“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
And this is what it all boils down to. These dudes are obsessed with Tariq & derail every discussion with this no matter what. But when you call them out on it, they try to spin it into something else but no one's folled. It's why I'm not responding to any of those goofies lol
These obsessed Tariq. haters are the true definition of Stans, friend.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
And this is what it all boils down to. These dudes are obsessed with Tariq & derail every discussion with this no matter what. But when you call them out on it, they try to spin it into something else but no one's folled. It's why I'm not responding to any of those goofies lol

You're full of shyt. You didn't see the docu like I did. I have expressed discrepancies specifically about the docu to have a conversation and most of u haven't seen the docu so my words are foreign to you and u think I'm "derailing the discussion" or "trying to spin it" NO...I'm speaking on the actual docu and you never saw it so it goes over your head.

But I'm good because a few caught it and understand.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
They helped push it in this city. They welcomed it and became a part of the culture. Hip Hop wasn't embraced in Riverdale miles away from the South Bronx.

Why do yall want us to ignore that they were open to our culture when other groups in this city weren't early on?
According to the receipts of people that were there, Ricans weren’t open to the culture early on. I guess it depends on what you consider “early on”, friend.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

You have receipts showing otherwise? Trixie and Dancin Doug were at those parties in 1973. Here's another person who was those Herc parties in 1975, here's what he said

I love the fact that 1978 isn't "early hip hop" anymore because including the 1970s would kill the narrative. There hadn't even been a single rap song on the radio yet and you want to claim that hip hop had already advanced into its middle years.

What do you mean "anymore"? The culture of HipHop existed before the INDUSTRY OF RAP music, existed: These are stone cold facts!

What's next, Little Richard and Chuck Berry weren't early Rock and Roll anymore, does it only count as early if it was around in the 1930s/early 1940s? LOL at someone trying to claim that 1978 isn't "early hip hop" at any point before the diaspora wars.

they weren't early Rock n Roll...Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Fats Domino all attested to this!

^^That interview is from 1957...Listen to the question he's asked and then his answer, then do the math:mjgrin:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
According to the receipts of people that were there, Ricans weren’t open to the culture early on. I guess it depends on what you consider “early on”, friend.
According to others who were there, they were open to the culture. When does early on end in your eyes? We saw Rican and Black culture in this city create record labels outside of hip hop going back to 74'.

Niqqas cherry pick who is saying what while examples of that unity was right in their faces.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
This is your brain on Tariq Nasheed documentaries.
This fakkit motherfukker really posted this directly underneath an @IllmaticDelta post. :russ:

They got fukking Melle Mel on that Documentary, from his OWN lips, saying in the beginning it was just nikkaS.

You trying to say he was coerced? Tariq all of a sudden got enough scratch to pay off a bunch of ppl to re-write Hip-Hop history?

Okay, retards. :mjlol:
According to others who were there, they were open to the culture. When does early on end in your eyes? We saw Rican and Black culture in this city create record labels outside of hip hop going back to 74'.

Niqqas cherry pick who is saying what while examples of that unity was right in their faces.
Name names. We got literal PIONEERS on record saying that was a lie and they were racist af, too. Who you got instead?

There's also recorded black and white footage of black americans b-boying/break dancing years before any beige motherfukker set foot in the country.

Is that cherry picking too?:mjpls:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Have you checked out the receipts that our good coli friend @IllmaticDelta has provide in this very thread while responding to you? If you haven’t, may I kindly suggest you check out that viable information, friend.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
No one in here is building or elaborating.

But lets look at reality. Tariqs docu has gone under the radar...It's not making a big splash in the streets like that

I said it before and I'll say it again...Most people don't give a shyt about 70's Hip Hop like that. Watching The Coli all of a sudden pretending like they give a shyt because Tariq told them to is hilarious

Meanwhile..In current Hip Hop. Timbaland and Swizz did a deal for Verzuz with the racist Elon Musk on Junteenth. Ya'll in here arguing about Black Americans started Hip Hop..well look at where Hip Hop is currently at in 2024. Kinda makes the bickering in here seem pointless focusing on how it started when this is how it turned out.

The 70's are over...This is Hip Hop now.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This fakkit motherfukker really posted this directly underneath an @IllmaticDelta post. :russ:

They got fukking Melle Mel on that Documentary, from his OWN lips, saying in the beginning it was just nikkaS.

You trying to say he was coerced? Tariq all of a sudden got enough scratch to pay off a bunch of ppl to re-write Hip-Hop history?

Okay, retards. :mjlol:

Name names. We got literal PIONEERS on record saying that was a lie and they were racist af, too. Who you got instead?

There's also recorded black and white footage of black americans b-boying/break dancing years before any beige motherfukker set foot in the country.

Is that cherry picking too?:mjpls:

Blacks and Latins were already doing it with disco, which was much more mature than hip hop.

It wasn't new to this city.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY

Type directly to that moderator, Illmaticdelta, and other serious posters.
Do not get sidelined by the alts and troll posters.