People no longer believe working hard will lead to a better life

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Google average cost of a home in Google or chatgpt and post. I will wait

There is no single housing market, there are markets.
Much like @Ezekiel 25:17 said, it all depends on where you're purchasing a home.
In certain markets like Missouri or Ohio, the homes are much, much cheaper.
And still very affordable relative to the salaries there.
Taking an average which includes the coast cities and metros like NY, raises the total "cost of housing"
much higher than it really is.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Google average cost of a home in Google or chatgpt and post. I will wait

Typical home price in Alabama: $216,637 (63% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $216,637
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 28%
Homes in Alabama are relatively affordable. While the median household income in Alabama is 80% of the national median, the typical home value is ninth lowest in the country, per Zillow.

Typical home price in Arkansas: $196,181 (57% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $196,181
The typical home value in Arkansas is the fifth lowest in the country. Despite the median household income in Arkansas being 26% below the national median, the state has among the most attractive income-to-home value ratios.

Typical home price in Georgia: $314,459 (92% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $314,459
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 23%
Georgia homes are not expensive compared to the typical U.S. home, but they aren't all that affordable either, due to the below-median income in the state.

The typical Kentucky home is 43% cheaper than the typical U.S. home. Despite the median household income in Kentucky being 21% below the median U.S. income, the state has a high income-to-home-value ratio.

Typical home price in Louisiana: $195,544 (57% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $195,544
The typical home in Louisiana is valued at $195,544, just 57% of the typical U.S. home value. That leads to a high income-to-home-value ratio, despite the median household income in Louisiana being 26% lower than the national median.

Typical home price in Michigan: $227,748 (67% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $227,748
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 29%
The typical Michigan home is on the affordable side due to low home values and the median income being close to the national median.

Typical home price in Minnesota: $317,275 (93% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $317,275
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 26%
Minnesota has a typical home value of $317,275, 7% below the typical national home price. With a median household income 10% higher than the national median, homes there are relatively affordable.

Typical home price in Mississippi: $173,657 (51% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $173,657
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 30%
The typical home in Mississippi is $173,657, which is 51% of the typical U.S. home price and second lowest in the country. Although the median income is 71% of the U.S. median, the income-to-home-value ratio is eight highest in the country.

Typical home price in Missouri: $234,589 (69% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $234,589
The typical Missouri home being valued at 69% of the average U.S. house results in an above-average income-to-home-value ratio, despite the median household income there being 13% below the national median.

Typical home price in Nebraska: $245,519 (72% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $245,519
The typical home in Nebraska is priced at $245,519, which is 72% of the typical home value in the U.S. The state has a high income-to-home-value ratio as a result.

Typical home price in New Mexico: $287,752 (84% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $287,752
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 21%
While New Mexico has a typical home value lower than the typical U.S. home price, the median household income in the state is also well below the national median, resulting in a low income-to-home-value ratio and raising affordability concerns.

Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $194,731
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 31%
The typical home in Oklahoma is cheap at 57% of the typical U.S. home price. The median income is low, 80% of the national median, but it's enough to make homes in Oklahoma among the most affordable in the country.

Typical home price in Pennsylvania: $253,342 (74% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $253,342
Pennsylvania has affordable homes, with the typical home price being 74% of the national value and the median household income being almost even with the national median.

Typical home price in South Carolina: $282,385 (83% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $282,385
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 22%
South Carolina is slightly below the national typical home price and median household income, resulting in an average income-to-home-value ratio.

Typical home price in South Dakota: $286,468 (84% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $286,468
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 24%
The typical home value in South Dakota is 16% lower than the typical U.S. home value, while the median income in the state is just 7% below the national median. As a result, homes are relatively affordable.

Typical home price in Tennessee: $304,617 (89% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $304,617
The price of a typical home in Tennessee is $304,617, 89% of the typical U.S. home value. A median household income that is 87% of the national median offsets those low housing costs and results in a below average income-to-home-value ratio.

Typical home price in Texas: $294,566 (86% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $294,566
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 25%
The typical home value in Texas is 14% below the national typical home price. With a median income that is 96% of the national median, the income-to-home value in Texas is just above average.

Typical home price in West Virginia: $154,152 (45% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $154,152
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 35%
West Virginia is the most affordable state to buy a house in, thanks to the typical house there costing just 45% of the typical U.S. house. The income-to-house-price ratio in West Virginia is the highest in the country.

Typical home price in Wisconsin: $279,390 (82% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $279,390
Median household income as a percentage of home value: 25%
The typical home in Wisconsin is valued at $279,390, and with a median income near the national median, the state boasts an above-average income-to-home-value ratio.

Typical home price in Wyoming: $331,232 (97% of typical U.S. price)
Typical single-family home value in the fourth quarter of 2023: $331,232
The typical home value in Wyoming is nearly on par with the national typical home price, and the median income in the state is slightly below the national median, resulting in a slightly below-average income-to-home-value ratio.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I think about this often future doesn’t look good..older millennials and generation the last hope and it’s not looking good

Children naturally CRAVE guidence. If you on point and don't have kids...spend time with your nephews or nieces. Or even random kids in your neighborhood. I do shyt with my kids and their friends often. Some of them come from weak ass families. Their ears are ALL the way open whenever I speak.

I've helped them out a lot. Showed them things their parents should have.

Their parents are probably 2 busy posting on social media or some shyt I can't call it.

But you can REALLY see the difference between kids who have some cool role models and kids who don't.

You don't have to have a biological relationship 2 do that either. When I was in my early 20s I kicked game to neighborhood shorties all the time.

