Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
She has an axe and a grenade launcher. :hubie:
Yeah but hearing the shadows beg for their lives gives her a shiver of excitement. Haru is the final marriage of any man who weds her one way or the other.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I'm on the 3rd semester and feel a little bit burnt out with this but going to just finish it off.

Loved the game for the most part but hated the shidou battle final boss was dope though

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Just finished this game clocking in at 147 hours. Good game overall but got damn it over stays it's welcome.

These games really do not have to be this long.

I hope they take the series in another direction because the current formula had lost a bit of it's charm but that could be my fatigue with P5R talking.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just finished this game clocking in at 147 hours. Good game overall but got damn it over stays it's welcome.

These games really do not have to be this long.

I hope they take the series in another direction because the current formula had lost a bit of it's charm but that could be my fatigue with P5R talking.

I mean that is the charm of the Persona games. Instead of side quests, they give you social links which do feel more obligated than typical side quests. There are no games that are like this series. I'd recommend the SMT games since they are typically a lot shorter than Persona games if you haven't played those yet.

I personally didn't feel burned out after 130 hrs, but then again I have been playing JRPG's and the Witcher 3 since last May. One criticism I have regards to pacing.
After beating Shido to the final portion of the base game with the mementos boss was bad. Shido had everything to be the final boss of this game. And honestly, Maruki felt like a great final boss in Royal and much better than beating a god. Which is way overdone in JRPG's.

The game is still great. P5, Ys VIII, and DQ 11 IMO are the definitive JRPG's of last-gen. But I see people calling this game perfect, which I find a little silly.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Coming to gamepass apparently.
giphy.gif