PAWG Product Manager at Facebook showcases average day in her 6-figure tech job

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
im only mad cause i wish it me. im 27 ndd i feel like i never could be smart enough to do something like this. nddthis bytch doing it at 23 smh

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
Meanwhile the day in the life of a Black person will show them working their ass off. Black people have to be skilled, have to have majored in the "right" major, and "if" we get hired, we don't get paid to dikk around.
I work in tech and yep. This is accurate plus I get paid below the pay structure for the position.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
she went to UCLA... white women benefit the most from affirmative action
Facts. I've talked about my old company how the company determined not enough women or minorities in teh company especially at the highest level. The top like 50 positions were all white minus one Indian dude that thought he was white. Of course they focus on women first and immediately promote a whole bunch of women about half of which were not qualified enough. When it comes time to focus on minorities they focus on hiring at the lowest levels without any promotions to go along with it.
This person worked at Boeing, Google, Facebook, etc. and has an actual, real description of the job:

You got to be good af at balancing moving parts, managing egos, communicating, etc. You got to really keep track of where other teams are and adjust your targets and adjust your expectations when teams tell you x, y, z are/are not possible. Many people can chill because they've worked out a good system for themselves that still gets the work done.

I've been a member of engineering teams who have absolutely resented their product teams, while other teams loved their's.

It def. ain't an easy job for people not built that way and it's tougher to break into than software engineering.

Also note how much she gets done and still makes content. People are really driven at those levels.

I wanted to get into it myself coming from engineering, but it seems way too intense. I just want to code.

All depends on the company. At my old company we were understaffed like crazy. I worked with our development team and designed a huge product from scratch with one other guy. After that we acted as software support, QA, as product owners, product managers, software design, release managers, implementers, and did all the documentation. That was cool when first developing the software and we had hardly customers on it. But once we got customers on it, that became too much work for the two of us. Our other departments who were supposed to shoulder some of the work kept half assing it so my coworker left and I was doing all of that on my own. Even with doing all of that the job wasn't that crazy. The place fell apart after I left. We've lost half of the development team and they've reshuffled staff three times in the year since I been gone trying to find a set up that work. I even told them before I left that I was keeping a lot of people in jobs that didn't deserve them.

Then I switched companies and this has been such a cushy job. It's a lot of organization and waiting around to hear from other people. I miss being the center of everything and getting my hands dirty. Only problem at the new company is just that we lack subject matter experts so I have to do a lot of learning on my own to even answer some of the questions being asked. And we have a really bad software that was poorly designed.

But overall the job is easy as hell. Once roadmaps are developed it's really just maintaining it. Even better is when there is technical debt that needs to be accounted for. At the last company had a good two years where hardly any new development being done outside of emergency patches. I was able to just kick my feet up and hardly do anything most days. I'd go days of not even having to log into my computer. Just a daily check in call.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Meta's stock is cratering. it just dropped 22% in a day. With that kind of loss, Zuck and Meta's upper management are going to be under fire. Last thing you want in a time like this is a viral video floating about with a worker giving an ultra laid back image of the work culture. When upper management starts to trim the fat to appease shareholders and a video like this goes viral, there WILL be extra scrutiny put on her.

Like it or not, you are a brand and you have an image to uphold when in the workplace. Perception matters every bit as much as the reality of the work that gets done. Managers steal credit of their workers all the time and end up climbing up the ranks because of perception. You can be ultra hard working, but if you get the image of being someone who is laid back and chilled out and does nothing, then you will get rewarded accordingly, which is career stagnation or getting fired.
You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Spare me with the brand and image bullshyt. I'm worked in a corporate setting for the past 5 years and will be joining a big tech firm here in a few months. I know the game.

No one is looking in her direction if the work is up to par. She is one of thousands of young tech employees that post about their job in a similar fashion on social media platforms. There is absolutely nothing about this video to prove to any of her managers that she isn't getting work done.

If they felt it was that big of an issue, the video would've been pulled down by now.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
you aint lying

I do this shyt for a living. as long as you stay on top of your shyt you can coast and make bank.
Even though I bytch about it at times being a product manager is light work. It's a pain for me because I'm using to being hands on with anything so it's hard for me being so dependent on other departments for everything. I was scared at my old job worried that my skills wouldn't translate to anything worth a damn salary wise cause we were a small specialized software and I was involved in everything but my title didn't reflect it. Then I was made a product manager by the old CEO right before he left and that shyt set me up lovely. Was shocked to see how much this position pays once I started looking for new jobs. I went from wanting to grind for a promotion to now feeling like I can chill in this position for a while.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Yall act like she didn't do any work at all. She just showed what she did in between her work. Nothing there is getting her in trouble. :dahell:
Again
Stfu about your jobs
Especially when they are easy
Act like bosses or potential bosses are not looking at this content like
Oh bytch you out here drinking coffee and working out on company time
Let me fix that real quick and just make sure you do busy work
Or jazzy jeff your ass just cause
Seems you a simple muthafukka in the first place
So I wouldn’t expect you to understand :Kd:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This bytch telling tech secrets smh a lot of tech jobs in the administration and people operations sectors are pretty stress free (if it’s a big company)

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most likely a sugar baby for some top executive who put her on payroll for easy p*ssy if she ain’t capping. Meta desperate and been firing dead weight

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall act like she didn't do any work at all. She just showed what she did in between her work. Nothing there is getting her in trouble. :dahell:
Right. This shyt is most likely paid advertisement to get new gen to apply at meta.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Again
Stfu about your jobs
Especially when they are easy
Act like bosses or potential bosses are not looking at this content like
Oh bytch you out here drinking coffee and working out on company time
Let me fix that real quick and just make sure you do busy work
Or jazzy jeff your ass just cause
Seems you a simple muthafukka in the first place
So I wouldn’t expect you to understand :Kd:
I can tell by your Art Barr wannabe posting style you're a dummy.

What did I say about my jobs and what about them is easy?

Her managers are likely in their early 30's given her entry level position and I seriously doubt they give two fukks about what is posted as long as the company isn't put in a bad light.