“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

And with that said, you and me are done here. Don't quote me anymore. Don't alert me.

Bottom line...In NYC Black and Brown get along and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know about my city. FACTS.

P.S. Your mixtapes are trash and you never blew up because u are a swagless funny looking wack rapper.
:mjlol::umad:

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps

DUDE THIS IS ABOUT
THE CREATION....

NOT BYSTANDERS OR PARTICPATORS.

THEY OUT HERE SAYING LATINOS
CREATED HIP HOP WITH BLACK
AMERICANS AND ITS A LIE.

SAME PPL WHO CREATED JAZZ, BLUES, ROCK,
R&B ETC DIDN'T NEED ANY HELP
CREATING HIP HOP.
:devil:
:evil:

who said black folks needed help in creating anything?

and so what if some random spicy cac said Latinos created hiphop, fukk them..it should only be an issue if a reputable Latino from the old school era of hiphop claimed that, which I doubt any of them did.

we reacting to some bullshyt & Tariq just doing what he does best and that’s stirring the pot.

y’all acting like NYC wasn’t a melting pot of people in the 70’s lol

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
who said black folks needed help in creating anything?

and so what if some random spicy cac said Latinos created hiphop, fukk them..it should only be an issue if a reputable Latino from the old school era of hiphop claimed that, which I doubt any of them did.

we reacting to some bullshyt & Tariq just doing what he does best and that’s stirring the pot.

y’all acting like NYC wasn’t a melting pot of people in the 70’s lol

WHO THE HELL IS A REPUTABLE
LATINO FROM THAT ERA?

THATS WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO
FIND OUT.

:devil:
:evil:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I still can't believe people are still deflecting to Tariq on this. People are proving that it's not "50/50" without even needing a single clip from Microphone check. Many of these originators have stated this stuff before, they were just like random on the street interviews. The first Ricans that participated have even said they got it from Black people. Even told Dr. Colon during interviews that they got it from Black people, and Colon is the leader of the "50/50" crew.

I don't know what else there is to say to these people.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Where are KRS-One's and Pete Rock's families from? :sas2:

Same countries that helped create and build hip hop?

DJ Cool Herc - Jamaican
Grandmaster Flash -Barbados
LL Cool J - Barbados
Afrikka Bambatta - Jamaica
Crazy Legs of the Rock Steady Crew - Puerto Rico
Mr Magic - Trindidad
Doug E Fresh - Barbados
Slick Rick - Jamaica
Kurtis Blow - Haiti
etc.

But the Grandfather of Hip Hop is obviously James Brown.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I'm old enough to have seen my boys make it to the Roxy for a part on Beat Street where my people battled hella Rican crews before coming in third place. Old enough to know that Bushwick and Wiliiamsburg, both Rican neighborhoods, welcomed hip hop as my people performed in park jams there. Old enough to see my boy the late Sugarshaft of X-Clan spray an entire train car with two other Rican kids he linked up with.

Why are you all adamant in making Ricans out to be Bensonhurst and other cac neighborhoods who didn't give a damn about our artform?

Yall really letting an uptown clown in Tariq give you some crap lessons on hip hop? Hip hop isn't all rap. It was called waking up everyday and living the NY experience and way too many outta towners are bringing in the latino experiences of where they are from to our experience.

After the gang truce in the early 70s, Rican and Black neighborhoods opened up to each other because there was a real epiphany that all we had was us. It's the only real Black and Brown movement I saw transpire in this country, so please...fukk all that shyt from you flyover city ass niqqas speaking on hip hop and its origins.

We KNOW Blacks created hip hop, but Ricans were on the ride with us and always welcomed it unlike Bronx neighborhoods like Riverdale who wanted no parts of it. Rican hoods were always shouted out when hip hop call outs were done. They were there.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I still can't believe people are still deflecting to Tariq on this. People are proving that it's not "50/50" without even needing a single clip from Microphone check. Many of these originators have stated this stuff before, they were just like random on the street interviews. The first Ricans that participated have even said they got it from Black people. Even told Dr. Colon during interviews that they got it from Black people, and Colon is the leader of the "50/50" crew.

I don't know what else there is to say to these people.

It's not about the message, it's the messenger. I have co signed that Black Americans created Hip Hop from jump...No problem with that but when I point out that Tariq has attempted to bring his personal diaspora war into Hip Hop...all of u who claim to care for Hip Hop ignore that part. I've given numerous examples how how he has a beef with West Indians, Caribbeans and Africans outside of Hip Hop. He has been on this 'separating ethnicities' kick for a few years and that's not a thing in Hip Hop.

Lets be real here....can u honestly say a person who has a bunch of Youtube thumbnails on his page where Africans and West Indians look like 4ch@n caricatures is a good representation for Hip Hop? Seriously...when has this photo ever been a thing in Hip Hop? Ya'll seem to keep ignoring that part and it exposes ya'll for not really caring about the culture.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I'm old enough to have seen my boys make it to the Roxy for a part on Beat Street where my people battled hella Rican crews before coming in third place. Old enough to know that Bushwick and Wiliiamsburg, both Rican neighborhoods, welcomed hip hop as my people performed in park jams there. Old enough to see my boy the late Sugarshaft of X-Clan spray an entire train car with two other Rican kids he linked up with.

