“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
bro you came into the thread with outdated 2005 takes that were already debunked................................. um in the thread you came into:why:
What was outdated that YOU debunk?

Yall dudes stay making statements without any backbone to it.

Flag waving the next niqqas bullshyt thinking it has more value because it has more co-signs behind the dumb shyt

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's always outta towners with their limited daily interaction with different cultures who do the most talking.

Like...WTF? Blacks and Ricans were making music and were the cultural drivers of art in this city beyond hip hop. But all of a sudden, it didn't happen when it came to hip hop when CLEARLY Ricans participated in many elements of the culture?

fukk outta here.
The receipts @IllmaticDelta has provided and the FBA creators/pioneers in “Microphone Check” did the talking, friend.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Telling me that NYC drill doesn't count as Hip Hop is not only an insult to my intelligence but it's a wack cop out to not acknowledge Tariq saying some bullshyt about non FBAs being the dominant drill rappers in NYC so this back and forth is over. I posted 2 examples with Tariq making a racial issue out of Joe hosting the BET awards being the most blatant and u played dumb as if I didnt prove my point. We aren't having a dialogue, u are just purposely negating whatever I say, even when I'm right so this convo is done.

Don't quote me anymore. Don't alert me anymore, I wont respond to u nor will I read whatever u type back. I'm done.

we can agree to disagree on whether NYC drill is hip-hop or not
Like I said before it’s a niche sub genre, which is completely irrelevant towards the culture
if u wanna make an analogy, the NFL would be hip-hop -to- 7 on 7 flag football would be NYC drill music

but that’s not here nor there let’s get into the meat and potatoes of why you decided to say this conversation back-and-forth between us is done for me not to quote / alert you anymore & you’re not going to read my post

That’s all cap
Because I caught you in a blatant lie ….. you’ve been saying over and over in this thread and the other thread about Tariq taking shots at Fat Joe for hosting the BET hip-hop awards in 2020 - and as I previously posted, I googled it and noticed something on Wikipedia … it didn’t have a host that year , so I went to the next year 2021 and again it didn’t have a host , then I went to 2022 and that’s when it said Fat Joe …. then I was curious and want to 2019 and it said hosted by Lil Duval …. so I was wondering why all of a sudden those 2 years 2020 and 2021 had no host
then i remember - the pandemic / lockdown which the whole planet was forbidden to make contact with each other …

so I briefly thought about it and said to myself, you’re 2 years apart, and I remember Fat Joe as other rappers and people in the industry figuring away to be relevant and keep their name alive while we was all locked in and many chose to go to YouTube and broadcast from their own home which did and when he did that, that’s when his so-called Puerto Rican creation in hip-hop started to takeoff and I specifically remember because other hip-hop urban YouTuberera like Hassan Campbell, M Reck TV, doggy diamonds, etc., etc. attacked Fat Joe and others for trying to invade their space
with all that said that, proved Tariq had every right to criticize BET for allowing Fat Joe to host in 2022 because he basically started 2 years previously his bullshyt PR creation into the origins of the culture

so again you specifically lied
but I will give you the benefit of a doubt , if you want to say that you miss spoke or had your timeline wrong - because we all make mistakes
and I myself made about you in the other thread …I thought you was one of @BillyOceans alias / alternative and then saw that you posted receipts where he threatens you
because he’s a fukking retard lunatic then I replied to you saying my bad … so if you want to continue this dialogue it’s all good.
You just made a simple mistake of saying 2020 instead of the rightful year 2022 - or u can completely dead it …. and that pretty much will tell me that you purposely lied and I caught you in your lie

:yeshrug:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Why are you conflating “helped create/50/50 with contributed/participated, friend?
Cause a lot of people are running in the other direction with this argument and acting as if they had nothing to do with it. "They didn't even fukk with it" is your quote.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
What was outdated that YOU debunk?

Yall dudes stay making statements without any backbone to it.

Flag waving the next niqqas bullshyt thinking it has more value because it has more co-signs behind the dumb shyt
There's receipts in this thread that disprove just about every post you've made lol at which one

You have yet to provide any proof just anecdotal "accounts"

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Their neighborhoods were open to hip hop unlike the cac neighborhoods in NYC. It wouldn't have lasted and spread without them.

Again...ricans and blacks were in Chicago. Why weren't yall there making music together like we were in NYC back in the 70s?

NO HE SAID IT WOULDNT
HAVE EXISTED WITHOUT THEM.
LETS NOT REWRITE WORDS...

MANY RICANS HAVE BEEN
DOCUMENTED SAYING THEIR
COMMUNITY DIDNT fukk WITH HIP HOP UNTIL IT BLEW UP.

FUNNY HOW BLACK IMMIGRANTS
LIKE YOU ARE THE MAIN PPL
PUSHING BACK ON THIS.
:devil:
:evil:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Tons of "Latinos" in Chicago, LA and other places. How come we didn't see any Black and Rican type unity in those places unlike NY where we saw it in Disco, Salsa, and Hip Hop?
To be fair Chicago and LA are primarily Mexican and they don't have the same (level of) African lineage to even try to relate to.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Cause a lot of people are running in the other direction with this argument and acting as if they had nothing to do with it. "They didn't even fukk with it" is your quote.
They didn’t during its inception.

“Microphone Check” clearly doesn’t deny their legendary participation in Hip Hop culture, friend.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The receipts @IllmaticDelta has provided and the FBA creators/pioneers in “Microphone Check” did the talking, friend.
The receipts were cherry picked comments to confirm his bias.

NY has a 1970s history of Blacks and Ricans making art together. Blacks created hip hop, and ricans were also there as carriers of that art.

MANY RICANS HAVE BEEN
DOCUMENTED SAYING THEIR
COMMUNITY DIDNT fukk WITH HIP HOP UNTIL IT BLEW UP.

FUNNY HOW BLACK IMMIGRANTS
LIKE YOU ARE THE MAIN PPL
PUSHING BACK ON THIS.
:devil:
:evil:

Niqqa.....many black communities didn't either. ou think Black caribs weren't doing the same towards hip hop not embracing it?

And who the fukk expected hip hop to erase the colorism that comes from Latins? :mjlol: Y At the same time they can be colorist, I had fam living off their worship of Black God's and their people creating the first Black library in this country.

I"m not stupid enough to believe that hip hop was going to erase their issues, so why the hell are you?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
So now we are going to cherry pick that the MC was out in the forefront in order to diminish the other elements of hip hop being as important during that time so you can win a coli argument.

So its wrong to say that the MC was behind the DJ back then. Let's change history.

I didn't cherry pick anything. This whole "the mc was behind the Dj" narrative is accurate for the BRONX, not HARLEM, where the "Rapper" actually originated!