“People are democrats until they grow up” - Is this true

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
it's not about growing up but more about specifics and who has your best interests. black republicans are usually conservative and is focused on business.. democrats isnt as much...:manny: Also now we see that democrats are focused on pushing immigrants front and center throwing them in black neighborhoods republicans are not. but dont get it twisted BOTHSIDES are a$$holes and now i foremost dont like either...:beli:
Yep. There is nothing wrong with pointing out the :demonic:of Both Sides of white supremacy, friends.

Last edited:

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
I'm becoming more conservative the older I get but that has more to do with how nuts the libs have become. The center right Republicans needs to speak up against the Trumpers more before I can pivot their way. Until then I'm center left.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Black people should be waking up to becoming #BothSiides.

I get it. It’s hard to change something you’ve been indoctrinated to do your whole life.

Black Democrats are like Black people who were raised in broken single baby mama households.

Black #BothSiders are like Black people who were raised in strong Black Patriarchal 2 parent middle class households.

Black Republicans are like Black people who were adopted and raised in racist/white supremacist households.

Wouldn’t you rather be in a Black Patriarchal 2 parent household, friends?
:blessed:

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It‘s the opposite. Growing up is swallowing the pill and accepting that Democrats are the best political option for black folks.

Look.

Becoming conservative is one thing. I get it. I've become more conservative myself. But voting for Republicans isn't the answer. Look at the way they act on Twitter. They hate us. The past few years has been assault after assault on black people from CRT to DEI. Being conservative is one thing, but voting Republican is another. Our only real options are acquiescing from voting to flex muscle or vote Democrat.
How are you more conservative

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I was a Democrat at 14, but I'm a more firm Democrat in my mid-twenties. My military service has reinforced my political associations.

A lot of the safety nets that the military has should be available in the civilian sector (affordable housing, guaranteed meals, low-cost / free financial counseling, low-cost universal Healthcare, etc.)

In short, the government should be directly responsible for making sure that people aren't out here struggling and shyt. Raise my taxes, I don't give a damn.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I was a Democrat at 14, but I'm a more firm Democrat in my mid-twenties. My military service has reinforced my political associations.

A lot of the safety nets that the military has should be available in the civilian sector (affordable housing, guaranteed meals, low-cost / free financial counseling, low-cost universal Healthcare, etc.)

In short, the government should be directly responsible for making sure that people aren't out here struggling and lit. Raise my taxes, I don't give a damn.

This sounds great but the govt doesnt give af for poor americans out here struggling :heh: we all cannon fodder and numbers on a sheet to them...

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
How are you more conservative

My experience is the opposite of @HabitualChiller I used to be a progressive and moved from a red state to NYC in my 30's and realized that a lot of liberal/progressive ideas don't work. Well, that's false. They do and they don't. For example, in NYC they'd invest 2-3 billion dollars in homeless care but we'd have endless homeless on the streets begging for money, assaulting people, killing people especially during the pandemic. So it felt like my taxes weren't going into anything actually working. That's 2-3 billion in NY tax payer money doing something that seems pointless and fruitless for a sector of the community that didn't seem to want any help. On the flip side, NY state has vastly better medical healthcare options than any red state I've lived in and being granted medicare and other medical help with access to world class facilities was such an amazing sign of progress for me and showed me that paying higher taxes for medical care was definitely a worthwhile venture.

I realized a lot of liberal solutions is to just throw money at an issue. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn't.

So some views were challenged, some were confirmed. Ultimately I'm more socially conservative though and think better security on the border would be fruitful especially regarding the protection of black American jobs. I've also gotten more religious and think it's a man's job to provide and don't believe in things like 50-50 and adhere to strict gender roles.

So while I'm more socially conservative I'm kind of still more economically liberal but not as progressive as I used to be as I can admit things like the welfare state have harmed the black community by making baby mommas believe they can get pregnant and rely on the government. I think the Democrats have the best answers to these questions at this time even though I don't fully agree with them (especially on stuff like the lgbt issue). Racists and anti-black rhetoric is a non starter.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Seems like a grocery list of things that young people want or need.

Why do you care if kids get to stay on health insurance until they're 26 if you are 46?

Why do you care about the child tax credit when your kids are all over 18 and ineligible?

Free school lunch? :mjlol:

Abortion rights when your wife is going through menopause? :mjlol:

You got a mortgage and a business how much time do you have to think about Israel?

:mjlol:

Older people have different issues and priorities. It's okay to acknowledge that. It doesn't make young people dumb for voting their interests. But let's me honest.

1. Maybe if you have kids/nieces/nephews over 18 that are either in college or working an entry level job that doesn't have health insurance. Hell, if you're a business owner that hires young folks this will help as well. This also somewhat addresses point 2.
  2. See above, and also you probably have family members with kids under 18 who would benefit from this.
  3. See #2 above, and ensuring all kids have healthy school lunches regardless of their parents' income is a good thing.
  4. You probably have family members who may need abortion services.
  5. I have both. I admit I'm not well versed on Israel/Palestine but I care about people dying unjustly, and the US is already involved. It's a complex situation but passively allowing genocide is unconscionable.
You don't sound like an O.G.; you sound like an old, selfish a$$hole.:francis:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

In short, the government should be directly responsible for making sure that people aren't out here struggling and lit. Raise my taxes, I don't give a damn.
government only cares about those who can contribute to GDP and are middle class, not folks who are living off subsidies

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The problem is that that GOP is run by sycophants and sociopaths.

They get rid of the Trumps and the Mitch's and the Jim Jordan types and you'll see a change.

Your friend group being liberal doesn't mean all Black people are.

Black people vote Democrat because the alternative is suicidal.
These people have ALWAYS been there, at least for the past 60 years. The Republican party has always been nothing but a moderate veneer smeared on Nazis and klansmen.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
My experience is the opposite of @HabitualChiller I used to be a progressive and moved from a red state to NYC in my 30's and realized that a lot of liberal/progressive ideas don't work. Well, that's false. They do and they don't. For example, in NYC they'd invest 2-3 billion dollars in homeless care but we'd have endless homeless on the streets begging for money, assaulting people, killing people especially during the pandemic. So it felt like my taxes weren't going into anything actually working. That's 2-3 billion in NY tax payer money doing something that seems pointless and fruitless for a sector of the community that didn't seem to want any help. On the flip side, NY state has vastly better medical healthcare options than any red state I've lived in and being granted medicare and other medical help with access to world class facilities was such an amazing sign of progress for me and showed me that paying higher taxes for medical care was definitely a worthwhile venture.

I realized a lot of liberal solutions is to just throw money at an issue. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn't.

So some views were challenged, some were confirmed. Ultimately I'm more socially conservative though and think better security on the border would be fruitful especially regarding the protection of black American jobs. I've also gotten more religious and think it's a man's job to provide and don't believe in things like 50-50 and adhere to strict gender roles.

So while I'm more socially conservative I'm kind of still more economically liberal but not as progressive as I used to be as I can admit things like the welfare state have harmed the black community by making baby mommas believe they can get pregnant and rely on the government. I think the Democrats have the best answers to these questions at this time even though I don't fully agree with them (especially on stuff like the lgbt issue). Racists and anti-black rhetoric is a non starter.
I’m not reading all of this