mag357

Superstar
Daps
This is false. It's one of 4.
No it is not ...
The DJ, Breaking, Graffiti, street Fashion are the pillars

The beat boxing and MCing came later.
The DJ played both roles

No one cared for an actual MC until later. And nikkaz wasn't caring about an actual rapper til even later.

And it's become the biggest part of the culture and worse part

Last edited:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
:beli:….come on man. Now, the Puerto Ricans blended in with Blavk people.

Yes sir, that is exactly what I am saying.

THEY ARE BLACK PEOPLE

As the "Caribbean" people also in the parties

Yall calling AMERICAN CITIZENS born and or raised in America as immigrants

They went to kindergarthen, middle school, high school, college, parks, neighbors, and PARTIES together

They are/were Americans, mixing with other Americans.

vino

Superstar
Daps

THEY ARE BLACK PEOPLE

As the "Caribbean" people also in the parties

Yall calling AMERICAN CITIZENS born and or raised in America as immigrants

They went to kindergarthen, middle school, high school, college, parks, neighbors, and PARTIES together

They are/were Americans, mixing with other Americans.

You saying yall and I’m just calling them what they refer to themselves as. So, what were the names of the Black people, that call themselves Puerto Rican, that were MC’s?

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
You saying yall and I’m just calling them what they refer to themselves as. So, what were the names of the Black people, that call themselves Puerto Rican, that were MC’s?

Why would a person born and raised in America, call themselves Puerto Rican?

They have a specific name, it is called Nuyorican
As in the CAribbean, those born/raised in America, are called Yankee

Have you ever met BLACK BLACK puerto ricans?

Or even light skinned ones who will tell you a grandparent was extremely dark skinned?

Puerto Ricans been mixing with Blk Americans for over 200 years in New York

vino

Superstar
Daps
Why would a person born and raised in America, call themselves Puerto Rican?

They have a specific name, it is called Nuyorican
As in the CAribbean, those born/raised in America, are called Yankee

Have you ever met BLACK BLACK puerto ricans?

Or even light skinned ones who will tell you a grandparent was extremely dark skinned?

Puerto Ricans been mixing with Blk Americans for over 200 years in New York

Alright, just concede at this point my guy. You dancing around the discussion of the actual thread. I’m not a Tariq person. You telling me a history I know(a bout racial make up) but have yet to answer the actual question.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Alright, just concede at this point my guy. You dancing around the discussion of the actual thread. I’m not a Tariq person. You telling me a history I know(a bout racial make up) but have yet to answer the actual question.

My point was simple sir.
Stop calling American Citizens, born and or raised their whole lives in America, immigrants.

Yet most importantly, many think Ricans all look like Fat Joe.
There is a great portion of Puerto Ricans who are EXTREMELY BLACK.

And if they were born and raised in America, you would know them no different from a Blk American.

As Biggie, Busta, Pete Rock etc

THEY ARE AMERICANS SIR

So if you looked at party videos, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to tell who is who unless you knew them personally

Do you have experience with the children of immigrants?

vino

Superstar
Daps
My point was simple sir.
Stop calling American Citizens, born and or raised their whole lives in America, immigrants.

Yet most importantly, many think Ricans all look like Fat Joe.
There is a great portion of Puerto Ricans who are EXTREMELY BLACK.

And if they were born and raised in America, you would know them no different from a Blk American.

As Biggie, Busta, Pete Rock etc

THEY ARE AMERICANS SIR

So if you looked at party videos, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to tell who is who unless you knew them personally

Do you have experience with the children of immigrants?

Are you mentally delayed? I’m being serious. There’s zero post I have, in my history here, where I have done that. Also, Puerto Ricans can’t be called immigrants because it’s an American territory.

Nothing i have I posted in this thread has said anything you just typed.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Even if Hip Hop is FBA creation, is it not asinine to think people from other cultures in the South Bronx played a part in pioneering it. I mean Kool Herc is Jamaican and there would've been Puerto Ricans partaking to as they all lived side by side and would've helped pushed the culture forward any which way.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Are you mentally delayed? I’m being serious. There’s zero post I have, in my history here, where I have done that. Also, Puerto Ricans can’t be called immigrants because it’s an American territory.

