People having kids before they acquire wealth is backwards thinking

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eh, wealth is subjective and most people will never attain it. I do agree you should be "comfortable" financially and have some sort of career or at least a set of employable skills before you consider children. However, money IS NOT the most important thing to consider when having children. A solid "village" is way more important than money will ever be. You need mental, emotional, spiritual and physical support more than you'll need finances. There will NEVER be a good time, just a good enough time and people will come through just fine.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Eh, wealth is subjective and most people will never attain it. I do agree you should be "comfortable" financially and have some sort of career or at least a set of employable skills before you consider children. However, money IS NOT the most important thing to consider when having children. A solid "village" is way more important than money will ever be. You need mental, emotional, spiritual and physical support more than you'll need finances. There will NEVER be a good time, just a good enough time and people will come through just fine.
For sure

Somebody

All Star
Daps
I mean they tried the minimum wage experiment in Seattle. What happened? Employers wound up cutting hours and firing people to cover the higher labor costs :yeshrug:

Then they'll say, "we should make a law that forbids employers from firing people and cutting their hours!" Then all the employers leave :yeshrug:

It makes no sense to antagonize business... especially SMALL business. Everyone wants to make money and business owners are reasonable. Most want to treat and pay their employees fairly but they have to make money too. I don't get why liberals don't understand that. They keep making business the enemy and then wondering why they make zero economic headway :yeshrug:

so what did u open up a business for? to make money or to be of service to the community? maybe both:krs:

part of being of service to the community is employing people. if those ppl’s jobs aren’t worth anything, then guess what, neither is your business.

try automation. human labor is one of the biggest expenses a company can take on with or without government intervention, hence slavery being a thing. business has always been intrinsically about ppl and communities. that’s why mcdonalds has those cheesy commercials about being of service to the community. it comes off as cheesy cause their motives are specious. they just want power and wealth. those business decisions will always ruin ppl, the thing businesses are actually about. :ld:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Because ppl (myself included and probably you also) are dumb

It's a waste of time trying to figure out why ppl do dumb sh1t, cause dumb sh1t is actually in our nature. The dumbest person today with Downsyndrome would have been Einstein status when compared to our Homo Erectus ancestors. Dumb is the default instinct, it's something u must evolve past though. Not everyone does that at the same time and rate tho.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
u might have common sense, but not comprehension skills as your response to what i said makes no sense

and guys like bill gates are openly thinking of ways to reduce the population in africa kind of like what they do to the resources there.

the elite made it so the educated avoid having kids. so when the uneducated end up being the ones to reproduce themselves, the elite are going to need something to offset that dumbass idea of brainwashing through higher education.

fact is poor ppl don’t care to assimilate as much and are happy with the power and camaraderie from within the confines of their home. educated ppl today are more lonely n miserable now more than ever. but if happiness to them means not believing they’ll be wealthy enough to “comfortably” raise kids, then natural selection picked the progenitors of the human race and surprise, it didn’t pick the ones who fit the bell curve’s definition of intelligence.:comeon:

Life is more than having kids and financially struggling. Peole who dont have actual hobbies, interests, and other forms of personal development and think that kids comes before anything else. Without goals, without ambition, without vision.

The movie Idiocracy is the truth about this.

Imagine if some people biologically lost the ability to have kids, what would they do? Commit suicide, or make the most out of life and to improve the quality of living for others?

Some people are just selfish.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I watch all my classmates from high school that had kids raising a bunch of rambunctious teenagers :snoop:

all of them working bullshyt jobs, going to school or BACK to school, just running around out here lost trying to figure it all out

it's sad but definitely was predicted :manny:

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
you've probably been watching from the comfort of your home, some youtube videos, the occasional article, without kids, decent education, etc. while other people never had much of a chance or the environment to acquire wealth, education or anything people like us take for granted.

That's a naive thing to say. My mom raised me and my brother in the hood by herself making 36k a year. It's not the worst situation but it wasn't easy. I was the first in our family to go to college and to pursue a career.

I'm just at the point in my life where I call it how I see it. Ppl need to take responsibility for their bad decisions. Some ppl are just fukk ups and will make dumb decisions regardless of their environment or income. Money can't stop ppl from making poor decisions.

yyy

All Star
Daps
Lol at debating the minimum wage in this thread. That won't do anything to help these people. One ladies husband is a Microbiologist. The issue that these videos highlight is the rapidly increasing cost of living in certain cities. These people could easily move and be just fine, but they don't want to. If you want to talk about poverty don't post income inequality videos.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you don’t believe in minimum wage increase because people have families to feed?

:patrice:
i see both sides. it's pretty hard living on current minimum wage most places. but at the same time, and the economists can correct me if i'm wrong, wouldn't increasing minimum wage indirectly increase the cost of living? more people having more money means businesses can charge more since there will be more demand for different things. Plus some smaller businesses would go under if they cant afford to pay the new minimum wage.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol at debating the minimum wage in this thread. That won't do anything to help these people. One ladies husband is a Microbiologist. The issue that these videos highlight is the rapidly increasing cost of living in certain cities. These people could easily move and be just fine, but they don't want to. If you want to talk about poverty don't post income inequality videos.
that's what i'm thinking too. but i understand it's hard to move when you have a job where you accumulated seniority, benefits, etc. sometimes in life you still gotta take a risk and bite the bullet...

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
I watch all my classmates from high school that had kids raising a bunch of rambunctious teenagers and :snoop:

all of them working bullshyt jobs, going to school or BACK to school, just running around out here lost trying to figure it all out

it's sad but definitely was predicted :manny:

A cycle of piling on more debt and more debt which creates a permanent underclass.Do you think these young parents will have savings and pensions?

who killin it?

the fakes get exposed
Daps
usually true but depends on the person

i know a dude that was a useless plug in society
living out of his moms house and partying daily

knocked up a girl he was seeing
realized "oh fukk" -- got a job in insurance sales

5 years later he hes living in a 2,500 sq ft home
driving a nice 5 series BMW

some cats need a fire lit under they asses and sometimes kids do that