“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
You're one of the main goofy detractors in here quoting any & everybody taking away from the topic. I'm not discussing anything with posters like you who argue in bad faith just because you don't like Tariq

There is nothing I wrote you can disagree with my xenophobic weirdo friend.
1. Puerto Ricans been fukking/partying/living next to/friends etc Blk American new yorkers for HUNDREDS OF YEARS.
2. A large portion of Ricans are dark skinned, do not speak spanish, and are indistinguishable from Blk Americans.
3. A person born and raised in America is AN AMERICAN

Are you a in the house little internet dweeb or you really know about hip hop street culture?

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
We weren't cool like that in the 70's & before bro. It's a fact a lot of people like to leave out. I was a little kid in the 80's & even I can remember Latinos & even Africans/Caribbean Blacks wouldn't let their kids play with us Black Americans because they thought we were trouble or a bad influence; and this is well before I was a teen. It wasn't until they liked our "swag" (lack of a better word) & took on our culture is when things got better. They started to assimilate into Black American culture & that goes for Caribbean Blacks too. In the 70's & before, a lot of those latinos were racist AF & would jump Black Americans

You are a liar, weirdo, and a suspected agent.

Where in NY you grew up?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I was hoping this video would find its way here.

Now, I’m interested to see who sides with who…

:pachaha:

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
1. Puerto Ricans been fukking/partying/living next to/friends etc Blk American new yorkers for HUNDREDS OF YEARS.
2. A large portion of Ricans are dark skinned, do not speak spanish, and are indistinguishable from Blk Americans.

Are you a in the house little internet dweeb or you really know about hip hop street culture?
HUNDREDS OF YEARS YOU DUMB ASS:whoo:

HUNDREDS OF YEARS YOU DUMB ASS:russ:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
HUNDREDS OF YEARS YOU DUMB ASS:whoo:

HUNDREDS OF YEARS YOU DUMB ASS:russ:

I googled, "when did puerto ricans come to new york"
Do you disagree?

"19th century

The first group of Puerto Ricans immigrated to New York City in the mid-19th century when Puerto Rico was a Spanish colony and its people Spanish subjects. The following wave of Puerto Ricans to move to New York City did so after the Spanish–American War in 1898."

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
What are their names and what were they instrumental in doing?

It matters because getting our history right matters.

You guys act like it was tariq himself spitting information. He had pioneers in there that have never been recored before. People ive been around,being from the bronx, that never got their flowers or recognition. This is easily the most historically accurate documentary on hip hop ever released

hating on this is absurd

Im all for romanticized "we are the world" accounts, just not at the expense of my culture

IT ACTUALLY DOES.

IT MEANS HE COMPROMISED
AND CANT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

HE COULD HAVE EASILY
LISTED THESE RICAN PIONEERS
BUT HE DIDNT BECAUSE THEY DONT EXIST.
:devil:
:evil:

I mean how many of you knew of the hip hop pioneers in tariqs doc before you saw it. Do you guys know of Kool Hercs sister who played a part aswell or the MC from round the block who cooked Melle Mel but didn't get that break but was a early contributor thus a pioneer.
No it is not ...
The DJ, Breaking, Graffiti, street Fashion are the pillars

The best boxing and MCing came later.
The DJ played both roles

No one cared for an actual MC until later. And nikkaz wasn't caring about an actual rapper til even later.

And it's become the biggest part of the culture and worse part
Yeah you're right, The DJ was the star of the show initially, then Breaking. Some time after it became about rap groups, then after that, the Sole MC became the star. Them hippty hop rappers had no respect

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
You're a weirdo & a goofy like I said

Where in NY did you grow up?

Ricans and Blk New Yorkers have ALWAYS been side by side

Caribbean people and blk new yorkers have ALWAYS been side by side

As in same neighborhoods, schools, supermarkets etc

Why you making shyt up weirdo?

vino

Superstar
Daps
I mean how many of you knew of the hip hop pioneers in tariqs doc before you saw it. Do you guys know of Kool Hercs sister who played a part aswell or the MC from round the block who cooked Melle Mel but didn't get that break but was a early contributor thus a pioneer.

Yeah you're right, The DJ was the star of the show initially, then Breaking. Some time after it became about rap groups, then after that, the Sole MC became the star. Them hippty hop rappers had no respect

Bruh, exit the thread my guy. If you can’t name me a Puerto Rican MC don’t quote me. I just need them names

mag357

Superstar
Daps

Thank you bro... I know I ain't freaking crazy lol

A nikka back then trying to touched a mic that the DJ had would have gotten boo'd or punched.

And A dude trying to be a rapper was some weirdo sh*t for a long time

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
No it is not ...
The DJ, Breaking, Graffiti, street Fashion are the pillars

The best boxing and MCing came later.
The DJ played both roles

No one cared for an actual MC until later. And nikkaz wasn't caring about an actual rapper til even later.

And it's become the biggest part of the culture and worse part
False!

In Harlem the MC was first

In the Bronx scene, the Bboy was first

.Graf isn't really a part of HipHop

It only became a part of HipHop because a subset of those graf artists from the "Black" community also were part of the black party scene that gave birth to HipHop. Those same cats were the ones doing the flyers like Riff170, Phase2, Sisqo kid etc...

w/o the Rapper, HipHop doesn't become an actual movement/genre of music and it dies by 1977

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
Do you disagree?

"19th century

The first group of Puerto Ricans immigrated to New York City in the mid-19th century when Puerto Rico was a Spanish colony and its people Spanish subjects. The following wave of Puerto Ricans to move to New York City did so after the Spanish–American War in 1898."
"HUNDREDS OF YEARS"
Do you disagree?

"19th century

"HUNDREDS OF YEARS" You do know where my people black folks were at in the middle 19th century STUPID :mjpls:@Uncouth Savage

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:mjlol:"LIVE FROM LONDON"

:camby:

:devil:
:evil:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
"HUNDREDS OF YEARS"

"HUNDREDS OF YEARS" You do know where my people black folks were at in the middle 19th century STUPID :mjpls:

I am not sure what you disagreeing with sir/maam?

They been coming to ny since then
Blk people BEEN in ny even before th at

Ricans and Blk Americans have ALWAYS coexisted and HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE

Then and now

What is your disagreement about?