Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Would you guys recommend me copping Persona 4 Golden off Steam? P5 is the first/only SMT I ever played, but I liked it enough to play through the platinum trophies of the vanilla and royal versions. Mostly wondering if the gameplay will be too much of a step back to be enjoyable.
If you like Persona 5 I don't see how you wouldn't like 4. 4 is much more personal with the dungeons. It's like Futaba's palace in that the dungeons are mostly about your party members directly and the shadows you face are their shadows. Keep in mind Persona 4 is a PS2 game while 5 is really a PS3 game.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Would you guys recommend me copping Persona 4 Golden off Steam? P5 is the first/only SMT I ever played, but I liked it enough to play through the platinum trophies of the vanilla and royal versions. Mostly wondering if the gameplay will be too much of a step back to be enjoyable.

You'll like it, most likely. Only thing is, you'll notice the lack of QoL improvements, obviously.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

I'd say the cast feels younger than this one in 5 but they all shine nonetheless. Playing Persona 4 for the music alone is worth the investment.

When you get to play P3 Fes

:banderas:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'd say the cast feels younger than this one in 5 but they all shine nonetheless. Playing Persona 4 for the music alone is worth the investment.

When you get to play P3 Fes

:banderas:
Persona 3 has the best final boss fight in the series to me but Royal's true ending boss comes damn close. Persona 3's final boss gave us words to live by.
The silent voice within one's hear whispers the most profound wisdom.
Attaining one's dream requires a stern will and unfailing determination.
Only Courage in face doubt can lead one to the answer.
To find the one true path one must seek guidance amidst uncertainty.

Also it has the best music of any endgame boss.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Persona 5 ending and credit song > Persona 5 Royal ending and credit song. Of all the things they kept the same they should have kept both of those mostly or fully entact.

Actually the "fake" ending of Royal where you take the deal offered by the antagonist is a better ending than the true ending.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I have P5 and never played it, should I start with this or get Royal?

what’s the difference?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
About 20-30 more hours of gameplay, a lot of QOL improvements, and three new confidants.
The Palace and antagonist that's Royal exclusive is better than the ones in the normal game. Especially the way they present all the backstory and the conflict itself throughout the palace. The final boss battle of it was also more enjoyable too.

None of that changes how disconnected it feels from the regular game. It literally feels like content they added after the fact rather than part of the original game but that could be because I played P5 so I can see the seams.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I started 5 :yeshrug: any tips for beginners?