Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That's an illusion.
They price houses to where people living in the area think they can afford it.

Yup. And then people from other states who are loaded swoop in and buy up those homes, which screws over the actual workers living in those markets even worse.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Hey at one point in life I was in that bracket that didn't have enough for $500 emergency. I seen it with my mom, grandparents, and other relatives growing up too. But I also knew I wanted better so I made a plan and put my head down to make it happen. It was some months where my boys were going on vacations and out kicking it tough and I wanted to but I had a goal I was working towards. I put that money towards paying off debt and building a savings it wasn't always clean and stuff would come up but eventually I broke through. It's doable you just have to want it. Also avoid pitfalls( kids, bad women, etc ) and it makes it smoother. You see those stats and give up I look at those numbers and say I have to be 1% better than them to be ahead of the curve :yeshrug:
Why assume I've given up. I'm a home owner with kids in one of the most expensive private schools in my State, while living in an expensive part of the US. The difference between you and I is I don't have survivor's bias. I know my path to success isn't repeatable for everyone. I've alway been known as a hard worker, but it wasn't just my effort but help from family, friends, and some people put in my path through divine intervention or dumb luck.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We live in a world where the world's richest people pretend they worked their way from nothing when they nearly all got funding from family. (Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffet, etc.

Not to mention that Bill Gates not only grew up to rich parents in a rich neighborhood and went to private school.....his middle school bought a terminal and programming time in the fukking SIXTIES and taught him how to program when he was just 13 years old. He's plenty smart, but there could be 1000 smart kids in the hood willing to work just as hard as him who still didn't have computers in the 80s, 90s, 00s.....while he was getting programming instruction as a kid in the 1960s.

The differences are crazy. Every person is responsible to their family for their own situation, but it's a lie to talk like the system isn't fukked up and needs to change.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Why assume I've given up. I'm a home owner with kids in one of the most expensive private schools in my State, while living in an expensive part of the US. The difference between you and I is I don't have survivor's bias. I know my path to success isn't repeatable for everyone. I've alway been known as a hard worker, but it wasn't just my effort but help from family, friends, and some people put in my path through divine intervention or dumb luck.
So you've been in this thread whining about how expensive everything is and how it's the extremely wealthy fault for the state of affairs in this country. Only to now state that you're well off, you live in one of the wealthiest parts of the country, and your kids go to on of the most expensive private schools in the state.... sounds to me like you have a spending issue lol

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Survivor ship bias is real.
I got family in jail.
Nodding off drugs.
Baby momma'd/Baby Daddy'd out.
Dead end jobs.

I grind this hard BECAUSE I feel like a survivor.

I still remember working shytty jobs dealing with CACs looking down their nose
at me when I knew I was smarter than them sons of bytches.

I grind hard and look at the game the way I do now because I feel not a single motherfukker is trust worthy
and the only thing that'll hold me down if shyt gets dicey is the almighty dollar.

Brehs gotta get real on here and stop hoping for shyt to get fair cause I don't see it happening in our lifetime at all.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
My brother makes 65k by himself with a stay at home wife and a child with another on the way. I just talked to him and he said that his student loan payments are $0 a month with his household income. That $0 payment counts towards eventual forgiveness on the loan. If you have a plan and live within your means you can position yourself to live comfortably. Not everyone is going to have the condo or the European car. That's where people get messed up thinking that they deserve that lifestyle

You do realize that those income-based repayment programs are brand new programs that haven't been available previously and only work for certain types of loans, right?

And according to this chart, you either have the figures wrong or something else fishy is going on, because this says that family of 3 have to start repaying their loans at $35k, not $65k:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
So you've been in this thread whining about how expensive everything is and how it's the extremely wealthy fault for the state of affairs in this country. Only to now state that you're well off, you live in one of the wealthiest parts of the country, and your kids go to on of the most expensive private schools in the state.... sounds to me like you have a spending issue lol
Nope. It's the ability to see beyond my own circumstances.

Also terms like Rich and Well-off are relative and since I live in New England, I wouldn't consider myself well off just yet.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Tons of bootlickers, scabs, idiots with advanced degrees in shyt that is not an actual representation of intelligence in here.

