People who beat TLOU Part 2, what's your rating from playing it?

TLOU Part 2 Score

• 10/10 Masterpiece, negligible issues that doesn't detract from game overall

• 9/10 Must play, very minor flaws

• 8/10 Amazing game but some flaws

• 7/10 Great game but a few issues that knock it down a few pegs

• 6/10 Meh Game. Didn't like it much

• 5/10 Trash game.

• 0~4/10 Dumpster Juice. Neil Druckmann is a hack, ND is forever disgraced

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
I got everything I wanted out of the game. Better than the original is every way except the story. I was kinda thrown off when you get sent back to Day 1 as Abby but it kinda pays off when you make it back to the theater. Didn't give a shyt about her relationship with Owen and those particular flashbacks did zero for me. Otherwise, I'm happy with it and just started my second playthrough.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wanted to go with 9 out of 10 but the game as a standalone is really about an 8. if you didn't play the 1st one and played this one you probably don't care about most stuff that happens throughout alot of the game.

Game as a sequel is a 9 however. They screw up the story a bit and the game is actually to long but it improves on gameplay and everything else.

Also the game is just a work of art... The attention to detail is top tier

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
10/10 from me. :mjgrin: Judging just the story I say 9/10. I probably would have tweaked how Joel and Tommy got caught slippin' but it's not even a big deal to me. I've seen a lot of revenge theme dramas and IMO TLOU2's story is up there with Kim Jee-Woon's "I Saw The Devil".

Daps
Nothing really stuck out to me as being problematic. Joel got killed because he was lackin and didn't even know why he was being killed, Ellie witnessed it and in an emotional rage wanted revenge. In her quest for revenge, she loses a lot and at the very end while she's about to kill Abby, she stops as Joel in her mind at the moment causes her to reflect and she just lets go. Some people will say "Omg this is stupid! She can kill all these other people and shyt but Abby she let's live!?"
I don't see that as being silly as Abby is literally the one thing she's been on a hunt for since everything started. In her mind Abby is this big brolic bytch that can kill her in a split second but when she finally confronts her, Abby is but a shell of what she thought of in her mind. She gets back to her home and now Dina left her, she's lost two fingers and she probably lost Tommy for the time being and already lost Jesse. I see people saying characters were acting out of character? I'm confused, who was acting out of character? People are ignoring the context of the scenes/story.

Are people forgetting the very context of how things occurred? The beginning of the game when Joel and Tommy finds Abby out in the storm, it wasn't like this was TLOU 1 where they were just outside in the middle of nowhere trying to survive, they had Jackson to go back to. It's been a few years as they said it and they've been mostly peaceful with occasional dealings with infected. To Tommy and Joel, they're like "shyt, thank goodness u guys helped us we would've been dead if it wasn't for you" and they're thinking they about to return the favor and help them come to Jackson. They didn't know those guys were some ex-fireflies with one person in particular with a bounty on Joel's head.
That's a weak excuse. Joel and Tommy are warriors they wouldn't all of a sudden FORGET years of instinct because they are in some safe town. They were also on patrol, so if anything their instincts would be going through the roof. Countless people see the stupidity of that scene but if you don't agree no point of going back and forth about. In terms of other aspects of the story people are critiquing, it comes down to Neil not doing a good enough job of conveying whatever messages he was trying to get across. The game failed in execution for a certain number of people. Playing as Abby for half the game failed to produce the effect Neil was trying to have on certain players as the ending didn't make sense to a lot of people. Her sections were also too long

Last edited:
Daps
I wanted to go with 9 out of 10 but the game as a standalone is really about an 8. if you didn't play the 1st one and played this one you probably don't care about most stuff that happens throughout alot of the game.

Game as a sequel is a 9 however. They screw up the story a bit and the game is actually to long but it improves on gameplay and everything else.

Also the game is just a work of art... The attention to detail is top tier
People saying the gameplay is bad :mjtf:
I can understand people's criticism of the story as people have made valid points

some are obvious trolls

But the gameplay is a step up over the first game in every way
Go back and try to play the clunky mess that is TLOU after playing Part 2:mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
10/10 from me. :mjgrin: Judging just the story I say 9/10. I probably would have tweaked how Joel and Tommy got caught slippin' but it's not even a big deal to me. I've seen a lot of revenge theme dramas and IMO TLOU2's story is up there with Kim Jee-Woon's "I Saw The Devil".
At least the point of the story, revenge, was attained. Part 2 had one of the dumbest endings ever with this forgiveness subversion of expectations bullshyt.
Clem would never

Last edited:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
The only minor issue i have with the game is the length of it.
Feels like i play 2 games in 1 lol. I voted 9/10.

Daps
Gameplay 9/10
Story 3/10
The gameplay fixed all the minor issues with the 1st game, but the story was fukking atrocious and the ending made the entire thing feel pointless.
Gameplay is 10/10 for me with slight pace issues
The story... I don't even know what to rate it yet
Not a fan of the ending either and they tried to pull a MGS2 but this is not MGS2
I enjoyed playing as Abby but not for half the game
ND made a big mistake forcing a character on players
Kojima learned his lesson
They wanted Abby and Lev to be the new Joel and Ellie so bad
Game would have been better off if they went with a good old fashioned revenge story
With Joel going out like a G and you actually...getting revenge :mjlol:
If this game doesn't sell at least close to half as well as the original, ND is going to start looking at Neil funny. I doubt they will make him write the story of the next game by himself he needs another team like the one he had for the first game

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I can understand people's criticism of the story as people have made valid points

some are obvious trolls

Go back and try to play the clunky mess that is TLOU after playing Part 2:mjlol:

Facts

Five, six years from now. Everybody who hates part 2 will replay both games to get ready for part 3, and recap. Nikkas is gonna want to skip part 1 like two hours in, i bet. Even if they do think the story is bad. They'll either say the whole series is overrated, or flip their opinion completely, and say part 2 is the better game, and aged a thousand times better. They'll finally give the gameplay for 2 it's credit. I can't wait for them "Were we wrong about TLOU 2", and "TLOU 2 is underrated" videos.

I'm not trying to bash part 1. I love part 1. But there are some folk claiming part 2's gameplay is either EXACTLY the same, or just a little better than 1's. I don't get how anyone could play both games, and come to that conclusion. Nikkas must of just watched 2 on YouTube or something.

9.5/10, i voted 9/10 Must play

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Facts

Five, six years from now. Everybody who hates part 2 will replay both games to get ready for part 3, and recap. Nikkas is gonna want to skip part 1 like two hours in, i bet. Even if they do think the story is bad. They'll either say the whole series is overrated, or flip their opinion completely ,and say part 2 is the better game, and aged a thousand times better. They'll finally give the gameplay for 2 it's credit. I can't wait for them "Were we wrong about TLOU 2", and "TLOU 2 is underrated" videos.

I'm not trying to bash part 1. I love part 1. But their are some folk claiming part 2's gameplay is either EXACTLY the same, or just a little better than 1's. I don't get how anyone could play both games, and come to that conclusion. Nikkas must of just watched 2 on YouTube or something.

9.5/10, i voted 9/10 Must play
I didn't have a problem with the gameplay in part 1 that much, but my biggest issue with the first one was the game deciding when you could make Joel run. I would be getting shot at and they would make Joel power walk to safety.:mindblown:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

some are obvious trolls

first game gameplay was trash too, people only played it for the story

which is why the hate the game lmao

having a better version of shyt doesn't make it not shyt