“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bambatta went on a world tour damn near spreading a false narrative about Hip-Hop's origins in the late 70s early 80s

Bambatta lied so much at one point he damn near wrote even kool herc outta history let alone cats like disco king mario and grandmaster flowers

KRS is under that umbrella zulu nation, temp of hip-hop its all bullshyt

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
how many times does @IllmaticDelta have to provide reciepts

Nobody in here has any actual proof, just feelings. We've already gone through this on this very site:snoop:
Done it several times over the years and it always shuts down the discussion. They have no rebuttal to it and instead of just changing their views on the matter with the new information, they just ignore it and keep pushing lies.

Typical hardheaded folks on the Internet...

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Bambatta went on a world tour damn near spreading a false narrative about Hip-Hop's origins in the late 70s early 80s

Bambatta lied so much at one point he damn near wrote even kool herc outta history let alone cats like disco king mario and grandmaster flowers

KRS is under that umbrella zulu nation, temp of hip-hop its all bullshyt

Cholly Rock who was in Tariqs documentary claims DJ Grandmaster Flowers was not a Hip Hop DJ during it's origin but more a Disco DJ who later jumped on the wagon once Hip Hop became more popular. Cholly does acknowledge Mario as one who was Hip Hop at the beginning. Cholly Rock was very adament about seperating who was there at first and who wasn't because he claims a lot of the disco DJs hated Hip Hop at first.

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cholly Rock who was in Tariqs documentary claims DJ Grandmaster Flowers was not a Hip Hop DJ during it's origin but more a Disco DJ who later jumped on the wagon once Hip Hop became more popular. Cholly does acknowledge Mario as one who was Hip Hop at the beginning.

Flowers was pre-hip-hop but he inspired a lot of his generation when he went from doing parties in the hood to being on tour with James Brown they said Flowers was what made a lot of the future Hip-Hop DJs take it seriously

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Nope. He wasn't there and he's not even from NYC

KRS literally said in the song "South Bronx"

As odd as it looked, as wild as it seems
I didn't hear a peep from a place called Queens
It was '76 to 1980

KRS gave a testimony on what he saw with his own eyes from 1976 thru 1980 in a classic song yet dude really thinks he has a say so over someone who was actually there when he wasn't. The delusion with these posters is mind blowing.

KRS wasn't there!!! His DOB disqualifies him

August 20, 1965 (age 58 years)

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
No.

You said the diaspora war started with Busta saying this and Fat Joe saying that when that is wrong because Tariq was saying numerous things on urban social media outside of Fat Joe and Busta like how most non FBAs are NYC drill rappers which is a lie and implying that all the negative rappers are non FBA which is complete bullshyt.

and there;s much more...

All you did when u said that it started with Fat Joe and Busta is that you haven;t been listening to anything Tariq has been saying since 2021. You are obviously unfamiliar and uninformed because you are arguing with me about it.

imma old head so I’ll say - first and foremost admit that I know little about drill music specifically NYC drill music even though I was born and raised here all my life

With that said, I do remember around the pandemic that there was a series done on YouTube where they broke down a number of the latest NYC drill rappers, and as they did this series, they focus on where they lineage/roots & surprisingly many were from Central America & the Caribbean

so I asked you once again how does Tariq get blame for bringing a diaspora war to hip-hop based off these new NYC drill rappers

and to close out on this particular post, I only use Fat Joe and Busta Rhymes because this NYC drill or drill in general in most people & my humble opinion isn’t hip-hop

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Nope. He wasn't there and he's not even from NYC

KRS literally said in the song "South Bronx"

As odd as it looked, as wild as it seems
I didn't hear a peep from a place called Queens
It was '76 to 1980

KRS gave a testimony on what he saw with his own eyes from 1976 thru 1980 in a classic song yet dude really thinks he has a say so over someone who was actually there when he wasn't. The delusion with these posters is mind blowing.
What about Coke La Rock, He said it was created by foundational black Americans.

KRS 1 story vs La Rock story, who you believing?

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Exactly, can’t name one because Prince Markie Dee was considered the first one.

Puerto Rican may have done some break dances or graffiti but they weren’t instrumental in the meat of Hip Hop. The part that catapulted hip hop.
you crazy, breakdancing and graffiti were/are the meat of hip-hop...

rap just got the spotlight because it became the easiest element to monetize....

put me in a room full of random bboys or writers and I can have some serious discussions about passion, art, heritage and history of hiphop...

put me in a room full of rappers....shyt, i wouldn't even want to be in a room full of rappers....

:francis:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
KRS wasn't there!!! His DOB disqualifies him

August 20, 1965 (age 58 years)

You trying to be slick doing the "Oh but I'm talking about 1973" nonsense when KRS according to the date u presented was 11 in 1976. fukk all that 1973 shyt we talking about what KRS saw with his own eyes in 1976 at 11 years old. The testimony he saw in 1976 is what he witnessed and it's a more credible account than u because you weren't there in 1976.

I'm going to take the word of someone who was actually there over you because u weren't there nor do u live in NYC.

Last edited:

vino

Superstar
Daps
you crazy, breakdancing and graffiti were/are the meat of hip-hop...

rap just got the spotlight because it became the easiest element to monetize....

put me in a room full of random bboys or writers and I can have some serious discussions about passion, art, heritage and history of hiphop...

put me in a room full of rappers....shyt, i wouldn't even want to be in a room full of rappers....

:francis:

Shiiit,
Hip hop would be dead, by the end of the 80’s, without MC’ing