“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
After I make a point based on facts.
Again....all you have is name calling while producing zero.

The Rican/Black dynamic changed in this city after the murder of Black Benjie.

I think you have me confused with another coli friend.

If you still think it’s me. Could you kindly point out where I called you out your name? Thanks, friend.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I think you have me confused with another coli friend.

If you still think it’s me. Could you kindly point out where I called you out your name? Thanks, friend.
My bad bro.

Either way, like you see in the video, that is the only example I've ever seen in this country's history of a Black and Brown movement actually doing something. Nothing is absolute, but Benjie's murder changed shyt between Blacks and Ricans in the South Bronx. It's the only time I saw folks say "these cacs got us squabbling over bs" after Fred Hampton's murder

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
My bad bro.

Either way, like you see in the video, that is the only example I've ever seen in this country's history of a Black and Brown movement actually doing something. Nothing is absolute, but Benjie's murder changed shyt between Blacks and Ricans in the South Bronx.

, friend.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
There's no large contingent of Ricans I've ever seen in this city say that they created hip hop.

THERE IS A LOUD MINORITY
OF RICANS AND CARIBBEANS
WHO HAVE PLATFORMS SPREADING
THAT MYTH.

WHEN PPL PLAY WITH YOUR HISTORY
YOU HAVE TO NIP IT IN THE BUD
BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

:devil:
:evil:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I know who these people are. My uncle worked with the late Pablo who was a big time Yoruba follower. What do you think you are showing other than Ricans having elements of colorism that you expected hip hop to erase? :mjlol:

I think you're missing the point of all that. What it clearly shows is that Ricans and Blacks weren't all that close and then it got worse as it took on a different dynamic with the gangs in the 1970s.

hm73jun.png

tFOozcB.png

The people that pioneered the early stages of HipHop and into the late 1970s era, were pretty much the same ages as those in the gangs, which is why there were no masses of Ricans in the early years

and why the two groups weren't that tight until ALL of the gang influence, ceased by like 1977/1978 and then Ricans came into the culture via bboying

xARIpqx.jpg

ohocZ7z.jpg

bBoeekF.jpg

9ZomoLU.jpg

Why not post Felipe talking about him being that bridge that got Ricans comfortable with shyt?

Because he failed at it on a street level

bE58Iu6.jpeg

Hip Hop, disco, salsa, was NOT going to erase their issues with blackness.

HipHop actually did though by early 1980s as Caz talks about here

Last edited:

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
There were plenty of black people who weren't open to the culture either. It was literally a counterculture.
nikka AND?

They spoke to that in the Microphone Check documentary, too. Disco DJs were turning B-Boys out of their parties and not playing the same type of records.
There wasn't any racial malice attached to their pushback, though.
So much for that gotcha. :russ:

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
People who grow up in the same neighborhood generally coexist.

I remember playing with carribean and Hispanic kids down here in Florida. When we played tag, football, basketball, etc., those kids were right there with us!

When we listened to music and had parties those kids were there with us. Hell we even had some wiggas in the mix.

It's true that sometimes our parents had...reservations about the other ethnicities. And every now and then some shyt may flare up for a few weeks. But we were peers.

And I know florida is not on the level of NY.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Of course some were....they hated that the new counterculture of Ricans embracing Black music was an issue. Who didn't know that? How does that change anything?

You'll be surprised about what many don't know...

mario2-426x420.jpg

kVOi0h9.jpg

After I make a point based on facts.
Again....all you have is name calling while producing zero.

The Rican/Black dynamic changed in this city after the murder of Black Benjie.

Right, it got worse! Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the Imperial Bachelors (he was at Hoe Ave meeting in 1971)

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Nah when become what he is. You can never take the focus away from his motives which in this case were his new embrace of xenophobia. He had no issues regarding this in the past and he didn't make this video for the truth simply if that was the case it wouldn't be in dispute with the people who were actually there.

:what:

he had no issues because Busta & Fat Joe never said stupid shyt like they did for a quarter of a century

and his doc hasnt been disputed by anyone who was actually there

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
You'll be surprised about what many don't know...

mario2-426x420.jpg

kVOi0h9.jpg

Right, it got worse! Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the Imperial Bachelors (he was at Hoe Ave meeting in 1971)

Of course shyt got worse. All the Vietnam vets came back in 72 which fueled the heroin trade. Had nothing to do with Black/PR pushback :childplease:

Stop cherry picking shyt about the city

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Same countries that helped create and build hip hop?

DJ Cool Herc - Jamaican
Grandmaster Flash -Barbados
LL Cool J - Barbados
Afrikka Bambatta - Jamaica
Crazy Legs of the Rock Steady Crew - Puerto Rico
Mr Magic - Trindidad
Doug E Fresh - Barbados
Slick Rick - Jamaica
Kurtis Blow - Haiti
etc.

But the Grandfather of Hip Hop is obviously James Brown.

far as i know

LL - ADOS/FBA
Kurtis Blow - ADOS/FBA
Mr Magic - P Rican

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
The more I learn about Hip Hop and all the elements let's me know that Hip Hop is no longer in it's prime. I saw Beat Street recently and it showed all of the elements. Nowadays the 5 elements of Hip Hop are mean mugging, gangs, guns, hoeing, and doing drugs. I guess that's what Nas meant when he said Hip Hop is dead.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
:duck:

Tariq didn't say what u just said was his issue with Joe hosting the BET awards. You're just making up stuff at this point. (Fat Joe was also the producer of both Hip Hop BET shows by the way...That's where your lie destroyed you....U not knowing that confirms you are just making it up as u go) Tariqs gripe was something totally different from what u just said and I'm not going to even elaborate what he actually said nor post the actual Youtube video because it's obvious that 1) You don't know what Youtube video I'm even talking about and 2) even if I did post the video you'd just make up something else to negate me like u just did now so I'd be playing myself and wasting my time.

Don't quote me anymore. Don't alert me. I promise this time to never respond to you again in this thread. If I see an alert from you I will never read it or acknowledge it.

:mjlol: why didn’t u take your L and K.I.M. …

Tariq was 100% in da right for criticizing BET for having a Puerto Rican rapper host their hip-hop award show , whom recently is trying to rewrite history by saying his lineage is 50/50 co-creators