tier JRPG and there’s not many of them these days.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Focus on the Sun, Councilor, Justice, Faith, and Temperance confidants ASAP. All the others take at your own pace.
Star confidant is one of the most critical. It's the one that allows you to change party members in battle on Joker's turn and when you max it out you can change party members on any turn. Next I'd say temperance and fortune because they let you maximize your time. Fortune lets you rank up the next time you see a confident for $5000 a pop and temperance when maxed out lets you go out at night after you go to a palace or mementos.

Hermit is important because when maxed it will nullify an attack that is guaranteed to kill a party member for the whole party as well as random HP, SP, and stat boost in battle. In the same respect Lovers is important if you use Ann because it will remove enemy turns all the time with sexy technique.
Hierophant gets you SP restoring items as does Empress. Priestess is important because it lets you see when your attacks will fail (null, reflect, or drain).

Sun(charm), tower(kindness), star(intelligence), hanged(proficiency), hierophant(kindness), death(guts), devil(charm) all raise social stats on their paths.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Star confidant is one of the most critical. It's the one that allows you to change party members in battle on Joker's turn and when you max it out you can change party members on any turn. Next I'd say temperance and fortune because they let you maximize your time. Fortune lets you rank up the next time you see a confident for $5000 a pop and temperance when maxed out lets you go out at night after you go to a palace or mementos.

Hermit is important because when maxed it will nullify an attack that is guaranteed to kill a party member for the whole party as well as random HP, SP, and stat boost in battle. In the same respect Lovers is important if you use Ann because it will remove enemy turns all the time with sexy technique.
Hierophant gets you SP restoring items as does Empress. Priestess is important because it lets you see when your attacks will fail (null, reflect, or drain).

Sun(charm), tower(kindness), star(intelligence), hanged(proficiency), hierophant(kindness), death(guts), devil(charm) all raise social stats on their paths.

The ones I posted have a time limit on how long you can rank them up. Also to access the third semester Councilor, Justice, and Faith all have to be as far as you can get them before a certain date.

Daps
At least the first palace which is long as hell because theres so much story tied up into it. But if you like turn based rpgs at all it really doesn’t get better than Persona 5.

It’s god tier JRPG and there’s not many of them these days.
Cool. So I’ll sink a few hours in and if it gets to where I’m really enjoying it I’ll just stop and get royal. I hear the game is really long, and since it’s not possible to transfer saves between versions I don’t want to complete too many things that I’ll have to do over again later.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Cool. So I’ll sink a few hours in and if it gets to where I’m really enjoying it I’ll just stop and get royal. I hear the game is really long, and since it’s not possible to transfer saves between versions I don’t want to complete too many things that I’ll have to do over again later.
I would just buy Royal for the $30 and play that from the start. It's easily worth $30 and the improvements to the game make it so much better I could never recommend anybody play the original even for free over it.

Daps
I would just buy Royal for the $30 and play that from the start. It's easily worth $30 and the improvements to the game make it so much better I could never recommend anybody play the original even for free over it.
Yeah I kinda wish I had just gotten it when Best Buy was selling it for $20 a while back. I think seeing people on here say they spent more than 100 hours on it scared me off just because I don’t have that kind of time anymore to play and I was afraid I might not end up finishing it.

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
Didn’t even realize there were vanilla and royal editions. :dwillhuh: Now I feel like a dumbass thinking I came up downloading the free vanilla version:martin: I only played like an hour tho so I’m not too deep into it

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Persona 5 royal is a game i wish i could wipe my memory of and play again.

I’m not sure if dragon quest is holding my interest in the same way to put in over 100 hours