“People are democrats until they grow up” - Is this true

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
It‘s the opposite. Growing up is swallowing the pill and accepting that Democrats are the best political option for black folks.

Look.

Becoming conservative is one thing. I get it. I've become more conservative myself. But voting for Republicans isn't the answer. Look at the way they act on Twitter. They hate us. The past few years has been assault after assault on black people from CRT to DEI. Being conservative is one thing, but voting Republican is another. Our only real options are acquiescing from voting to flex muscle or vote Democrat.

Last edited:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Explain how

Did the Trump administration's child tax credit 'put over $2,000 into the pockets of 40 million American families'?
CLAIM
First daughter Ivanka Trump claimed that the Trump administration had lived up to promises to make child care more affordable and accessible by boosting child tax credits as part of the 2018 tax overhaul.
“As part of Republican tax cuts in 2019 alone, our child tax credit put over $2,000 into the pockets of 40 million American families,” she said.
CONCLUSION
This is mostly correct. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act doubled the child tax credit to $2,000 per child and added another $500 credit for older children and other dependents.
EVIDENCE
The Treasury Department estimates that about 39.4 million families received child tax credits and additional child tax credits in 2019, totaling $88.1 billion. That amounts to an average $2,234 per family.
However, the tax overhaul bill also denied the full $1,000 child tax credit increase for more than 26 million children in low-and moderate-income families -- those whose earnings are so low they owe little or no federal taxes -- according to Chuck Marr, senior director of federal tax policy at the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities, a liberal-leaning think tank. Their analysis is here.

Source:CNN's Facts First searchable database - CNN

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
How would an article prove this
The article supplied studies done by research companies.
I imagine they just need to track how people vote , the older they get.

Here's the article.

ftcms%3A4ca75697-deff-4087-8bf4-c451453bf2e8

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Nope. I’m in my 30s and still a democrat. I also make great money with a white collar job. Now, I don’t agree with some of my party policies, but I understand that you don’t always get what you want and often times you must compromise. It’s why I’m so successful today.