People who beat TLOU Part 2, what's your rating from playing it?

TLOU Part 2 Score

• 10/10 Masterpiece, negligible issues that doesn't detract from game overall

• 9/10 Must play, very minor flaws

• 8/10 Amazing game but some flaws

• 7/10 Great game but a few issues that knock it down a few pegs

• 6/10 Meh Game. Didn't like it much

• 5/10 Trash game.

• 0~4/10 Dumpster Juice. Neil Druckmann is a hack, ND is forever disgraced

Results are only viewable after voting.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
9 out of 10

I don't give it a 10 because even though the gameplay was quite a bit better than 1 it wasn't some major evolution from the first game.

I keep hearing story/pacing gripes and I have no idea where it's coming from. This isn't the first game to do dual narratives nor is it the first game that ends chapters/days with flashbacks. The story felt paced right and was a gripping narrative.

Daps
Replaying on New Game+ and I would definitely rate this a 7/10 or 8/10 now instead of a 9-9.5/10 like before
No MP
Story after my 2nd playthrough is meh
It's no longer a flawed masterpiece or masterpiece at all to me
Now that I know how it ends the journey feels pointless as hell
Should have been another Joel and Ellie game with Ellie as the main and Joel as the sidekick
The game is missing something and I don't know what it is
Game play is still incredible though but after playing through it the 2nd time, I wish they went another route by just focusing on Joel and Ellie and making me play most or all of the game
as Ellie like they advertised

Last edited:

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Just wrapped the game up this past Friday, so I'm about to run it back and play it this time on neutral. (Yes I'm still salty about Joel, but it is what it is). Now, what I CAN say from the 1st play through, is that this game is no joke. The mechanics, the texture, the environment, the MoCap, the sound etc :whew: 9.9/10

The story?...well it could've been better executed (imo). I feel some cutscenes and flashbacks could've been scrapped, and I think Abby's story should've been played first, so we could get better acquainted with her. I feel like the writer was trying to teach us too many lessons at the same time. I mean yeah, revenge is a "Fool's game" but you shouldn't make us feel bad about it. I 'get' why Ellie spared Abby at the end (in retrospect), but I still disagree with it from a gamer's POV. I feel like I wasted my time nbs lol You mean to tell me, after all of the shyt the game put me through, you (Ellie) decide to let her walk? :why: 5/10

* Now as for Joel, yes my boy was a savage, but I still feel he shouldn't have went out like that lol I would've rather see him go out like John Marston in RDR1

The characters were ok, but some of them seemed better suited for a TV drama rather a videogame series. Jesse was cool, Dina felt like a liability, Lev was strange but badass, and Tommy will always be that dude. The rest were just filler, but I guess they had a purpose. 7.5/10

Overall: 8/10 - The game is outstanding, but if it was up to me the story would be rearranged and some parts would be scrapped.

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
9/10

1. A couple of Abby sections I wasn’t big on, the Warehouses/Boat Yard with Mel, and the hospital basement..mainly because of the big horror section in the hotel being directly before this.

2. The Ending could of been executed better

everything else was amazing

Haven’t played it yet (I plan to) and I’m not saying that his applies specifically for this game but definitely think you can lower your overall rating for a game if the story isn’t up to par:ld:.

However I will say there is a difference between not agreeing with the direction of a story vs shoddy writing/plot holes

a lot of people are struggling with this

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At least the point of the story, revenge, was attained. Part 2 had one of the dumbest endings ever with this forgiveness subversion of expectations bullshyt.
Clem would never

The Entire reason for the plot and overall mission of the first game wasn’t attained either btw, and there are just as many things that point to this being just as much about acceptance/forgiveness than revenge, I don’t think the ending was “Subert Expectation culture” at all.

Daps
The Entire reason for the plot and overall mission of the first game wasn’t attained either btw, and there are just as many things that point to this being just as much about acceptance/forgiveness than revenge, I don’t think the ending was “Subert Expectation culture” at all.
1st game's story was done way better, better character development, better pacing
The ending made sense given the character's habits and personality
No forced messages, characters, etc.
Neil's cowriters, Amy and Bruce who never get credited, are no longer at ND along w/ 70% of the team
His subplots for part 1 were dumb asf until Bruce stepped in
The ending for this is just dumb and the ending is a HUGE part of any story that can't be avoided hence the GOT season 8 backlash
They decided to go MGS2 and subvert expectations and it backfired
They invested all of their development and characterization in Abby, something no one asked for, and tried too hard to try and get you to connect with her in some way, whether it be respect, sympathy, empathy, or understanding, by forcing you to play as her for half the game and still did a so so job given the backlash
The other characters are forgettable filler
Some people loved it but a lot of fans of the 1st game hate it
Not smart trying to get players to appreciate a new character by making her kill a major character in the dumbest way within the 1st two hours, not see her for half the game, then force you to play as her for the 2nd half.
What a dumbass strategy
The entire game felt like one huge attempt to get you to like this new character and rationalize the way they go about it. I didn't wait 7 years for that
It's not just dumb alt right incels which is just propaganda Sony and ND are spreading because they are afraid of the game flopping in terms of long term sales
1st game sold 17 mil

