People having kids before they acquire wealth is backwards thinking

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i see both sides. it's pretty hard living on current minimum wage most places. but at the same time, and the economists can correct me if i'm wrong, wouldn't increasing minimum wage indirectly increase the cost of living? more people having more money means businesses can charge more since there will be more demand for different things. Plus some smaller businesses would go under if they cant afford to pay the new minimum wage.

You’re not supposed to “live” on the minimum wage. It’s just the lowest an employer should pay you for your work.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Do y'all sit back and listen to yourselves? I mean that's not everyone's aim and people aren't fortunate enough to have a means of being in position to chase that sort of dream.

OP what kind of work do you do? Y'all guys obsess over living the perfect life--there is no fukking perfect life!

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree. You should be working multiple jobs when you are young and grinding your way up. Not when you got 3 kids and a mortgage.

Also, can we stop this you talk like white people nonsense? Having kids is a choice you make not something ofrced upon you.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
i see both sides. it's pretty hard living on current minimum wage most places. but at the same time, and the economists can correct me if i'm wrong, wouldn't increasing minimum wage indirectly increase the cost of living? more people having more money means businesses can charge more since there will be more demand for different things. Plus some smaller businesses would go under if they cant afford to pay the new minimum wage.

Yes in this current economic state, there is no feasible way for the minimum wage to keep up with the rate of inflation.A higher minimum wage that is adjusted to keep up with inflation will result in higher underemployment and unemployment.And thus an increase in government subsidies which means an increase in income taxes for mainly the those in the middle spectrum when it comes to income.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I had this argument with my friend. Do I think the poor should be penalised for having children? Absolutely not.

Does being wealthy mean you’re more capable of being good parents than those in a financially unstable position? Again no.

What I will say however, there are people who keep on having children knowing damn well they can’t afford them and they expect everyone else to pick up the tab. This isn’t some republican attack on people on welfare. It’s common sense and for some reason, it’s becoming more acceptable.

I know I won’t have children until I find someone who I’m not only compatible with but is also financially stable like me. It’s not about being wealthy, it’s about being smart.
Yeah I agree folks in their feelings like Drake over "wealthy" but if you weren't youd be logical enough to understand what dude getting at. You can always have money issues but you should at least be comfortable money wise before having a kid because if you're not its going to be that much harder to make any moves when you have another life to take care of. I don't know what the exact number is but each person knows how they are living now and then add in the kids new bills on top of that. How much is the added expenses affecting your life. If its too much maybe now isn't the time for a kid. You don't have to be a millionaire/hundred thousandaire but I'd think cats would want to be comfortable not just for themselves but for their kids also.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
usually true but depends on the person

i know a dude that was a useless plug in society
living out of his moms house and partying daily

knocked up a girl he was seeing
realized "oh fukk" -- got a job in insurance sales

5 years later he hes living in a 2,500 sq ft home
driving a nice 5 series BMW

some cats need a fire lit under they asses and sometimes kids do that

That happens in a SMALL fraction of the people. Most people let p*ssy control them and be like :yeshrug: when in pregnancy, and then panic AFTER the baby is born with expenses.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Having children isn’t a right. People need to stop acting like you’re entitled to have children. They’re your responsibility first and foremost. Stop complaining about how difficult it is like you were forced to have them.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
so what did u open up a business for? to make money or to be of service to the community?

To make money :dahell:

You don't have to open a business to be of service to a community :snoop:

And any business that pays local taxes (which is the majority of them) are of service to the communities they are in whether they employ people or not :yeshrug:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You think falling back on Liberal ideologies would save you :skip:

"I should have a kid whenever I want, the government should have my back"

Look at the stats, whites are also suffering from this also. You think if they don't give a fukk about whites, they'll give a fukk about you as a Black person?

nikka WAKE UP
I was agreeing with you until you went on this weird rant.
Its not "liberal ideology."
Having kids before you can afford them is an incredibly stupid decision, but there are quite a few reasons why unplanned children is a far bigger problem for the poor than for the wealthy.
Either there will always be a large sect of the population that should not have kids, or a complete reworking of the socio-economic system in the US needs to be implemented, and I'm going with the latter.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
I agree. You should be working multiple jobs when you are young and grinding your way up. Not when you got 3 kids and a mortgage.

Also, can we stop this you talk like white people nonsense? Having kids is a choice you make not something ofrced upon you.

breh it is scary because they have 30 years to pay off their mortgage and I do not think that they will not be able to pay it off and shyt is going to get ugly during the next official downturn.And since they are unable to afford the up keep which is fundamental to not only have a budget to cover the plumbing and roofing but to do checks to ensure that the property is in a good resalable condition.Motherfukkers are getting mortgages but yet they do not know the difference between freehold or leasehold.

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Read what evidence? The govt has been giving the poor money since FDR and we still have widespread poverty. Having kids you can't afford almost guarantees they will grow up to live in poverty. Most of your "evidence" boils down to appeals to emotion and ad hominem attacks :yeshrug:
In dudes defense he mentioned Fox News after the guy he was responding to has been saying dude was a liberal. That's why he said you jumped in half way not knowing whats going on.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think that overpopulation is now such a thing. There are no such thing as infinite resources in a limited amount of livable land. People cant be having 4 to 10 kids for generations on end amd expect the quality of living to be the same. This aint the 50s no more.
Overpopulation is not a legitimate worry.
Nor will it be for quite some time.
Especially here in the US. :mjlol:

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone is not meant to be wealthy.

It’s always the people with $45.16 in their bank accounts talmbout some wealth.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
A cycle of piling on more debt and more debt which creates a permanent underclass.Do you think these young parents will have savings and pensions?

What?!? Man I use to mess with one that had 2 kids 2 different BD’s

and she STAYED begging me for money, begging somebody else for money on the phone, stayed calling her EBT and child support debit cards..life ruined. She better hope to hit the lottery :usure: