“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
How is this different from Europeans and Asians claiming theyre responsibe for an over 25,000 year history in the hottest part of Africa along the Nile???

How is it Whites get offended when you mention how Black ex slaves ingenuity for invention is unparalleled even to this day??

Telling those same Whites that sqaure dancing is the only form of music we can truly atttribute to them isnt hate but fact.

Everything of significance from Black people the whole world utilizes today will somehow be accredited to someone pale..
Ricans are no different to Arabs and Whites in general, how??
I observed them well enough when I used to live in NY..they'll smile in your face and knife your back. I noticed they gravitated towards Black culture because it was dominant but not because they identified with Black people..

You'll also find that White will accredit a Black creation to Arabs and Hispanics, because once those guys have claimed it the cacs can then come and claim it from them. Cacs use subcacs as trojan horses to steal and pilfer Black property.

And can someone, an informed music historian point out where Black people ever needed anyones help in creating a brand new genre!!! Black people created all music artforms in the US with zero assistance, so why all of a sudden need Ricans to make music?????
Rock, Techno, House, Jazz, Blues, Bluegrass, Country, RnB and Soul were all created by Black people independently.

Good God yall niccas take this shyt WAY to seriously. We comparing acknowledging the contribution Latinos and Caribbeans made in Hip Hops origins to white supremacy?

If anyone is acting like cacs, it's you nikkas that so badly want to completely erase everyone but "black Americans" from Hip Hop and black history in general. Yall will claim no one made contributions to Hip Hop despite Black Americans, but then claim American influence on Reggae means the genre is your claim. c00n now. The agenda couldn't be more clear and ain't no one down with it except Tariq Nasheed children.

Absolutely no one, not even those who believe in Kool Herc, was ever going around claiming black Americans was given Hip Hop by Jamaicans who brought it over here. Nobody was excluding or mistaking black Americans large role in Hip Hop. Nothing yall spitting in here is even new. There were PLENTY of books and documentaries back in the day that talked about and cited Hip Hop pre-history in jazz and other genres. Particularly the disco and funk scene that Herc was surely listening to. No one was offended and trying to claim anything.

Black Americans alone made ALL music artforms in America? Puerto Ricans and others made no contributions? Do you realize that Salsa was created in the Bronx and Harlem around the same time as Hip Hop? Little or no black Americans present? But lemme guess "they was just copying ADOS/FBA music" just like Jamaicans, Nigerians, everyone else right?

Yall are miserable. Touch grass and enjoy your life my nicca.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
simply not true, that same Rican community less than 20 years earlier tried to smother out the Latin Boogaloo movement because it was too "black"

nnMVHZy.jpeg

2aAclyT.jpeg

Pay attention to the trickery of this post.
It starts with "while older generations of established latin musicians"

Using older musicians who viewed the new art as competition to represent Nuyoricans.
Using those living in Puerto Rico with limited knowledge of NY, to represent Nuyoricans.

STop trying to be slick @IllmaticDelta

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I didn't cherry pick anything. This whole "the mc was behind the Dj" narrative is accurate for the BRONX, not HARLEM, where the "Rapper" actually originated!
Those interviewed are cherry picked to suit an agenda.

So you're fukking telling me I can look at a Salsoul Rican/Black collab in 1974 NYC and suddenly think it didn't represent what it was in another music coming out of the same city with the same two players waving the flag of another art movement this city constantly carried?

REALLY my dude?

:camby:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Do you have air condition over in the Puerto Rican Fan Section? We do over here. You are more than welcome to join us, friend. :mjgrin:
I have blood who saw Ricans praise our God's. Ricans are literally a part of my people. The fukk are you talking about?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
You just made a simple mistake of saying 2020 instead of the rightful year 2022 - or u can completely dead it …. and that pretty much will tell me that you purposely lied and I caught you in your lie

:yeshrug:

Wrong

I'm only responding to correct you because you got it wrong. I didn't make a mistake, you did. I said 2020's as in the decade...Not 2020 the year. Read it again.

Tariq questioned why Joe ( a hip hop legend and member of DITC ) was hosting the Hip Hop BET awards in the 2020's.

I'm clearly referencing the decade not the year. Joe hosted it in 22 and 23. My wording signals that I'm referencing an event that happened more then once. Not once like u claimed.

The reason that you made the mistake is because, just like everyone else, you aren't listening or paying attention to anything I am saying. You are just waiting to say anything that negates my comment. Look at how the poster Kony dapped you even tho u are wrong. Had u actually been paying attention u wouldnt have made that blunder and thats why I dont want to have a discussion with you on this topic any further.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
That's why I hate the "Latino" umbrella. I give credit to New York Ricans and New York Ricans only for being open to early hip hop culture.
The Latino umbrella is based on where people are from. The Northeast and Florida are primarily Caribbean. People in LA, Texas, the South are exposed to Mexicans. The PR population in Chicago is more noteable than those other places but still a fraction of the Mexicans.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
But...that's literally what we're trying to do here by setting the (pun intended) record straight. 🥴

Black American - CREATORS
Not Black American - Participants/Contributors

The End. :yeshrug:
But then this whole argument becomes stupid as some of the most pioneering people in Hip Hop weren't Ados, its just splitting hairs at this stage. If Bambatta of Caribbean descent helped pushed the culture forward is it farfetched to think Non-Ados also could've helped in creating it considering they all live in the same space.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
They didn’t during its inception.

“Microphone Check” clearly doesn’t deny their legendary participation in Hip Hop culture, friend.
But you got nikkas in this thread doing that very thing. Again, there were a GANG of black people who didn't fukk with Hip-Hop in the beginning. That doesn't disqualify hip-hop from being a black art form. By yall logic, it should strictly be considered an NYC youth culture.

NYC Rebel

Daps

Using older musicians who viewed the new art as competition to represent Nuyoricans.
Using those living in Puerto Rico with limited knowledge of NY, to represent Nuyoricans.

New York Ricans were different and weren't as stoosh as the island ricans.

This city saw WAY too many examples of Ricans embracing Black music and culture but suddenly, "dAt dIDNt hAPpeN wiT hIpHoP"

This city was a straight up mash up of Black culture and Ricans attaching themselves to it

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Those interviewed are cherry picked to suit an agenda.

They're aren't cherry picked at all :mjlol:
So you're fukking telling me I can look at a Salsoul Rican/Black collab in 1974 NYC

SalSoul WAS NOT a Black + Rican collab. SalSoul the term was invented by Joe Battan who is Afram/Filipino, NOT HISPANIC!

and suddenly think it didn't represent what it was in another music coming out of the same city with the same two players waving the flag of another art movement this city constantly carried?

REALLY my dude?

Disco was 100% Afram music

....the GAY CLUB scene of Disco is where blacks, latins, whites and gays intermingled

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

watch the clip I posted; they're talking about NUYORICAN powers that be, being against the music