Why are you all adamant in making Ricans out to be Bensonhurst and other cac neighborhoods who didn't give a damn about our artform?

Yall really letting an uptown clown in Tariq give you some crap lessons on hip hop? Hip hop isn't all rap. It was called waking up everyday and living the NY experience and way too many outta towners are bringing in the latino experiences of where they are from to our experience.

After the gang truce in the early 70s, Rican and Black neighborhoods opened up to each other because there was a real epiphany that all we had was us. It's the only real Black and Brown movement I saw transpire in this country, so please...fukk all that shyt from you flyover city ass niqqas speaking on hip hop and its origins
Tariq made a documentary with people who were actually there at that time saying that Hip Hop is 100% FBA and that these people didn't jump on until after things were already in motion. It's not Tariq's words y'all are arguing with, it's all the folks he had on his documentary who were there.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Tariq made a documentary with people who were actually there at that time saying that Hip Hop is 100% FBA and that these people didn't jump on until after things were already in motion. It's not Tariq's words y'all are arguing with, it's all the folks he had on his documentary who were there.
Hip hop was always welcomed in Rican communities. Who gives a fukk about Tariq's cherrypicked documentary.

Let's take a look at the best disco record company (outside of Gamble & Huff) of the 70s....the NY based Salsoul Records. It was called Salsoul because New York Ricans who were listening hardcore to soul music and combined it with salsa. All they did was sign artists Skyy, Double Exposure, First Choice, Joey Battan, and others. that Rican/Black movement was already in the music coming out of as early as 1974, and that was outside of hip hop.

I don't give two shyts what they 125th street scammer in Tariq is selling yall. The Rican/Black movement in this city long had a working relationship around music and hip hop culture. The dance the hustle came from Puerto Ricans. After the gang truce in the early 70s, Ricans and Blacks got up together and weren't pushing back against each others culture.

Mannnn, fukk Tariq uptown ass selling bullshyt.

vino

Superstar
Daps
These muthafukka
Hip hop was always welcomed in Rican communities. Who gives a fukk about Tariq's cherrypicked documentary.

Let's take a look at the best disco record company (outside of Gamble & Huff) of the 70s....the NY based Salsoul Records. It was called Salsoul because New York Ricans who were listening hardcore to soul music and combined it with salsa. All they did was sign artists Skyy, Double Exposure, First Choice, Joey Battan, and others. that Rican/Black movement was already in the music coming out of as early as 1974, and that was outside of hip hop.

I don't give two shyts what they 125th street scammer in Tariq is selling yall. The Rican/Black movement in this city long had a working relationship around music and hip hop culture. The dance the hustle came from Puerto Ricans. After the gang truce in the early 70s, Ricans and Blacks got up together and weren't pushing back against each others culture.

Mannnn, fukk Tariq uptown ass selling bullshyt.

Man….you just going to solely credit Puerto Ricans for this. Then when it comes to hip hop it’s a coalition. Then you you’re saying screw what people, who were part of the creation, are saying about the history. Crazy

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
fukk what KRS-ONE talking about. You know what the common denominator between damn near every genre that’s been popular over the past 100+ years is…black people. Even the very Puerto Ricans he’s trying to shoehorn into some integral role in hip-hop wouldn’t even have their very “own” genres if it wasn’t for black people. nikkas been giving the world it’s sauce since time immemorial.​

NYC Rebel

Daps
These muthafukka

Man….you just going to solely credit Puerto Ricans for this. Then when it comes to hip hop it’s a coalition. Then you you’re saying screw what people, who were part of the creation, are saying about the history. Crazy
My LORD, you are dumb as fukk.

Even crying about a simple dance which came out of Rican households and was a variation of the salsa dance they did, which is a variation of an African congolese dance.

Good fukking LORD, you outta town crybabies just cherry pick shyt to be mad at. All that I posted and you chose to be mad about the fukking HUSTLE.

social media has created a legion of dumb fukks. You can't even refute the other shyt I posted...but you mad at the hustle being of Rican origin. I'm sorry...Ricans and Blacks got together after the truce in the early 70s.

vino

Superstar
Daps
My LORD, you are dumb as fukk.

Even crying about a simple dance which came out of Rican households and was a variation of the salsa dance they did, which is a variation of an African congolese dance.

Good fukking LORD, you outta town crybabies just cherry pick shyt to be mad at. All that I posted and you chose to be mad about the fukking HUSTLE.

social media has created a legion of dumb fukks. You can't even refute the other shyt I posted...but you mad at the hustle being of Rican origin. I'm sorry...Ricans and Blacks got together after the truce in the early 70s.

I ain’t crying I’m making a correlation to your break in logic.

Your other stuff been refuted ad nauseum in this the