“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
You enter all the threads to hate, which is bytch made and weird.

:duck:

Lies

You're full of shyt & obviously haven't payed attention to anything I have ever said. I've said on numerous occasions I fux with Tariq all day but disagree with him mixing his personal diaspora war with hip hop culture when Hip Hop don't do that. Said the same thing in every thread involving Microphone Check and I'm gonna keep saying it.

You've never seen me in any Tariq threads outside of the one related to the Hip Hop docu he's involved in. I didn't enter that Tariq/Myran thread because Tariq did his thing by eating those podcast weirdos. Had Tommy even bowing down to the man. Classic shyt. DONT LIE ON MY NAME AGAIN. Tariq is my guy but I'm just not fukking with him mixing his personal diaspora war with hip hop culture & I'm gonna stand on that because I dont have to agree with everything the man does.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Three years from now, Tariq is going to find out that the first slaves in Jamestown were probably from Angola. He'll start arguing that Nigerians, Ghanians, and the rest didn't come until later. So then he's going to declare that anyone with Nigerian blood isn't a true "Foundational Black American", only those with Angolan genes are.

vino

Superstar
Daps
You're playing with the outdated "Great Man" view of history that pretends history is a series of major figures emerging out of nowhere to create something totally unique on their own. That's the simplistic shyt you pick up from schoolbook history cause they like easy narratives. Real art, especially music and especially hip hop music, has always been formed by entire communities of people involved together and playing off of each other. There were Puerto Ricans in the b-boy and graffiti scenes before anyone in those scenes even had a public name like that. Guys like Crazy Legs were taught to break dance by Puerto Rican and Black dancers who were older than he was. There were Puerto Ricans grooving in the crowd at those DJ Kool Herc parties - hell, Joe Conzo Jr. took some of the early pictures of the scene cause he was there. DJ Disco Wiz had an impact in the 1970s, but it's not like he was the first Latino to step into the scene, we're never going to know the name of every participant like that. And why do you even care? Seriously, other than a thing to argue over and divide people on, what are you going to get out of this at all?

Again, as I mentioned earlier they weren’t MC’ing or Prioneers of DJ. The 2 things that kept the lights on for hip hop. I never disputed graffiti and bboy. I said DJs were later and that they weren’t rappers . You said instrumental though and he said they had presence. There’s a difference. Plus, they were a part of his crew , they were guest. Hip hop was already formed and Latinos joined the party.

Edit-you know what, I actually don’t even care who get credit anymore. I’m growing to hate this shyt anyway

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
nikkaz asking what P.R. MCs there were.
MCing and rapping isn't one of the pillars of hip hop IMO.

NY got mad nationalities that intermingle. And all of them that were in the streets at the time had their hand in the creation.
Sh*ts a dumb topic, started by people trying to create more division and ain't even from NY
Dumb fukk:scust:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
How would you even know this was the "most historically accurate documentary" if there haven't been any accurate ones previous to this? Are you a hip hop historian? :skip:
You guy are positioning this as "Tariq did" "tariq that"

Bro he literally has all the pioneers relevant to early hip hop in this. No other documentary has that, so yes this is indeed the most historically accurate hip hop doc created

And you guys gotta read the thread before coming in. Literally everything was debunked using facts and receipts not just "what aught to be" babble

im trying not to go there. But its almost like you guys think Tariq stood in front of nikkas with a swinging stop watch and hypnotized folks into his agenda :mjlol:

READ THROUGH THE THREAD
we got cats older than KRS who WERE there, that have already sh1tted on him for fake info/facts

these people weren't there but their testimony proves KRS is teaching false history

to top it all off, KRS knows better

The first generation of HipHop pioneers are people born between 1952-1956

basically, DAMN NEAR 70 year olds!

KRS = August 20, 1965 (age 58 years)

Pete Rock = June 21, 1970 (age 53 years)

THEY WASN'T THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch below for the TRUE 1st GEN of Bronx HipHop history

KRS wasn't there and he teaches false history!

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
nikkaz asking what P.R. MCs there were.
MCing and rapping isn't one of the pillars of hip hop IMO.

NY got mad nationalities that intermingle. And all of them that were in the streets at the time had their hand in the creation.
Sh*ts a dumb topic, started by people trying to create more division and ain't even from NY
This is false. It's one of 4.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
full
This should have been in the first or second post! :mjtf: :pachaha:

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
I NY’ers are generally cool people but their relationship with Hispanics is weird. They really believe that Hispanics endure the same struggle as them, when Hispanics in NY move like white supremacist.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

IT ACTUALLY DOES.

IT MEANS HE COMPROMISED
AND CANT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

HE COULD HAVE EASILY
LISTED THESE RICAN PIONEERS

BUT HE DIDNT BECAUSE THEY DONT EXIST.
:devil:
:evil:

:jbhmm:

Did you watch the actual entire video or were you going by that edited clip?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

IT ACTUALLY DOES.

IT MEANS HE COMPROMISED
AND CANT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

HE COULD HAVE EASILY
LISTED THESE RICAN PIONEERS
BUT HE DIDNT BECAUSE THEY DONT EXIST.
:devil:
:evil:

its worst then that. He still wouldn't know even if they did exist

Its all fueled on "what aught to be" .Feelings and koonbuyae emotions babble not actual evidence

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Tariq isn’t from LA - I’ve been on the internet long enough to remember when he would tell stories about living in Alabama.
Tariq was born in Detroit, moved to Alabama as a child, and then moved to LA when he was 17 or 18. He's spent the majority of his life in Los Angeles so he's essentially from LA at this point. :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH