“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Tons of "Latinos" in Chicago, LA and other places. How come we didn't see any Black and Rican type unity in those places unlike NY where we saw it in Disco, Salsa, and Hip Hop?

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
:mjlol:
This coming from an mk ultra alter of a troll poster who got punked in front of his tenement building, friends.

Take special notice that I respect KNOWLEDGE.
Whoever it comes from, if it is truthful knowledge I accept it.
Especially if I am ignorant to something.

My only point has been that Ricans are ALSO BLACK, and been coexisting with Blk Americans for over 200 years.
A closer relationship in NY than ANY OTHER.

So I urge you to instead of trolling, spread knowledge or learn something as I am.

Have a great day.
Stop giggling and trolling please.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
YOU CANT HELP but to bring later iterations into your points.

I don't give a fukk about several decades later. We in a hip hop in the beginning and here you were bringing up the MC as proof when the MC was in the background.....in the beginning.

Stop posting about this city.

In Harlem the MC was in the front. Dj Hollywood already had tapes on the street with his raps on them in the early 1970s

DVAqkH7.jpg

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
There were plenty of black people who weren't open to the culture either. It was literally a counterculture.
That still holds true to this day. But that still doesn’t change the fact that according to early FBA pioneers/creators and thorough receipts, Ricans weren’t FUNKIN with Hip Hop early on during it’s inception, friend.

NYC Rebel

Daps
In Harlem the MC was in the front. Dj Hollywood already had tapes on the street with his raps on them in the early 1970s

DVAqkH7.jpg

So now we are going to cherry pick that the MC was out in the forefront in order to diminish the other elements of hip hop being as important during that time so you can win a coli argument.

So its wrong to say that the MC was behind the DJ back then. Let's change history.

:camby:

And I'm going to ask again:

Tons of "Latinos" in Chicago, LA and other places. How come we didn't see any Black and Rican type unity in those places unlike NY where we saw it in Disco, Salsa, and Hip Hop?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That still holds true to this day. But that still doesn’t change the fact that according to early FBA pioneers/creators and thorough receipts, Ricans weren’t FUNKIN with Hip Hop early on during it’s inception, friend.
Yes it does. If you can claim it as a black artform even though ALL black people didn't fukk with it or create it, why are nikkas getting killed for saying other cultures were there and contributed when ALL of the members of those cultures may not have fukked with it either.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Take special notice that I respect KNOWLEDGE.
Whoever it comes from, if it is truthful knowledge I accept it.
Especially if I am ignorant to something.

My only point has been that Ricans are ALSO BLACK, and been coexisting with Blk Americans for over 200 years.
A closer relationship in NY than ANY OTHER.

So I urge you to instead of trolling, spread knowledge or learn something as I am.

Have a great day.
Stop giggling and trolling please.
Willma HOcean’s Alter please…

, ma’am.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yes it does. If you can claim it as a black artform even though ALL black people didn't fukk with it or create it, why are nikkas getting killed for saying other cultures were there and contributed when ALL of the members of those cultures may not have fukked with it either.
Why are you conflating “helped create/50/50 with contributed/participated, friend?

NYC Rebel

Daps
Keep in mind, IllmaticDelta didn't even see Tariqs docu nor is he from NYC.
It's always outta towners with their limited daily interaction with different cultures who do the most talking.

Like...WTF? Blacks and Ricans were making music and were the cultural drivers of art in this city beyond hip hop. But all of a sudden, it didn't happen when it came to hip hop when CLEARLY Ricans participated in many elements of the culture?

fukk outta here.

NYC Rebel

Daps

"HIP HIP WOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED
WITHOUT PUERTO RICANS' -KRS ONE

THE fukk ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
:devil:
:evil:

Their neighborhoods were open to hip hop unlike the cac neighborhoods in NYC. It wouldn't have lasted and spread without them.

Again...ricans and blacks were in Chicago. Why weren't yall there making music together like we were in NYC back in the 70s?