EACH 1 TEACH 1

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
You named the 1% who's.......1% of the population.
When discussing financial success in the US, you can only be discussing a small percentage of the population. 27% of US households make less than $60k/year. That's household income not individuals. In this economy, that's poverty. Today's average household income ($70k) is far below the amount needed ($115k) to buy a home. So when you talk about financial success who are you actually referring to? Those making just enough to buy a home? Go up much further than that and you will be talking about the upper 10%.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Work hard and still end up laid off when boss needs to cut payroll. No, working hard doesn’t guarantee shyt, if you’re working for someone else, do the bare minimum to keep an acceptable rating in reviews and KIM
This

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Nope. Your original comment I quoted was this, "So you're telling me 2 people making 40-50k a year individually wouldn't be able to live in over a majority of this country?" You then brought up your brother, so I gave a specific example of location. It's not a new factor, but factor you brought up. And no the pay increase your bother would get in New England would not cover for his increased cost of living. His wife would also struggle to work as daycare cost are very high here as well. Just like NYC, New England is simply a more expensive area to live in. Most major metro areas are expensive to live in, though.
Last I checked NYC, New England aren't a majority of the country so my statement still stands. A couple making 90-100k would survive in a majority of this country. The median household income isn't even 90k in this country and people are making it. They might not have the most extravagant lifestyle but they're living. I'm not saying the system is fair but the game has been slanted since the beginning why whine about it? Go out there and seize your slice of the pie. If you don't have the drive to do it. You have to live with it

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
You named the 1% who's.......1% of the population.
Less than 1% but he keeps bringing them up to justify his defeatist attitude. Dust yourself off breh. There's too many avenues for a comfortable life to just point the finger at the ultra wealthy as the reason you're not where you need to be. Even if we too their money and distributed it to everyone what would that solve? You'd have a bigger house but still complaining because your neighbors have a pool and you don't.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's true. Working hard for a low-skilled job is more difficult to make it on the same level as people a few decades ago used to.

Working hard to me is going to school, learning new skills, etc. I work hard for myself and my family to make sure I'm going to get paid what I want for the effort put in leveling up

Then take advantage of those skills by leveraging the demand companies have for them in order to demand high pay and call the shots.

Last edited:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Last I checked NYC, New England aren't a majority of the country so my statement still stands. A couple making 90-100k would survive in a majority of this country. The median household income isn't even 90k in this country and people are making it. They might not have the most extravagant lifestyle but they're living. I'm not saying the system is fair but the game has been slanted since the beginning why whine about it? Go out there and seize your slice of the pie. If you don't have the drive to do it. You have to live with it
I'm not whining. Just telling the truth. 63% of individuals can't afford a $500 emergency. Is that making it to you? The average household income is 30% lower than the amount needed to buy the average house. Wake up breh and stop gaslighting people. Finding success doesn't require having survivors bias.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjlol:When I talk about Macro-issues on this website, nikkas will keep talking like it's an individual issue. That's 20-40% in rent and food is everybody. Those layoffs & other job market are affecting everybody. What is happening in america, can't be collectively hussled out of or ignored because "I got mine"

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
I'm not whining. Just telling the truth. 63% of individuals can't afford a $500 emergency. Is that making it to you? The average household income is 30% lower than the amount needed to buy the average house. Wake up breh and stop gaslighting people. Finding success doesn't require having survivors bias.
Hey at one point in life I was in that bracket that didn't have enough for $500 emergency. I seen it with my mom, grandparents, and other relatives growing up too. But I also knew I wanted better so I made a plan and put my head down to make it happen. It was some months where my boys were going on vacations and out kicking it tough and I wanted to but I had a goal I was working towards. I put that money towards paying off debt and building a savings it wasn't always clean and stuff would come up but eventually I broke through. It's doable you just have to want it. Also avoid pitfalls( kids, bad women, etc ) and it makes it smoother. You see those stats and give up I look at those numbers and say I have to be 1% better than them to be ahead of the curve :yeshrug:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
There is no single housing market, there are markets.
Much like @Ezekiel 25:17 said, it all depends on where you're purchasing a home.
In certain markets like Missouri or Ohio, the homes are much, much cheaper.
And still very affordable relative to the salaries there.
Taking an average which includes the coast cities and metros like NY, raises the total "cost of housing"
much higher than it really is.

That's an illusion.
They price houses to where people living in the area think they can afford it.
But they don't tell you in 30 years the inflation is going to be outrageous. How much taxes you will have to pay. Your yearly pay raise won't keep up.
They play the cat and mouse game with all areas. They know what people are being paid in every area.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's literally not an illusion.
There is no single housing market.
Across the board houses are more expensive but different states have different levels
of compensation and different population levels.

So home prices vary wildly.

I know this because I'm directly taking advantage of it. :yeshrug:

I get paid highly on the west coast while investing in the Nations cheaper interior. :yeshrug:

I also don't rely on yearly pay raises and I have consistent smoked inflation by getting a new job every two years or so.

Either way, I'm not worried about compensation because within this decade I expect my investments to match my compensation.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That's fair. I'd still say you're proof hard work leads to a better life. You got an education that most people wouldn't be smart enough or have the discipline to get.

That allows you to coast more now, but as you said had to put in work.

That's iffy. She was test-placed into the best schools in the city as a kid so she had access others didn't get, then went to a school that is famous in elite circles for easy classes and grade inflation. Parlayed that into a relatively easy career where she makes bank (plus works as a landlord on the side) and then brags that she doesn't really identify with poor people and that's why she's more concerned with pushing politics that will help the upper middle class.

There are plenty of people who worked just as hard as her but were never in position to get tracked into the elite as a child and then attend a big name school. People's situations in this country are determined by circumstances to a huge degree.