PAWG Product Manager at Facebook showcases average day in her 6-figure tech job

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I feel the best company to work for is one that isn't too laid back, but one that isn't grinding you to a pulp. I've worked for both. In the case of a laid-back company where you are sitting around not doing much, at first it seems cool, but you start getting bored and you start getting nervous because you realize how expendable you are due to you not actually working on anything and developing skills. On the other hand, at these companies that work you non-stop, you often don't get appreciated for all of the work you are putting in and these companies often have the attitude that you are easily replaceable anyways, so once they've extracted all the value they can out of you before you burn out, then they will toss you in the trash heap.

I feel like you always want to go hard when you first get into a company and establish your rep. You don't want to be the chill, laid-back guy who never speaks up during meetings. If you're invisible and don't contribute in a fashion that others can see, you are easier to fire.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I’ve been a Product Manager the job isn’t hard lol as long as you manage your tasks and stay on top of the project deliverables daily, you can have a lot of free time. Also depends on what types of project delivery framework they use - Waterfall or Agile, most likely Agile at Facebook. She gonna fukk it up for the other Product Managers at the job though :dead:

If I ever sink myself to be a lowly product manager im doing it at a company where I have a gang of product owners on my time.

Tasks? Delivery? Manage?

No thanks.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I haven’t been to one conference where someone wasn’t embarrassed to admit they worked at Meta. This bytch is lost.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't let the video play you, she probably went to Ivy League or Stanford/Berkley and is smart as shyt.

Her job probably isn't that difficult but people just don't "get hired" at Meta.

This. She’s 23. Likely went to a top school and smart. She just sees life through a different lense which is why she posting crap like that. Regular black folk are too busy working trying to jump through hoops to have the time to make videos like this. We don’t have that sense of entitlement.

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every company has them and guess what?!?

I WANT ONE

All my people know exactly what my job is. But I want one of these “director of audience engagement and customer care” jobs that are ambiguous as fukk
Those are the first jobs to get clipped.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I have downtime I find work to do. Get ahead on projects or do shyt that will make life easier for me. Slow days I’ll listen to some music and do some mundane shyt but I’m always working. I have too much melanin content to live life like her.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to guess she's probably showing "a good, relaxing day". There are probably days where's she's grinding or she's new and hasn't ran into them yet.

Some companies there is a lot of onboarding where people are supposed to sit back and learn before they start putting in the real work and contributing. If she's new, that's probably what she's showing to kind of flex.

On average, PM positions are absolutely difficult to get into, especially at FAANG. More chances than not she went through a pretty dense interview cycle and proved she is capable. If you look on her LInkedin she seems very well accomplished and has her own personal business ventures.

PM's in many ways are like mini-CEO's: they're responsible for a whole lot and making sure things are in order on their team. She has to collaborate with design, other product teams, engineering teams, etc. Most PM's are type-A, move mountains to get things done type of personalities. You and your product team brainstorm something like a new feature, then you go about putting it together.

1000% agree.....Currently a PM at a startup

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This. She’s 23. Likely went to a top school and smart. She just sees life through a different lense which is why she posting crap like that. Regular black folk are too busy working trying to jump through hoops to have the time to make videos like this. We don’t have that sense of entitlement.

Delayed gratification works....do the hard work early while you're still in school