Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Goro
. He's almost gleeful in how he likes to talk about killing things. His team up attack is him going berserk with crazy laughing. It's a continuation of the last time he was seen. He's become unhinged. Even the way he talks now is unsettling like he's barely holding it together. It's really amplified by the fact that he's become the defacto navigator in the absence of our normal one.

The new content is weird so far. It's been completely on rails the first many days of it.
I loved it because it was
Akechi being his true self, you can tell Robbie Daymond had a lot fun in the new semester :russ:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I suspect that since
the Phantom Thieves are in an alternate reality the only reason Akechi is back is because of that fact. I think in the original ending the protagonist had to testify and he went away for a while then got released later. This content seems to take place in the time he went away.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I suspect that since
the Phantom Thieves are in an alternate reality the only reason Akechi is back is because of that fact. I think in the original ending the protagonist had to testify and he went away for a while then got released later. This content seems to take place in the time he went away.

naw, in the original he died in the metaverse. His last appearance is when he trapped behind the wall with his other self. Only in royal does he come back to testify and subsequently join the team again

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is officially the longest game I've ever played. Trails of Cold Steel 4 was at 122 hours but this is now at 127 and I'm halfway through the final palace with 15 in game days left.

Game has reached Bad Boys II mission to rescue Syd in Cuba status. After the vanilla endgame content this feels a little awkward. The new content never really felt like it fit into the main game anyway and this just feels duct taped to the end of the game.

There's some great ideas in it. I wish they would have found a way to integrate it into the game better or just used it as a base and developed a full blown sequel with it.

The changes to the original game made that much better and more manageable. A game I wasn't sure I ever wanted to play again became a pretty enjoyable 2nd run. They did however make a game that was already too long even longer.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
This is officially the longest game I've ever played. Trails of Cold Steel 4 was at 122 hours but this is now at 127 and I'm halfway through the final palace with 15 in game days left.

Game has reached Bad Boys II mission to rescue Syd in Cuba status. After the vanilla endgame content this feels a little awkward. The new content never really felt like it fit into the main game anyway and this just feels duct taped to the end of the game.

There's some great ideas in it. I wish they would have found a way to integrate it into the game better or just used it as a base and developed a full blown sequel with it.

The changes to the original game made that much better and more manageable. A game I wasn't sure I ever wanted to play again became a pretty enjoyable 2nd run. They did however make a game that was already too long even longer.

Damn you beat trails in 122? I did it in 80 lol did i do it wrong? Got the real ending and everything

GhostMan

All Star
Daps
I'm not into turn based style games, more like action rpgs. Should I give this game a try?

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I beat persona 5 when it first came out. Never played it again is this game worth playing the whole thing again?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I beat the final boss and the stuff after it was so long I had to take a break. I didn't really care for the path they took in the climax of that boss either. I guess it matches the theme of the path the original took not being drastically changed by this new version.

There are a few scenes where the phantom thieves talk about what direction they're going and everyone is moving on. You get a white day date also but the third semester was effectively rendered all a dream and it jumps back to the original game time line with the new girl occasionally popping up. Never really been a fan of that it was all a dream and didn't really happen trope. The final boss sequence was really cool and I liked the music too.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I beat persona 5 when it first came out. Never played it again is this game worth playing the whole thing again?
This game is only worth playing for the quality of life improvements they made to Persona 5 if you're wanting to replay through Persona 5. It isn't worth playing just to experience the new story content.

The new story content was all made in such a way that it doesn't change the original game in any meaningful way. The story of Royal is 90% the same as the original. The remaining 10% is a few cutscenes sprinkled in the original game and an additional palace after the original game's content. The new character is only really playable in that palace. It's a little over a month of in-game time and 6 of those days are to max your party personas to the second evolution as well as 5 days to max the new character out. You need 3 days to do the new palace minimum. I think you get 24-25 days but 14 are needed for all that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Damn you beat trails in 122? I did it in 80 lol did i do it wrong? Got the real ending and everything
I did almost all the side missions in Trails. I was like 11 points away from the max AP you could get in the game. I didn't use a guide so I missed a few things. I would imagine if you just stuck to mostly the main story you could beat it much quicker.

In Persona 5 Royal I maxed out all the confidants except I only got to level 6 of the gamer at the arcade I have an 83% compendium count. The only achievements I don't have are the reaper and oddly enough winning the lotto which I never played and the one for watching the ending because I'm at the part where the confidants give you gifts for new game+ so the credits haven't rolled yet. Oddly enough Persona 5 Royal is a pretty easy platinum to get. They don't really make you do anything extra hard to get it.

MacNCheese

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Would you guys recommend me copping Persona 4 Golden off Steam? P5 is the first/only SMT I ever played, but I liked it enough to play through the platinum trophies of the vanilla and royal versions. Mostly wondering if the gameplay will be too much of a step back to be enjoyable.