“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Bro, they know this & are being disingenuous & arguing in bad faith. They have issues & hurt feelings with Tariq & don't care what facts they're shown. And it's usually the same goofy weirdo detractors posting the same dumb shyt. If someone else created this doc the exact same way, they'd all STFU & take it for what it is

A question for you my new york xenophobic friend.

If I cannot see the thread when I am signed in, does that mean I was banned from the thread?
just curious

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all charged as fukk in here.

Nobody said Latinos invented hip hop.
Only that they made contributions at the beginning and along the way.

Some of y'all just angry and bitter in life.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Which nationality/nationalities had a hand in the creation explain @mag357

You called me dumb, so you should be telling me who?
But since your being cordial now, I'll take the invitation.

The nationalities in the streets of NY are responsible for the creation of hip hop.

It wasn't an artist or group of artists.
That's why this conversation is goofy

It's STREET CULTURE.

New York streets are made up of black, Latino and Caribbean people.
It's that simple.

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I can't believe nikkas really fighting over this.

If you're unfamiliar with growing up in the 70s and 80s you may be wrong.

If you grew up in the 70s and 80s you understand what a neighborhood is. You understand the daily activities of a neighborhood.

Were yall neighborhoods segregated?

I must ask people in NY were their neighbors segregated? If they were segregated, sure we can say PRs had nothing to do with hip hop.

But if it were like my neighbors in florida where we all played together...HOW can they not have been there?

So black people and PRs weren't cool in NY? Yall didn't mix and hang?

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
A question for you my new york xenophobic friend.

If I cannot see the thread when I am signed in, does that mean I was banned from the thread?
just curious
You're one of the main goofy detractors in here quoting any & everybody taking away from the topic. I'm not discussing anything with posters like you who argue in bad faith just because you don't like Tariq

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio

The nationalities in the streets of NY are responsible for the creation of hip hop.

It's STREET CULTURE.

It's that simple 2 of 3 are ethnicities what non african american cultures created one of 4 outta 5 elements
Negro 2 of 3 of those are ethnicities what non African american cultures created 4 outta the five elements @mag357

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida

It's STREET CULTURE.

It's that simple.
Perhaps these people come from very segregated places. They've never been to NY. And/or are unfamiliar with 70s and 80s NY.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I am extremely curious as to why your experiences with Ricans was so vastly different than most.
Ricans are usually cooler than even dominicans.

In fact, most blk new yorkers are closer to Ricans than even to Caribbean people
Ricans and Blk Americans been side by side for HUNDREDS of years
yes hundreds
Living together, schools, parties, babies etc etc

Even most importantly, they fought FREEDOM struggles together
Civil rights etc
Many Ricans were/are SUPER militant

Aframs and Puerto Rican only had strong contact since the early 1900s. West Indians have had more contact with Aframs going back to the 1700s. The first Ricans that Aframs bonded with were "dark skinned" and not light skinned trigueno types

Z9x87Fw.jpg

nupu9J7.jpg

UJwzIdN.jpg

HTec6MF.jpg

aAgEGEb.jpg

Rafael Hernández (left) and his brother Jesús Hernandez in uniform.

the light skinned trigueno types and Aframs really didn't rock with each other like that

over time. the YOUNGER light skinned ones started trickling into Afram spaces (Jazz, Doo Wop, Poetry-Theatre, Black Power etc..)

but the elders of those youngsters were still:mjpls:

it showed up and lingered all the way to the late 1970s

The narrative of Blacks and Ricans being super close is more a product of the early 1980s, once the gangs faded away and Ricans migrated into HipHop

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Bro, they know this & are being disingenuous & arguing in bad faith. They have issues & hurt feelings with Tariq & don't care what facts they're shown. And it's usually the same goofy weirdo detractors posting the same dumb shyt. If someone else created this doc the exact same way, they'd all STFU & take it for what it is
Forget Tariq there have been people on this very forum talking about this topic and correcting myths before he even jumped on the bandwagon to the point I even thought he was getting info from here!

That’s kinda the point you keep peddling myths that have been corrected, there weren’t hardly any Puerto Ricans when Hip Hop was birthed in the early 70’s partaking in it according to people who were actually there! But you just say it like it’s a fact because that’s what you’ve been lead to believe, just like we’ve all been lead to believe the genre originated in the Soutn of Bronx as opposed to the west…

The topic is much bigger than Tariq, and I generally haven’t had any problems with Tariqs documentaries anyways.
:stopitslime:
Wrong

I went to the screening and saw the docu.....When I was in that Microphone Check thread and I spoke about discrepancies within the docu....98% of the posters in that thread didn't even see the docu to elaborate. I had an issue specifically when it came to Graffitti and how Graffitti had it's own culture before merging with Hip Hop...No one in that thread addressed anything I was saying concerning the actual docu because they didn't even see it. The thread was just Tariq worship. How could I talk about the docu when the people in the thread who didn't see it wanted to shyt on me for seeing it and pointing out discrepancies??? And the ones who actually did see the docu didn't want to elaborate, they just wanted to shyt on me for pointing out the lil issues I had with the docu and not just doing what everyone else was doing which was sucking Tariqs dikk as is and worshiping him.

And the same thing is going on in this thread, I pointed out a lil issue I had from the actual documentary and I get name called by posters who didn't even see the docu. They don't understand what I'm saying because they didn't even see the docu. So there is no elaboration of the actual docu in these threads only Tariq Nasheed worship. FACTS.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Perhaps these people come from very segregated places. They've never been to NY. And/or are unfamiliar with 70s and 80s NY.

This is the issue and I'm just gonna leave these threads alone.

Social media has made everyone feel like their privy to all information.
nikkaz ain't from NY, never been outside or ain't old enough.

But the epidemic of people putting themselves in NY business and not getting checked is crazy.
That's like me telling people how gangs in LA started.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I can't believe nikkas really fighting over this.

If you're unfamiliar with growing up in the 70s and 80s you may be wrong.

If you grew up in the 70s and 80s you understand what a neighborhood is. You understand the daily activities of a neighborhood.

Were yall neighborhoods segregated?

I must ask people in NY were their neighbors segregated? If they were segregated, sure we can say PRs had nothing to do with hip hop.

But if it were like my neighbors in florida where we all played together...HOW can they not have been there?

So black people and PRs weren't cool in NY? Yall didn't mix and hang?
We weren't cool like that in the 70's & before bro. It's a fact a lot of people like to leave out. I was a little kid in the 80's & even I can remember Latinos & even Africans/Caribbean Blacks wouldn't let their kids play with us Black Americans because they thought we were trouble or a bad influence; and this is well before I was a teen. It wasn't until they liked our "swag" (lack of a better word) & took on our culture is when things got better. They started to assimilate into Black American culture & that goes for Caribbean Blacks too. In the 70's & before, a lot of those latinos were racist AF & would jump Black Americans

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tariq's audience is like an angry cult that believes and "supports" whatever that scammin nikka says or does.

And Tariq is a scumbag con artist who knows all you have to do is make someone feel important and victimized to give up their money.

A bunch of dudes who was not only there but established their names in Hip Hop history tell you Puerto Ricans and Caribbeans was there, day one. But nah, let's believe some scamming nicca from LA or Alabama or whatever tryna sell a shytty low budget documentary that only FoUnDaTiOnAl aMuRiicAns was part of Hip Hops history.

shyt is just sad. Who cares?

This is really what it boils down to. Same play Trump is running. Same play Hitler ran.