“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Maybe he just likes Ricans..Pete Rock isn't old enough to have seen the early days well.

He's as much a HipHop historian as someone speaking on Biggie and Pac born in 2000 :comeon:
He's mad because his claiming Hip-Hop is Jamaican got him torn a new a$$hole online because he won't let it go.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm gonna do some more research, but what exactly determines the factuality of the message?
Eye witness accounts of the people that were there, along with all available evidence. It's as close to iron clad you'll get without a time machine.

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
The Fat Boys were my introduction to Hip Hop back in 1984.

Prince Markie Dee aka Mark Anthony Morales stood out to me at the time because he looked like people in my family.

IMG-8617.jpg

Then it was the movie Breakin which featured Adolfo Quiñones aka Shabba-Doo…

IMG-8618.jpg

So despite who INVENTED Hip Hop, as long as I’ve been around and a part the culture, Puerto Ricans have been involved.

:yeshrug:

Tariq's audience is like an angry cult that believes and "supports" whatever that scammin nikka says or does.

And Tariq is a scumbag con artist who knows all you have to do is make someone feel important and victimized to give up their money.

A bunch of dudes who was not only there but established their names in Hip Hop history tell you Puerto Ricans and Caribbeans was there, day one. But nah, let's believe some scamming nicca from LA or Alabama or whatever tryna sell a shytty low budget documentary that only FoUnDaTiOnAl aMuRiicAns was part of Hip Hops history.

shyt is just sad. Who cares?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Tariq's audience is like an angry cult that believes and "supports" whatever that scammin nikka says or does.

And Tariq is a scumbag con artist who knows all you have to do is make someone feel important and victimized to give up their money.

A bunch of dudes who was not only there but established their names in Hip Hop history tell you Puerto Ricans and Caribbeans was there, day one. But nah, let's believe some scamming nicca from LA or Alabama or whatever tryna sell a shytty low budget documentary that only FoUnDaTiOnAl aMuRiicAns was part of Hip Hops history.

shyt is just sad. Who cares?

If you put the Tariq worshippers from this sites username in the search engine and then type in the Keyword: "reparations" none of them were talking about "reparations" prior to 2019. Absolutely none of them. None of these Tariq worshippers gave two fukks about Hip Hops origin until Tariq told them too. Hands down, the fakest group on The Coli.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Y'all arguing with xenophobes like Tariq and his minions who's sole motivation for making this doc was to "cut tethers lose" are truly missing the point.

They don't care about the accurate telling of the birth of the culture just erasure of characteristics they don't favor. A sanitizing of the origin story if you will. Hip hop an American artform starts as we know it in a space that isn't a vacuum. There were Black people from everywhere but they were in America. Acknowledging "they are there" is not taking anything away. A lot tof the Ricans who participate early are BLACK.

The argument is pointless... Only if you don't know the motivation behind it. Hip Hop culture will not let Tariq retell the story of hip hop to suit himself and omit the details he doesn't like.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Microphone Check got a lot of hit dogs hollering. Tariq went and got people from the very beginning to dispel the 50/50 bullshyt myth about the creation of Hip Hop. The problem people have is that black people are taking ownership and not compromising, and they can't stand when we don't give in. The Puerto Rican DJ saying he tried playing Hip Hop at their parties and was told to turn that shyt off was damaging. Other groups didn't come along until Hip Hop started gaining traction.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Microphone Check got a lot of hit dogs hollering. Tariq went and got people from the very beginning to dispel the 50/50 bullshyt myth about the creation of Hip Hop. The problem people have is that black people are taking ownership and not compromising, and they can't stand when we don't give in. The Puerto Rican DJ saying he tried playing Hip Hop at their parties and was told to turn that shyt off was damaging. Other groups didn't come along until Hip Hop started gaining traction.
:myman::salute:

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
yeah, I remember you saying that over and over and over and then I counted with saying Tariq did not bring the dispora war into hip-hop

Busta Rhymes saying that hip-hop is 100% Jamaican brought this diaspora war into hip-hop

Fat Joe saying hip-hop is 50-50 brought this diaspora war into hip-hop

thereafter to those 2 disrespectful/delusional /diabolical statements made Tariq & others respond ferociously, which was most definitely

So my question to you is, why don’t you want to admit this all started with Busta Rhymes and Fat Joe? SMFH

Man please. Tariq and everyone involved with his astroturf pro-Trump, anti-(black) immigrant hashtag been flinging shyt at everyone for "copying ADOS/FBA music" since day one. Not only Hip Hop, but claiming Afrobeat, Dancehall and other genres as "having ADOS origins" or "copying ADOS" and a bunch other dumb shyt.

Dub was probably the first purely electronic, sample based music genre ever. And this was in the late 1960s. It's so hurtful to bring up their influence on music production leading to immigration to NYC and Hip Hop. But it's so hurtful to acknowledge these things. Meanwhile yall turn right back around and make every claim over Caribbean and African pop music. Narcisstic hypocrites that just can't find peace with anything or anyone.

shyt was better before fukking Tariq diaspora wars and black people can just exchange music and ideas without all this ego-driven bullshyt.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Y'all arguing with xenophobes like Tariq and his minions who's sole motivation for making this doc was to "cut tethers lose" are truly missing the point.

They don't care about the accurate telling of the birth of the culture just erasure of characteristics they don't favor. A sanitizing of the origin story if you will. Hip hop an American artform starts as we know it in a space that isn't a vacuum. There were Black people from everywhere but they were in America. Acknowledging "they are there" is not taking anything away. A lot tof the Ricans who participate early are BLACK.

The argument is pointless... Only if you don't know the motivation behind it. Hip Hop culture will not let Tariq retell the story of hip hop to suit himself and omit the details he doesn't like.

The focus shouldn’t be on Tariq but rather the truth, if Tariq told me the sky is blue I’m not going to disagree with him just because he is a questionable character.

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
You enter all the threads to hate, which is bytch made and weird.

As opposed to you, who enters every politics thread to suck off and defend white supremacost Republicans from any criticism while claiming to hate "both sides." Using manipulative tactics to defend explicit white supremacist politics to black people. Which is VERY bytchmade and weird.

bytch your c00nservative Trump supporting ass is the LAST one I need a history lesson of black culture on. You a borderline Trump worshipping white boy who foesnt gi e a damn about black people. p*ssy.

Sorry for getting off topic, I just hate this aspiring cac dumb nikka so much. Tariq's fans are every bit as much scumbags as himself.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The focus shouldn’t be on Tariq but rather the truth, if Tariq told me the sky is blue I’m not going to disagree with him just because he is a questionable character.
Nah when become what he is. You can never take the focus away from his motives which in this case were his new embrace of xenophobia. He had no issues regarding this in the past and he didn't make this video for the truth simply if that was the case it wouldn't be in dispute with the people who were actually there.