People no longer believe working hard will lead to a better life

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
These posters literally want America to burn and hundreds of millions of people to die off from mass starvation, just cause they didn't "grind hard enough"
The people in charge wanna kill off half the population anyways you been under a rock?!?!:dahell: eugenics planned parenthood. sterilization of black females...they been playing these games...

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lot of you nikkas just on here bragging like you dont live in America still. i got mines looking ass but half your family in poverty still. that shyt makes me sick. i wish i would be bragging to a bunch of anonymous brehs and thats my only contribution to a topic on collective wealth and general wellbeing.

I'm trying to build a ladder and lift people up. There's alot of gatekeeping and politics keeping hard working people out of the boardroom and anyone thats been in there knows that shyt. Hard work is important but it doesnt guarantee shyt. And everybody not cut out to be a hard worker, doesnt mean they should have to suffer in a first world country. This kind of mindset is corrosive. Some people have disabilites, health issues they have no control over. It aint about all that. I want good people to be healthy and happy.

Sitting here acting like COVID didnt just wipe out hella hard working people forced to go back to work during the pandemic. shyt is crazy how we're back to this bootstraps mindset after so much bullshyt has occured in this country. Hustling hard and end up like Don Breedan from Heat. Thats no way to live. We should all be looking out for each other.
Black people should know better than anyone else that working hard doesn't guarantee success. How many hard working slaves died as slaves? How many hard working sharecroppers died penniless? Some of these ni66as talk like modern house slaves. Turning a blind eye to the horrors of slavery just because they got a cozy spot in massa's house.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Notice how all the "work hard" advocates keep adding conditions to their position.

"It's not enough to work hard at your job, you have to climb the ladder to the highest position or else you deserve to suffer"

"You should also move to the middle of nowhere where the cost of living is dirt cheap or else you're just asking to be poor"

"And you gotta choose the right school and the right career field, or else your hard work won't mean shyt"

Either hard work guarantees success or it doesn't. If it did, you wouldn't have to keep moving the goal post.

Yas

Banned
Daps
This is the participation trophy generation. Everyone wants a medal without doing any of the work. I remember growing up my dad telling me as a man you're job is to work hard and you're not gonna be able to take your first vacation until you're in your 40s.

These cats nowadays expect shyt handed to them. I think the bullshyt they follow on social media is a big part of the problem. A lot of people are being lied to daily by their favorite content creators about how wonderful their lives are.
No one wants anything handed to them people just want to see the fruits of their labour. You shouldn't have to work two jobs just to pay rent and waiting to take a vacation until you are 40 is ridiculous. The best solution right now is to be in a career that pays wells however if everyone thinks like that then it will become oversaturated

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
no duh i worked the hardest when I was 17/18 working at a call center like 8 hours a day right after school for 8.50

now i make way way much more and i work from home

I always tell people this.

The hardest I ever worked was at the K-cafe at K-mart for $6.25 and hour when I was in high school. I literally ran the entire restaurant myself. I cooked the pizza, hot dogs, hot sausages, pretzels, chicken fingers, served the customers, washed the dishes, washed the restaurant, made the soda was stocked and did the inventory and put the truck restocks away myself. They only had one worker each day and I did everything myself and since I was the only guy, I was always scheduled when the truck came to restock........I've never worked harder than that and when I got a raise, they bumped me from $6.25 to $6.75.

I made more money DJing, doing sports media and sports betting and haven't worked nearly as hard. I've had 30K on an MLB game.

Yas

Banned
Daps
You forget many $40-50k jobs require a degree today. So while that $90-100k is definitely a livable wage in many parts of the country, you failed to subtract student loan payments. That could be the difference between a couple stacking bread, and paying off debt, to living paycheck to paycheck.
Y'all act like student loans is mandatory if you go to a community college and state uni you really aren't paying that much extra bonus if you have a scholarship or fafsa. I have tried so many different majors before I went into nursing and I paid nothing.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I always tell people this.

The hardest I ever worked was at the K-cafe at K-mart for $6.25 and hour when I was in high school. I literally ran the entire restaurant myself. I cooked the pizza, hot dogs, hot sausages, pretzels, chicken fingers, served the customers, washed the dishes, washed the restaurant, made the soda was stocked and did the inventory and put the truck restocks away myself. They only had one worker each day and I did everything myself and since I was the only guy, I was always scheduled when the truck came to restock........I've never worked harder than that and when I got a raise, they bumped me from $6.25 to $6.75.

I made more money DJing, doing sports media and sports betting and haven't worked nearly as hard. I've had 30K on an MLB game.

I would have had crazy palpitations on a 30k bet :heh:

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
A woman just left our company in February after17 years. She was a very hard worker. Thought unquestioned loyalty and dedication to the company would get her to where she wanted to be. She just ended up getting used. Whenever someone needed coverage they went to her. Someone needed an extra hand on a project, they went to her. Needed someone to stay late…her. From time to time she would be vocal about her compensation package being bullshyt and being under appreciated. She finally got the courage to leave and now she’s at another company. I don’t have specifics but a friend of hers still with us says she’s very happy.

TL;DR

Do your work within the allotted time and take your ass home. :ufdup: