“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
You keep making it about Tariq but I'm telling you it's folks like Coke La Rock, Sha Rock,

Lets be real here concerning this topic. It's really been a "Lets pick and chose who we want to listen to concerning the origins of Hip Hop."

Notice how you just mentioned Sha Rock. But Sha Rock was 11 years old in 1973. But when I pointed out that its not too far fetched that KRS at 11 years old witnessed what he saw in 1976 at 11 years old on the song South Bronx, a bunch of posters jumped down my throat. Ha Ha Hee Hee KRS wasn't outside at 11 years old he was watching cartoons and eating Cheerios....But here you are mentioning Sha Rock. Someone else mentioned Sha Rock...But she was 11 years old in 1973 and now all of a sudden when her name is mentioned an 11 year old has a say so but KRS doesn't. This 11 year old over here has a good testimony but this 11 year old doesn't. That's picking and choosing

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
You outta town dudes really take your baggage to speak on shyt.

If I remember the history correctly, it was a latin king in the 80's....King Blood... who left Chicago, and came to NY with the Chicago racial politics.

That pushed much of the issues we see today with the Bloods etc.
So understand the perspective.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Exactly, can’t name one because Prince Markie Dee was considered the first one.

Puerto Rican may have done some break dances or graffiti but they weren’t instrumental in the meat of Hip Hop. The part that catapulted hip hop.
How the fukk are you one on the first page even qualified to talk about the "meat" of hip hop as if the MC during hip hop origins was the main part?

The DJ was bigger than the MC back then. Graf and breaking was bigger than the MC back then. Who the fukk are you?

This is who yall niqqas are co-signing speaking on my city? :camby:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

DUDE THIS IS ABOUT
THE CREATION....

NOT BYSTANDERS OR PARTICPATORS.

THEY OUT HERE SAYING LATINOS
CREATED HIP HOP WITH BLACK
AMERICANS AND ITS A LIE.

SAME PPL WHO CREATED JAZZ, BLUES, ROCK,
R&B ETC DIDN'T NEED ANY HELP
CREATING HIP HOP.
:devil:
:evil:

“It’s as simple as that”, friends
velvet-jones.jpg

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'll never understand how nikkas outside of NYC, who've never even been to NYC are gonna tell people born and raised there how to feel about anything relating to their culture. It's truly bizarre.

vino

Superstar
Daps
How the fukk are you one on the first page even qualified to talk about the "meat" of hip hop as if the MC during hip hop origins was the main part?

The DJ was bigger than the MC back then. Graf and breaking was bigger than the MC back then. Who the fukk are you?

Because hip hop would have died near the end of 80’s without MC’ing. (Possibly earlier). Remove the MC and hip hop is dead.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
There were no Ricans at Kool Herc parties lol

:mjlol:

Since when was 1978 "early hiphop"?

I love the fact that 1978 isn't "early hip hop" anymore because including the 1970s would kill the narrative. There hadn't even been a single rap song on the radio yet and you want to claim that hip hop had already advanced into its middle years. What's next, Little Richard and Chuck Berry weren't early Rock and Roll anymore, does it only count as early if it was around in the 1930s/early 1940s? LOL at someone trying to claim that 1978 isn't "early hip hop" at any point before the diaspora wars.

NYC Rebel

Daps
“It’s as simple as that”, friends
velvet-jones.jpg
That shyt is dumb as fukk.

The dynamics in this city back then is that the Black and Rican underbelly spurred the most organic art movements in this city.
That's why NYC is corny as fukk as it is now. We no longer are the ones pushing the culture from underneath the cac agenda here.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Lets be real here concerning this topic. It's really been a "Lets pick and chose who we want to listen to concerning the origins of Hip Hop."

Notice how you just mentioned Sha Rock. But Sha Rock was 11 years old in 1973. But when I pointed out that its not too far fetched that KRS at 11 years old witnessed what he saw in 1976 at 11 on the song South Bronx a bunch of posters jumped down my throat. Ha Ha Hee Hee KRS wasn't outside at 11 years old he was watching cartoons and eating Cheerios....But here you are mentioning Sha Rock. Someone else mentioned Sha Rock...But she was 11 years old in 1973 and now all of a sudden when her name is mentioned an 11 year old has a say so but KRS doesn't. That's picking and choosing

Okay I'll take back everyone but Coke La Rock's name then :skip:

vino

Superstar
Daps
This isn't about "would've died." This is about the BEGINNINGS.

You are unqualified and scattered. :camby:

Even in the beginnings they weren’t there like that until a bit later. Hip hop hasn’t included break dancers in several decades. Grafitti has drifted so far from hip hop. Also, the DJ hasn’t been a traditional DJ in decades. MC has kept the lights on for Hip hop.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

NAH THIRSTY ASS nikkaS AND bytchES
DID THAT shyt FOR POTENTIAL
SPICY CAC SEX AND ACCEPTANCE

LOL @ BROWN.

BLACKS ARE BROWN.

:devil:
:evil:

I agree we need allies and Latinos generally support things like reparations more than cacs in polling but it can't be a coalition without them advocating for Black Americans more forcibly.

Right now they overwhelmingly benefit off of us than the reverse.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Even in the beginnings they weren’t there like that until a bit later. Hip hop hasn’t included break dancers in several decades. Grafitti has drifted so far from hip hop. Also, the DJ hasn’t been a traditional DJ in decades. MC has kept the lights on for Hip hop.
YOU CANT HELP but to bring later iterations into your points.

I don't give a fukk about several decades later. We in a hip hop in the beginning and here you were bringing up the MC as proof when the MC was in the background.....in the beginning.

Stop posting about this city.

vino

Superstar
Daps
YOU CANT HELP but to bring later iterations into your points.

I don't give a fukk about several decades later. We in a hip hop in the beginning and here you were bringing up the MC as proof when the MC was in the background.....in the beginning.

Stop posting about this city.

Sound like you can’t refute anything I said though.