Nothing i have I posted in this thread has said anything you just typed.

I did not accuse you of being a xenophobe or agent like Tariq.

Specifically what I am saying is, those BORN AND RAISED IN AMERICA, usually have a different mindset from those who moved to America

Fat Joe and Biggie are Americans

And my other point simply is that if a bunch of BLACK PEOPLE OF AFRICAN HERITAGE are in a room
Whether their parents from the south, puerto rico, africa, or caribbean

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL WHO IS WHO

Especially when they all dress, talk, walk, and think the same way

Again, puerto ricans been mixing with blk americans for HUNDREDS of years

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
This topic genuinely perplexed me. What is so wrong about AAs staking their claim to a genre of music mostly birthed by them? I don't think anyone has a problem acknowledging that non Blacks and AAs contributed to hip hops establishment. What is offensive is when people make statements claiming that hip hop wouldn't exist with Latins or that hip hop is exclusively a yard man.

Imagine the push back if Stevie Wonder just proclaimed that reggae was created by Black Americans and that Jamaicans were bystanders. I think that what is making ppl upset is other folks are not stopping at contributions and influences, they are now claiming that hiphop is exclusively theirs or that without them, hiphop would not exist. Put aside Tariq. I was reading a thread on here earlier in which a Jamaican in Britain claimed that RnB and House weren't exclusive to AAs!! No other Black culture is accused of being simultaneously cultureless but is expected to have their cultural artifacts to be open to everyone! That's where the disconnect and disrespect comes in.

And those of you who hate Tariq have had a hand in feeding the type of xenophobia he traffics in. When ppl are distorting history and then y'all say that AAs have no right to correct the record, who does that leave the door open for? It's like the border. For decades the left insisted that there was no border crisis, leaving any potential solution to come from the minds of xenophobic right wingers. Y'all failed to push back on these outlandish claims and now a charlatan is offering an extreme solution: to prevent AAs cultural erasure, we will erase or downplay the contributions of non AAs in hip hop. Plus, some of y'all give a weird pass to downgrade and denigrate AA culture and history simply because it occurred in the United States. Other diaspora groups have a similar story but because they live on a beach, speak French/Spanish/patois and eat largely the same foods, they are allowed to claim a culture while AAs are assumed to be cultureless children simply because they cannot trace back their point of origin with 100% fidelity. shyt is mad funny style the way some of y'all moving out here
:yeshrug:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
This topic genuinely perplexed me. What is so wrong about AAs staking their claim to a genre of music mostly birthed by them? I don't think anyone has a problem acknowledging that non Blacks and AAs contributed to hip hops establishment. What is offensive is when people make statements claiming that hip hop wouldn't exist with Latins or that hip hop is exclusively a yard man.

Imagine the push back if Stevie Wonder just proclaimed that reggae was created by Black Americans and that Jamaicans were bystanders. I think that what is making ppl upset is other folks are not stopping at contributions and influences, they are now claiming that hiphop is exclusively theirs or that without them, hiphop would not exist. Put aside Tariq. I was reading a thread on here earlier in which a Jamaican in Britain claimed that RnB and House weren't exclusive to AAs!! No other Black culture is accused of being simultaneously cultureless but is expected to have their cultural artifacts to be open to everyone! That's where the disconnect and disrespect comes in.

And those of you who hate Tariq have had a hand in feeding the type of xenophobia he traffics in. When ppl are distorting history and then y'all say that AAs have no right to correct the record, who does that leave the door open for? It's like the border. For decades the left insisted that there was no border crisis, leaving any potential solution to come from the minds of xenophobic right wingers. Y'all failed to push back on these outlandish claims and now a charlatan is offering an extreme solution: to prevent AAs cultural erasure, we will erase or downplay the contributions of non AAs in hip hop. Plus, some of y'all give a weird pass to downgrade and denigrate AA culture and history simply because it occurred in the United States. Other diaspora groups have a similar story but because they live on a beach, speak French/Spanish/patois and eat largely the same foods, they are allowed to claim a culture while AAs are assumed to be cultureless children simply because they cannot trace back their point of origin with 100% fidelity. shyt is mad funny style the way some of y'all moving out here
:yeshrug:

How is this different from Europeans and Asians claiming theyre responsibe for an over 25,000 year history in the hottest part of Africa along the Nile???