Last edited:
Daps
8/10

The story failed the game.
yep
people have the right to like it but people also have a right to call it out for how mediocre it really is
Neil followed GOT writers playbook replacing character development with MGS2 game layout and shock moments
After finishing the game, characters like Dina, Abby's crew, etc. are forgettable filler

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1st game's story was done way better, better character development, better pacing
The ending made sense given the character's habits and personality
No forced messages, characters, etc.
Neil's cowriters, Amy and Bruce who never get credited, are no longer at ND along w/ 70% of the team
His subplots for part 1 were dumb asf until Bruce stepped in
The ending for this is just dumb and the ending is a HUGE part of any story that can't be avoided hence the GOT season 8 backlash
They decided to go MGS2 and subvert expectations and it backfired
They invested all of their development and characterization in Abby, something no one asked for, and tried too hard to try and get you to connect with her in some way, whether it be respect, sympathy, empathy, or understanding, by forcing you to play as her for half the game and still did a so so job given the backlash
The other characters are forgettable filler
Some people loved it but a lot of fans of the 1st game hate it
Not smart trying to get players to appreciate a new character by making her kill a major character in the dumbest way within the 1st two hours, not see her for half the game, then force you to play as her for the 2nd half.
What a dumbass strategy
The entire game felt like one huge attempt to get you to like this new character and rationalize the way they go about it. I didn't wait 7 years for that
It's not just dumb alt right incels which is just propaganda Sony and ND are spreading because they are afraid of the game flopping in terms of long term sales
1st game sold 17 mil
The ending isn’t dumb, and this is coming from someone who isn’t big on letting Abby live, like I said, there are plenty correct breakdowns who give better reasons to why she let her live, and comparing it to GOT 8 is dumb too, it’s nowhere near that bad...but this discussion has been done to death in the spoiler thread I won’t derail this one

Daps
The ending isn’t dumb, and this is coming from someone who isn’t big on letting Abby live, like I said, there are plenty correct breakdowns who give better reasons to why she let her live, and comparing is to GOT 8 is dumb too, it’s nowhere near that bad...but this discussion has been done to death on the spoiler thread I won’t derail this one
to me it is, and that's all that matters
the game split the fan base and it's because the story is not that great and they made us wait 7 years to play half the game as Abby after advertising Ellie
Would rather play as Ellie even though Abby's sections were fun
people finding all sorts of reasons to explain this mediocre story
If they went about the story better and had better execution, there wouldn't be this large divide and backlash

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
9.4 on my third playthrough

4 milly in 3 days :wow: Abby Lesnar run this shyt now :umad:

54dde7b86eb6e0e767d18ca9adb0892024f04602_00.gif

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to me it is, and that's all that matters
the game split the fan base and it's because the story is not that great and they made us wait 7 years to play half the game as Abby after advertising Ellie
Would rather play as Ellie even though Abby's sections were fun
people finding all sorts of reasons to explain this mediocre story
If they went about the story better and had better execution, there wouldn't be this large divide and backlash
Lol, people aren’t finding all kinds of reasons to explain why they think it’s great like it needs alotta Juelzing, they just think it’s great, and I really don’t think the divide is as big as the initial shyt show of angry youtubers and review bombing made out, there are a lot of people who don’t like certain things, but the people who like/love this are the majority imo

but your reasons aren’t dumb like a lot of people’s either, different strokes really :yeshrug:

Daps
Lol, people aren’t finding all kinds of reasons to explain why they think it’s great, they just think it’s great, and I really don’t think the divide is as big as the initial shyt show of angry youtubers and review bombing made out, there are a lot of people who don’t like certain things, but the people who love this are the majority imo
I disagree
Sales dropped SIGNIFICANTLY since the first week worldwide
Some countries are now forced to offer the game for free to get it out the stores
How divisive the game is will be reflected in its long term sales
If it doesn't sell close to half the 17 mil the 1st game did, Sony will not be happy