“People are democrats until they grow up” - Is this true

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
There are more registered Democrats in the country than Republicans and Republicans have won the popular vote once in like the past 30 years. If not for the Electoral College, Republicans would hardly win modern elections.

Go back and learn civics instead of asking dumb questions on the Coli

Last edited:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This sounds great but the govt doesnt give af for poor americans out here struggling :heh: we all cannon fodder and numbers on a sheet to them...

The best lies have just enough truth to hide the smell of bullshyt. :francis:

Learn the difference between active harm and passive neglect. You seem to think their equal but they're definitely not.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
  1. Maybe if you have kids/nieces/nephews over 18 that are either in college or working an entry level job that doesn't have health insurance. Hell, if you're a business owner that hires young folks this will help as well. This also somewhat addresses point 2.
  2. See above, and also you probably have family members with kids under 18 who would benefit from this.
  3. See #2 above, and ensuring all kids have healthy school lunches regardless of their parents' income is a good thing.
  4. You probably have family members who may need abortion services.
  5. I have both. I admit I'm not well versed on Israel/Palestine but I care about people dying unjustly, and the US is already involved. It's a complex situation but passively allowing genocide is unconscionable.
You don't sound like an O.G.; you sound like an old, selfish a$$hole.:francis:
1.I have kids, nieces and nephews over 18 and I totally expect them to vote their interests and not mine.

2.See above

3. The ensurance that kids are healthy and fed is the fathers job. But apparently we've lost our way.

4. Why would I want the branches on my family tree to be cut off before they have the chance to grow?

5.Cool. You're a good ally. I hope your efforts are reciprocated

You sound like someone that is heavily influenced by Marvel.

:francis:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You sound like someone that is heavily influenced by Marvel.

:francis:

"With great power must also come great responsibility."

"The wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers."

"When someone tells you to move, you plant yourself like a tree on the riverbanks of truth and say, 'No. YOU move.'"

You're damn right. :youngsabo:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I'd say an adult has a lil bit of both in them...

There's things I side with democrats on, and there's things I can't deny the Republicans are right about.

So as an adult I'm both neither and both, depends upon how it benefits MY family.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
some white kids were dems as a form of rebellion against repub dad and mom. yeah they grow up to follow in their parents footsteps and fall in line.

most black folks have always known repub policies intentionally work against progress for our people.

...repubs support expanded immunity and lower accountability for law enforcement fukkups.

...they lionize jan 6 insurrectionist and call them hostages.

...they takeover school boards/districts and replace educational programs with disciplinary programs that feed black students into the privatized prision industrial complex pipeline.

...fiscal responsibilty for repubs means cutting social safety nets and lowering taxes on the rich and corporations. if most black folks look at their taxes since the 2017 repub tax bill you'll see you've been paying more than you did when dems held office. repubs maintain or increase defense/military spending but want to reduce access to social security, medicaid, healthcare, etc..

black folks who support republicans do it for the grift, self hate, or for acceptance by white folks.

dems have their own faults and agendas, but none as detrimental for black folks as repubs.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Baby boomers are the only generation that became more conservative as they aged, and that was a mix of greed (they have the economic power they don't want to let up) and racism.

Gen X has basically held steady split even since the 1990s. Millennials have become MORE liberal as they've aged and they see the world keeps getting worse under right-wing policies.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Baby boomers are the only generation that became more conservative as they aged, and that was a mix of greed (they have the economic power they don't want to let up) and racism.

Gen X has basically held steady split even since the 1990s. Millennials have become MORE liberal as they've aged and they see the world keeps getting worse under right-wing policies.
Where do you see Gen Z trending?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Democrat = Liberal

One of the main tests of being a liberal is: would you be cool with a Black man fukcing your daughter? Meaning: do you believe Black people are fully Human and equal to everyone?

Republican = Conservative. One of the main tent poles of the Republican group is disliking Black people. At least not wanting them living next to you or.. fukcing your daughter.

As a Black person, you should be naturally a liberal. And naturally a Democrat. Cause Black people are fully human and equal to everyone else.

If you help the conservatives, the Republicans, then you're working against Black people. Even if you don't know or pretend you don't know.