How is it Whites get offended when you mention how Black ex slaves ingenuity for invention is unparalleled even to this day??

Telling those same Whites that sqaure dancing is the only form of music we can truly atttribute to them isnt hate but fact.

Everything of significance from Black people the whole world utilizes today will somehow be accredited to someone pale..
Ricans are no different to Arabs and Whites in general, how??
I observed them well enough when I used to live in NY..they'll smile in your face and knife your back. I noticed they gravitated towards Black culture because it was dominant but not because they identified with Black people..

You'll also find that White will accredit a Black creation to Arabs and Hispanics, because once those guys have claimed it the cacs can then come and claim it from them. Cacs use subcacs as trojan horses to steal and pilfer Black property.

And can someone, an informed music historian point out where Black people ever needed anyones help in creating a brand new genre!!! Black people created all music artforms in the US with zero assistance, so why all of a sudden need Ricans to make music?????
Rock, Techno, House, Jazz, Blues, Bluegrass, Country, RnB and Soul were all created by Black people independently.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
but like we all eat tacos. in fact its taco tuesday. you didn't think that one through.
I'm literally born in Latin America bro. It's just jokes. (We eat pupusas though)

5061638-93061a303c0047b68e1d2ef3ed113952.jpg

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
How is this different from Europeans and Asians claiming theyre responsibe for an over 25,000 year history in the hottest part of Africa along the Nile???

How is it Whites get offended when you mention how Black ex slaves ingenuity for invention is unparalleled even to this day??

Telling those same Whites that sqaure dancing is the only form of music we can truly atttribute to them isnt hate but fact.

Everything of significance from Black people the whole world utilizes today will somehow be accredited to someone pale..
Ricans are no different to Arabs and Whites in general, how??
I observed them well enough when I used to live in NY..they'll smile in your face and knife your back. I noticed they gravitated towards Black culture because it was dominant but not because they identified with Black people..

You'll also find that White will accredit a Black creation to Arabs and Hispanics, because once those guys have claimed it the cacs can then come and claim it from them. Cacs use subcacs as trojan horses to steal and pilfer Black property.

And can someone, an informed music historian point out where Black people ever needed anyones help in creating a brand new genre!!! Black people created all music artforms in the US with zero assistance, so why all of a sudden need Ricans to make music?????
Rock, Techno, House, Jazz, Blues, Bluegrass, Country, RnB and Soul were all created by Black people independently.

I am extremely curious as to why your experiences with Ricans was so vastly different than most.
Ricans are usually cooler than even dominicans.

In fact, most blk new yorkers are closer to Ricans than even to Caribbean people
Ricans and Blk Americans been side by side for HUNDREDS of years
yes hundreds
Living together, schools, parties, babies etc etc

Even most importantly, they fought FREEDOM struggles together
Civil rights etc
Many Ricans were/are SUPER militant

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
You guy are positioning this as "Tariq did" "tariq that"

Bro he literally has all the pioneers relevant to early hip hop in this. No other documentary has that, so yes this is indeed the most historically accurate hip hop doc created

And you guys gotta read the thread before coming in. Literally everything was debunked using facts and receipts not just "what aught to be" babble

im trying not to go there. But its almost like you guys think Tariq stood in front of nikkas with a swinging stop watch and hypnotized folks into his agenda :mjlol:

READ THROUGH THE THREAD
Bro, they know this & are being disingenuous & arguing in bad faith. They have issues & hurt feelings with Tariq & don't care what facts they're shown. And it's usually the same goofy weirdo detractors posting the same dumb shyt. If someone else created this doc the exact same way, they'd all STFU & take it for what it is