“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
:what:

he had no issues because Busta & Fat Joe never said stupid shyt like they did for a quarter of a century

and his doc hasnt been disputed by anyone who was actually there
because the people who were actually there.........................................................................were in the ACTUAL DOCUMENTARY

being lazer focused on Tariq got nikkas just saying anything

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hip Hop was created by old school R&B artists, specifically James Brown. James Brown even rapped on some of his old records. Hip Hop artists have never stopped sampling old school R&B, which shows where the music is from.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Of course shyt got worse. All the Vietnam vets came back in 72 which fueled the heroin trade.

You just said it changed for the better after the gang truce:wtf::childplease:

Had nothing to do with Black/PR pushback :childplease:

Stop cherry picking shyt about the city

Dude, are you NOT reading the first hand accounts from the people that LIVED IT, acknowledging there were RACIAL tensions between Blacks and Ricans? The facts are right in front of your face but you continue to ignore them!!! Mario Bauza (Afro Cuban) put Puerto Ricans on blast about the same issue, and that was in the 1930s!

Caz talking about it here on what was going down in the 1970s

OG who was around the early black Bboys like Trixe and Sasa details the black and rican dynamic of that time

Latin DJ, Disco Wiz talks about the the tension between blacks and ricans and why it was difficult for him

Van Silk (early hiphop promoter) talks about the Rican and Black dynamic started changing for the better around 1977

Trac2, Rican bboy from 1977 talks about how blacks and ricans didn't associate it with each other like that

Rican OG (Savage Nomads) talks about the "Black and latin boundary" in the 1970s

Baambatta talks about how there was no unity between blacks and ricans outside having a common enemy via white people

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Remember when I said the ages of the gang members and the ages of the early HipHop guys, overlapped? There was also transfer from the gangs to when they became street (HipHop) crews

this also meant that they inherited/transferred over certain gang/race-based beefs, to street crews.

Most HipHop historians who mention the Black Spades never bring up why they were formed:lolbron:

OG wardlord Bam Bam of the Spades talks about it here (2:48). He said they used to call Ricans "Germans" lol

Our Community Elder Bam Bam is a great teacher and speaker with great knowledge from experience... Back before Hip Hop.. caucasian gangs/caucasian people dominated The Bronx streets and would frequently "jump" beat up brown skin youth as depicted in the movie "A Bronx Tale.".... Bam Bam teaches how in Junior High School 123 there was a Puerto Rican gang who was trying to make African American youth pay money just to walk up a certain staircase.

@TKALYPSOX

1 year ago
Mr. Wayne (or anyone with knowledge of that time period), Elder Bam Bam mentioned that black members of the community were being assaulted by the "Germans." He stated that was what they referred to them as, who is he referring to as the "Germans?"

@bxdale83

1 year ago
Puerto Ricans

@bxdale83

10 months ago
@IAMHIPHOP974 Germans was a slur specifically for Puerto Ricans

@bxdale83

9 months ago
I don't know why they continue to ignore that. As Bam Bam said in this video and according to the Spade founders David Brockington and Guru they mobilized after the beef they had with Puerto Ricans in JHS 123. Now not all Puerto Ricans and blacks had drama but often times it were the PR's that came straight from the island that were not used to black/Latino relationships and often stayed with their kind.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Rican BBoy Legend Trac2:

"the more they took it to the streets, the more nationalities got involved with it...it was no longer an Afro-American thing"

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
because the people who were actually there.........................................................................were in the ACTUAL DOCUMENTARY

being lazer focused on Tariq got nikkas just saying anything
nikka retarded as fukk. Tariq had the original graffiti dude on there, and this crackhead just goes full bird box at that. :russ:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Lets be real here concerning this topic. It's really been a "Lets pick and chose who we want to listen to concerning the origins of Hip Hop."

