People no longer believe working hard will lead to a better life

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
This is the participation trophy generation. Everyone wants a medal without doing any of the work. I remember growing up my dad telling me as a man you're job is to work hard and you're not gonna be able to take your first vacation until you're in your 40s.

These cats nowadays expect shyt handed to them. I think the bullshyt they follow on social media is a big part of the problem. A lot of people are being lied to daily by their favorite content creators about how wonderful their lives are.
:skip:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Man the biggest issue with y'all work hard mfs is that it's like you completely ignore the luck factor to it all. All it takes is two timely setbacks in your building phase and even the hardest working individual is fukked if they don't come from money to weather those storms.

Government is supposed to help you during those setbacks but it seems to be a force of nature that creates the conditions for those setbacks to occur.

In order to receive luck you have to put in work.

You can't sit on the couch playing ps5 everyday and expect to get lucky.

Those who get lucky are outside making constant moves until something hits.

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It won't...and it never did. Some of the hardest working people in society are broke. People are working 2 or 3 jobs just to afford the basics. That shyt was something rich people came up with to convince everyone else to work harder for them.

Don't work hard. Work smart.

Ehh, it's kinda both ways.

Some ppl workes hard to rise up thru ranks. Others didn't have to.

It's better to say work hard as a habit than to not work hard and think things will be handed to you. That only happen when you know the right ppl

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
So you're telling me 2 people making 40-50k a year individually wouldn't be able to live in over a majority of this country?. That's a combined 90-100k if they lived modestly, they could stack bread, pay off debt, and buy a home with a deposit.
You forget many $40-50k jobs require a degree today. So while that $90-100k is definitely a livable wage in many parts of the country, you failed to subtract student loan payments. That could be the difference between a couple stacking bread, and paying off debt, to living paycheck to paycheck.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
If you hadn't moved up up the ladder in 14 years, can you really blame the system?
Breh really used someone working at a job at the mall for 14 yrs as an example...I think whoever that person is exactly where they want to be if they haven't elevated beyond that :francis:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps

Those get lucky are outside making constant moves until something hits.
Until you get hit by a drunk driver and your racist boss works to get you fired in your absence in the middle of a hiring recession, and now you got a 6 month work gap to explain on top of mounting medical and mortgage bills.

Now you're fukked because people like Ezekiel 25:17 are gonna just tell you to work harder instead of advocating for stronger social safety nets during downturns like this. Because hey, you should have been more aware of your surroundings and you also should have worked hard to job hop ASAP instead of settling for working underneath a racist waiting for your downfall. You knew good and well you were done once you fukked up under him. That's a you problem.

And let's not forget you're likely gonna have to work 5x's as hard for the next 10 years just to get back to where you were before you had your two timely setbacks. Forget about getting ahead for the next decade of your life or feeling like you're doing anything but surviving/keeping your head above water.

Last edited:
Daps
How old are you? I know people that obtain their MS and then go to professional school for Medicine or Law. The starting salaries of a Medical Professional or Large Firm associate, more than make up for the time spent.

I know an OB GYN who just came out and is making $280k. Only way you’re seeing that money in any field other than medicine or law in your 30’s is if you become a VP at a major bank, are a senior tech associate, or start your own company and have it succeed. I have a BS and MBA and am just under $200k. Not going to go much higher either, but my friend is going to end up making close to $500k a year by the time he’s 40 if he works hard.

Plus, you can start your own practice in either of those fields and earn millions.
you're talking about a life style less than 10% of americans will ever achieve...

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
You forget many $40-50k jobs require a degree today. So while that $90-100k is definitely a livable wage in many parts of the country, you failed to subtract student loan payments. That could be the difference between a couple stacking bread, and paying off debt, to living paycheck to paycheck.
My brother makes 65k by himself with a stay at home wife and a child with another on the way. I just talked to him and he said that his student loan payments are $0 a month with his household income. That $0 payment counts towards eventual forgiveness on the loan. If you have a plan and live within your means you can position yourself to live comfortably. Not everyone is going to have the condo or the European car. That's where people get messed up thinking that they deserve that lifestyle

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps

Those who get lucky are outside making constant moves until something hits.
Nepotism doesn't require working hard at all. I put it under the same group as Luck. I've known several people put on not be a direct family member, but a friend of the family. Its a daily occurrence in family businesses, and only the ignorant thinks family businesses are limited to small mom and pop businesses either.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Nepotism doesn't require working hard at all. I put it under the same group as Luck. I've known several people put on not be a direct family member, but a friend of the family. Its a daily occurrence in family businesses, and only the ignorant thinks family businesses are limited to small mom and pop businesses either.

Yeah but it's not like that makes up a majority of financial success. A lot of people gotta grind from the gutter, especially black folks.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly. people are really posting charts of how it was back in the day VS now. For who I'm not sure.

Lyfe has never been "easy" ever.
I don't know where these posters come from or what lie people told them. When were we ever supposed to just be handed anything :russ:
Tbh breh, I strongly believe anyone who says/thinks it was "Easy" in the past does not have Black Ancestry.

Like, anyone on this website who's a millenial or even an older Gen Z likely has Grand Parents or Parents who lived through segregation
and the open acceptance of the American Caste system.

If they come from that back ground (any kind of Black AA, Carribean, African etc.), they KNOW what time it is.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Tbh breh, I strongly believe anyone who say thinks it was "Easy" in the past does not have Black Ancestry.

Like, anyone on this website who's a millenial or even an older Gen Z likely has Grand Parents or Parents who lived through segregation
and the open acceptance of the American Caste system.

If they come from that back ground (any kind of Black AA, Carribean, African etc.), they KNOW what time it is.

check the 3:17 mark breh. prolific shyt.

long live NIP :blessed:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
My brother makes 65k by himself with a stay at home wife and a child with another on the way. I just talked to him and he said that his student loan payments are $0 a month with his household income. That $0 payment counts towards eventual forgiveness on the loan. If you have a plan and live within your means you can position yourself to live comfortably. Not everyone is going to have the condo or the European car. That's where people get messed up thinking that they deserve that lifestyle
You brother's setup definitely won't work in New England where I live. Regardless of his frugality, it's a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle here. There are more than a few metro areas where $65k for a wife and 2 kids is a struggle life with or without student loans.

I personally think the "Live within your means" argument is irrelevant to the topic of how far your effort alone gets you. It's nothing more than gaslighting by a generation that was suppose to make things better for the ones that come after. 50+ years of stagnant wages and rising cost of living based on local and federal legislation pushed by that same damn generation currently doing the gaslighting.