Probably should have went to school for empathy masters
:mjlol:When I talk about Macro-issues on this website, nikkas will keep talking like it's an individual issue. That's 20-40% in rent and food is everybody. Those layoffs & other job market are affecting everybody. What is happening in america, can't be collectively hussled out of or ignored because "I got mine"
Lot of you nikkas just on here bragging like you dont live in America still. i got mines looking ass but half your family in poverty still. that shyt makes me sick. i wish i would be bragging to a bunch of anonymous brehs and thats my only contribution to a topic on collective wealth and general wellbeing.

I'm trying to build a ladder and lift people up. There's alot of gatekeeping and politics keeping hard working people out of the boardroom and anyone thats been in there knows that shyt. Hard work is important but it doesnt guarantee shyt. And everybody not cut out to be a hard worker, doesnt mean they should have to suffer in a first world country. This kind of mindset is corrosive. Some people have disabilites, health issues they have no control over. It aint about all that. I want good people to be healthy and happy.

Sitting here acting like COVID didnt just wipe out hella hard working people forced to go back to work during the pandemic. shyt is crazy how we're back to this bootstraps mindset after so much bullshyt has occured in this country. Hustling hard and end up like Don Breedan from Heat. Thats no way to live. We should all be looking out for each other.

This shyt is crazy to me man. And they're straight up recommending pathways that they KNOW most people can't take advantage of. There's only so many slots available at elite colleges, there's only so many people who can earn a living from investments because you still have to have the actual laborers working those jobs. The # of people caping for lifestyles of the rich and famous isn't even nearly as high as the # who make it, so you know a lot of these posters are either bootlickers or on some "One day I'm gonna make it, I just know it" sorta shyt. While they have no concern at all for the tens of millions of families in situations where they literally can't make it because they already are maxing out their work and skills and still not covering their bills.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already made it "On paper".
I've made six figures for a few years now.
I'm college educated.
I work at a notable fortune 500 company.
Money wise I'm Mass Affluent and considered on track to be a HNW individual.
Most people in my age group don't even have $100k networth. lol.

Once I close this deal, I'm at $300k worth of assets.
If I can close another before the end of the year I'm at $430k+ in assets.

We ain't all gonna make it but I've said many, many times before on here:

You need to make sure that whatever you're doing, you're putting the odds in YOUR favor.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Survivor ship bias is real.
I got family in jail.
Nodding off drugs.
Baby momma'd/Baby Daddy'd out.
Dead end jobs.

I grind this hard BECAUSE I feel like a survivor.

I still remember working shytty jobs dealing with CACs looking down their nose
at me when I knew I was smarter than them sons of bytches.

I grind hard and look at the game the way I do now because I feel not a single motherfukker is trust worthy
and the only thing that'll hold me down if shyt gets dicey is the almighty dollar.

Brehs gotta get real on here and stop hoping for shyt to get fair cause I don't see it happening in our lifetime at all.
Pretty much breh. But they'd rather sit and complain about why they're not where they want to be in life and point fingers and name call. Nothing in life is fair or guaranteed I'm sure people have slipped through the cracks but a lot of things happening to people that are struggling are due to poor lifestyle choices. So the person that's working a dead end job in their 30s and 40s is a result of their choices. Get some ambition, make a plan, and go figure it out.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The median net worth among ALL black families is 45k. "lol"

Who says "lol" about that shyt? At least you got your user name right.

I fully understand that there are brehs/brehettes that are struggling and that for them they would need a
gargantuan effort to right the ship. So a high income or home ownership are out of their purview and likely
will never be something they attain.

I just know that once I got my life boat, I knew it was my chance to change my life and I hopped on.

I failed out of school, slept on floors, wore donated clothes, held shytty minimum wage jobs, stood in EBT lines, stayed roach
infested apartments, section 8 housing etc.

I told myself from a teen "I will own stocks and real estate".

I got my opportunity to execute on that and now I'm executing.

I'm not laughing at those less fortunate than me btw. I just know the game is rigged and I'm fortunate
enough to have some capital to play.

Like my story is the total opposite of an Ivy League Grad who had the right connects to have a nice, cushy post Graduate
school gig.

I'm an "out the mud" type of breh.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The median net worth among ALL black families is 45k. "lol"

Who says "lol" about that shyt? At least you got your user name right.

These posters literally want America to burn and hundreds of millions of people to die off from mass starvation, just cause they didn't "grind hard enough"