People no longer believe working hard will lead to a better life

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I think this is where we're having a conflict with posters in this thread.

Anyone who understands that capitalism is fukked needs to be actively working towards whatever will change their situation.

I'm an idealist myself but in 2024, I'm operating in the real world and the real world only.

There is no guarantee that any president, governor or mayor is coming to save anybody, they're appalled at any kind of social
safety net and this has been a problem from this country's CONCEPTION, like from DAY ONE.

SO if we're all operating from the ground rules of "No one is coming to save me", then why aren't most posters in this thread
being honest with themselves ?

To anyone who is dismayed by our lack of progress, you gotta start asking yourself:
How is your financial situation? How much money have you saved? What career do you work in? Where do you want to be?

What is your Networth? What is your GOAL networth? How do you plan to exit the working world?

We can talk about exploitation and the evils of capitalism all day but what's more evil is dying starving in the street hoping
for someone with goodness in their heart to reach out and help you.

Again, there are people on here just not being real and hoping for benevolence from people who have shown themselves
to be comic book villain-tier evil.

It really depends on the organization.

If it's a job that has a lot a processes set in stone and you're just expected to show up, work the processes and go home.
Then working harder is pointless, they will just throw more work at you.

If it's the kind of job where a single worker can have an outsized impact on the performance of the firm (Real Estate Agent, Engineer, Doctor, Lawyer, Business Development-type role etc.)
Your impact is HIGHER and your compensation WILL REFLECT IT or the company can (and frankly WILL) take a big (and unnecessary) financial blow by losing you.
Great post! The military is definitely the former. Everyone from E-1 to O-6 is legitimately replaceable regardless of their quality of work, so SOMEONE has the answer. Be it a retired civilian or a guy from another command, an answer is readily available.

Plus, there are incentives to make someone be at least average (think positive punishment. Kats are quick to write you up and give you EMI [Extra Military Instruction, i.e., bullshyt work to get you to act right] or send you to NJP for being a dirt bag.)

There aren't any real incentives for being a beast at your job UNLESS you also go put in mad work as a volunteer or non-job-related activities within the command. It's to the point where you can be mid at your job in the navy, but be a beast outside of it and fly through the ranks.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I think this is where we're having a conflict with posters in this thread.

Anyone who understands that capitalism is fukked needs to be actively working towards whatever will change their situation.

I'm an idealist myself but in 2024, I'm operating in the real world and the real world only.

There is no guarantee that any president, governor or mayor is coming to save anybody, they're appalled at any kind of social
safety net and this has been a problem from this country's CONCEPTION, like from DAY ONE.

SO if we're all operating from the ground rules of "No one is coming to save me", then why aren't most posters in this thread
being honest with themselves ?

To anyone who is dismayed by our lack of progress, you gotta start asking yourself:
How is your financial situation? How much money have you saved? What career do you work in? Where do you want to be?

What is your Networth? What is your GOAL networth? How do you plan to exit the working world?

We can talk about exploitation and the evils of capitalism all day but what's more evil is dying starving in the street hoping
for someone with goodness in their heart to reach out and help you.

Again, there are people on here just not being real and hoping for benevolence from people who have shown themselves
to be comic book villain-tier evil.

It really depends on the organization.

If it's a job that has a lot a processes set in stone and you're just expected to show up, work the processes and go home.
Then working harder is pointless, they will just throw more work at you.

If it's the kind of job where a single worker can have an outsized impact on the performance of the firm (Real Estate Agent, Engineer, Doctor, Lawyer, Business Development-type role etc.)
Your impact is HIGHER and your compensation WILL REFLECT IT or the company can (and frankly WILL) take a big (and unnecessary) financial blow by losing you.

People just want validation for under acheiving. Putting in work is hard. Life isn't fair. Boo fukking hoo.

its like going to one of those "meetings" for fat people or drug addicts :scust:

shyt or get off the pot smell me