Notice how you just mentioned Sha Rock. But Sha Rock was 11 years old in 1973. But when I pointed out that its not too far fetched that KRS at 11 years old witnessed what he saw in 1976 at 11 years old on the song South Bronx, a bunch of posters jumped down my throat. Ha Ha Hee Hee KRS wasn't outside at 11 years old he was watching cartoons and eating Cheerios....But here you are mentioning Sha Rock. Someone else mentioned Sha Rock...But she was 11 years old in 1973 and now all of a sudden when her name is mentioned an 11 year old has a say so but KRS doesn't. This 11 year old over here has a good testimony but this 11 year old doesn't. That's picking and choosing

Lawrence Parker was born in the New York City borough of Brooklyn in 1965 to an American mother. His biological father, who was not involved in his upbringing, was from the Caribbean island of Barbados.[2] He had a troubled childhood, suffering severe beatings[3] from his American stepfather John Parker[4] when the family lived in Harlem, New York.[5] When his mother left the marriage both he and his younger brother Kenny moved with her to the Bronx,[6] before again moving a year later to Brooklyn.[7] Home life continued to be difficult, including further physical abuse at the hands of his mother's new Jamaican partner,[8] and he ran away from home several times.[9]

At age 16 he left home permanently, and spent a time living homeless in New York,[10] before eventually signing himself into a group home[11] in the Bronx.

Dumb ass:mjlol:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

Lawrence Parker was born in the New York City borough of Brooklyn in 1965 to an American mother. His biological father, who was not involved in his upbringing, was from the Caribbean island of Barbados.[2] He had a troubled childhood, suffering severe beatings[3] from his American stepfather John Parker[4] when the family lived in Harlem, New York.[5] When his mother left the marriage both he and his younger brother Kenny moved with her to the Bronx,[6] before again moving a year later to Brooklyn.[7] Home life continued to be difficult, including further physical abuse at the hands of his mother's new Jamaican partner,[8] and he ran away from home several times.[9]

At age 16 he left home permanently, and spent a time living homeless in New York,[10] before eventually signing himself into a group home[11] in the Bronx.

Dumb ass:mjlol:
:snoop:

Dumbass..

The lyrics to "South Bronx" go

It was 76 to 1980

Thats age 11 - 15...Not just 11 Dumbass.

And I already stated I myself was riding the train by myself at 11. You aren't from NYC...You don't know about how riding the train can take u from borough to borough. You're unfamiliar. And then you think you said something as if 14 year old and 15 year olds don't move around outside like that.

Stop alerting me back in this thread to tell me how unfamiliar you are with my city. I been off this thread.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:snoop:

Dumbass..

The lyrics go to "South Bronx" go

It was 76 to 1980

Thats age 11 - 15...Not just 11 Dumbass.

And I already stated I myself was riding the train by myself at 11. You aren't from NYC...You don't know about how riding the train can take u from borough to borough. You're unfamiliar.

Stop alerting me back in this thread to tell me how unfamiliar you are with my city. I been off thsi thread.
Show me ANY of the originals saying he was there, and why do they ALL disagree with him?:jbhmm:

"It was all nikkas"

-Melle Mel:umad::umad::umad::umad::umad:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

Its 1 am in the morning and instead of being in some p*ssy or attempting to holla at some p*ssy, you want to have a back and forth with a male. :dame:

Naa buddy.....we not doing that. I'm headed to bed and I'm gonna go lift my wifes leg up.......you can talk to the air. Peace.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Its 1 am in the morning and instead of being in some p*ssy or attempting to holla at some p*ssy, you want to have a back and forth with a male. :dame:

Naa buddy.....we not doing that. I'm headed to bed and I'm gonna go lift my wifes leg up.......you can talk to the air. Peace.
I'm hollering at a p*ssy right now:umad:

Enjoy that stinkbox:mjlol:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Ladies and Gentlemen....I'm off this thread. Do not alert me or quote me back in this thread because I will never return back to this thread nor will I read anything said if you do quote/alert me. Most of you never even saw Tariqs docu like I have so there is nothing to discuss further.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Krs is saying with no Ricans there'd be no Hiphop today.. :what:

That's what he's saying.