“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
:mjlol: Yall in here lying like a mf'er. I was born in 81. nikkas wasn't 100% cool like that until you had the generation that was in and out of group homes, late 80's- early 90's. Before that, you had scragglers, random pr's who, usu for class or colorism reasons, found themselves thrown in with the nikkas. That was not 'mainstream Nuyorican' identity at the time. For the most part, pr adults was still listening to their shyt: Tito Puentes, Celia Cruz, etc.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
What I'm seeing in here is that folks believe that the only way one can say non blacks participated in an artform is by having an outright disavowal of anti-blackness from their ranks.

Not a single artform in the world can erase that. :mjlol:

Gator48

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't think this was debatable, you can't just make shyt up. They were there no matter how you feel about them now

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
You are changing my point. Who the fukk said there was wholehearted kumbya between Blacks and Ricans when I stated the Ricans still had their age old issues with anti-blackness that hip hop couldn't solve? :dahell:

But to outright say their wasn't an embrace after the gang truces in the early 70s would be an outside lie. That's evidenced in the cultural outgrowth by the ease between each group compared to years prior. I LAID that out but yall want to wrap shyt up into these simpleton statements I never made.
Maybe I could've worded it better. You're implying in your posts Black Americans & PR's fuked with each other more than we really did before that truce. Am I off? There's plenty of evidence that we didn't & those PR's back then were racist.

Everything else I agree with you on & have said

NYC Rebel

Daps
You’ve created about 4 or 5 different arguments to deflect from the fact that Ricans were not 50/50 with Foundational Black Americans. No one is denying their participation or influence after Hip Hop was created, friend.
Deflect? When did I make an argument that they created it that I need to deflect anything?

My LORD! You niqqas create shyt to argue. All throughout here I said "embrace Black...." and you decided to turn it into some 50/50 creation argument. :mindblown:

The dynamic in this city back then was that it took a collective of Black and Latinos to push cultural movements here.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Maybe I could've worded it better. You're implying in your posts Black Americans & PR's fuked with each other more than we really did before that truce.
I said they fukked with each other moreso AFTER that truce. They really did. It's funny how dude in here posted Felipe who as a Black rican really pushed for it working with the Panthers. shyt changed. ESPECIALLY after the murder of Black Benjie.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Lets be real here concerning this topic. It's really been a "Lets pick and chose who we want to listen to concerning the origins of Hip Hop."

Notice how you just mentioned Sha Rock. But Sha Rock was 11 years old in 1973. But when I pointed out that its not too far fetched that KRS at 11 years old witnessed what he saw in 1976 at 11 years old on the song South Bronx, a bunch of posters jumped down my throat. Ha Ha Hee Hee KRS wasn't outside at 11 years old he was watching cartoons and eating Cheerios....But here you are mentioning Sha Rock. Someone else mentioned Sha Rock...But she was 11 years old in 1973 and now all of a sudden when her name is mentioned an 11 year old has a say so but KRS doesn't. This 11 year old over here has a good testimony but this 11 year old doesn't. That's picking and choosing
The purpose of sha rock and debbie dee portions were to highlight FOUNDING FEMALE mcs. At which point you have to move up the timeline to accommodate that. They were teenagers at that time not 12

Nikka you were saying krs was there in the earlier 70s and could be counted as an authority at 12. Major difference

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
:snoop: now your trolling

and whether or not you meant the 2020s it’s still irrelevant because Fat Joe made those comments about Puerto Ricans being co-creators from the very beginning of hip-hop way before he was given the opportunity to host BET’s hip-hop awards which for the last and final time makes Tariq have every right to criticize that decision

At the end of the day, you can’t get yourself outta this
you are 100% wrong
you should just be man enough and take your L with dignity

:duck:

Tariq didn't say what u just said was his issue with Joe hosting the BET awards. You're just making up stuff at this point. (Fat Joe was also the producer of both Hip Hop BET shows by the way...That's where your lie destroyed you....U not knowing that confirms you are just making it up as u go) Tariqs gripe was something totally different from what u just said and I'm not going to even elaborate what he actually said nor post the actual Youtube video because it's obvious that 1) You don't know what Youtube video I'm even talking about and 2) even if I did post the video you'd just make up something else to negate me like u just did now so I'd be playing myself and wasting my time.

Don't quote me anymore. Don't alert me. I promise this time to never respond to you again in this thread. If I see an alert from you I will never read it or acknowledge it.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Deflect? When did I make an argument that they created it that I need to deflect anything?

My LORD! You niqqas create shyt to argue. All throughout here I said "embrace Black...." and you decided to turn it into some 50/50 creation argument. :mindblown:

The dynamic in this city back then was that it took a collective of Black and Latinos to push cultural movements here.
Now you’re projecting. You came in late just to argue for the sake of arguing. Heat exhaustion will do that to you. :whew:

My kind and inviting offer to join our air conditioned fan section still stands, friend.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
:mjlol: Yall in here lying like a mf'er. I was born in 81. nikkas wasn't 100% cool like that until you had the generation that was in and out of group homes, late 80's- early 90's. Before that, you had scragglers, random pr's who, usu for class or colorism reasons, found themselves thrown in with the nikkas. That was not 'mainstream Nuyorican' identity at the time. For the most part, pr adults was still listening to their shyt: Tito Puentes, Celia Cruz, etc.
I was waiting for someone in my age group from NY to chime in lol. Some of these dudes have to be young with their views. These same kids parents did not want their kids fuking with us like that back then. This isn't some anomaly for any us old enough to remember

NYC Rebel

Daps
Now you’re projecting. You came in late just to argue for sake of arguing. Heat exhaustion will do that to you. :whew:

My offer to join our air conditioned fan section still stands, friend.
Now you're just name calling. I don't give two shyts about anything you have to say because all you're posting now is "this guy is this" bullshyt and aint contributing shyt.

:camby:

NYC Rebel

Daps
I'm way older than you. The fukk are you talking about? I was a young kid in the Roxy when you were one.

After Benjie's murder, shyt changed in the south bronx. And it wasn't the older heads, it was young people who spurred that movement.

shyt changed.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I'm way older than you.
And your point is what exactly?

Let me ask you, and I mean no offense: do you think you had the same NYC experience as a fully ADOS Ny'er?

I ask because bubbles are real. My much older brother, though ADOS, operated in a very immigrant- rich, multi-cultural bubble. I did not. We had very different experiences. (ie, when he was breaking, it was with solely ADOS. When he was doing other artistic shyt, it was with others.) The bubble you create for yourself will necessarily influence your understanding of certain events.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Now you're just name calling. I don't give two shyts about anything you have to say because all you're posting now is "this guy is this" bullshyt and aint contributing shyt.

:camby:
Says the guy calling coli friends “buffoons” in this very thread.:sas1:

Where did I call you out your name? If I did. I humbly and sincerely apologize, friend.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Says the guy calling coli friends “buffoons” in this very thread.:sas1:
After I make a point based on facts.
Again....all you have is name calling while producing zero.

The Rican/Black dynamic changed in this city after the murder of Black Benjie.