PAWG Product Manager at Facebook showcases average day in her 6-figure tech job

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody mad at this probably isnt working corporate. The most work I ever did was serving food. Every white collar gig has required way more self-motivation because the workloads are not that strenuous. Yea it comes with bullshyt but if you prioritize your time right, your day can very much look like this.

Yea. The more I move up, the less I do. I’m still not gonna broadcast it to Tiktok though. They don’t need to know I be playing 2K on my downtime.

Anton

All Star
Daps
I can't get angry at people with good jobs.

Never understood it.

The probability of getting an interview, passing all rounds, and getting the signoff is very small. Most of the people at a company like Meta have specialized skillsets that are valued.

Videos like these are just the tip of the iceberg. :manny:

not if they have a quota to meet

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
not if they have a quota to meet

Breh, you can quota all you want. The sheer number of people applying to the company from every background makes the actual success percentages tiny.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
What gets me is people being legitimately mad at this. Why? :heh:

It's more like they are telling her to be smart. The last thing you want to do when companies, especially tech companies, are trimming the fat is say, "Hey ya'll, look at me! I don't do anything all day but eat snacks and chill!" If your job is that chill, it's in your best interest to be quiet and not draw attention to yourself unless you want to get fired.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's more like they are telling her to be smart. The last thing you want to do when companies, especially tech companies, are trimming the fat is say, "Hey ya'll, look at me! I don't do anything all day but eat snacks and chill!" If your job is that chill, it's in your best interest to be quiet and not draw attention to yourself unless you want to get fired.
Who said her job was chill? She didn't post anything about the actual work she did or the total hours she spent at work. Everything we saw was before work, at break, and after work.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Who said her job was chill? She didn't post anything about the actual work she did or the total hours she spent at work. Everything we saw was before work, at break, and after work.

That's her fault then for not appropriately titling her video as 'perks of working at meta' vs 'day in the life of a 23 year old at meta.' She literally showed her 'work routine' and none of it involved doing any work. If you made a video titled 'my life as a remote worker' and only showed clips of you walking your dogs, taking a nap, playing video games and doing everything but work and ended getting fired, that would be your fault. Last thing you want to do in an economic time like this is 'put yourself out there'.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That's her fault then for not appropriately titling her video as 'perks of working at meta' vs 'day in the life of a 23 year old at meta.' She literally showed her 'work routine' and none of it involved doing any work. If you made a video titled 'my life as a remote worker' and only showed clips of you walking your dogs, taking a nap, playing video games and doing everything but work and ended getting fired, that would be your fault. Last thing you want to do in an economic time like this is 'put yourself out there'.
If she gets her work done, then I really don't care what she does in a video and I doubt her managers do either. The performance reviews will tell enough, not some random TikTok.

Nothing about this video is an indictment on their work.

In fact, in my opinion, its an ad for talent at Meta more than anything. If I'm a talented college grad looking to join a tech company, seeing their offices might move my target from someplace like Google to Meta.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Crazy how the first thing she shows is herself. Thought this was a day in the life of what a product manager does...

Nothing but a flex.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Hilarious how no work was done in her day :mjlol:

But whatever get that money, just wish it was me making 6 figs with a bullshyt job.

sosaa

All Star
Daps
I can't get angry at people with good jobs.

Never understood it.

The probability of getting an interview, passing all rounds, and getting the signoff is very small. Most of the people at a company like Meta have specialized skillsets that are valued.

Videos like these are just the tip of the iceberg. :manny:

and what these people not understanding is that many of these videos are just nothing more than advertisements for their respective companies and trying to make them look like a great place to work at.

i mean shyt, when there's deadlines to hit i am GRINDING. but when there's really nothing to do? lol, i woke up at 9 today, sent an e-mail out, checked my calendar for any meetings, hopped back into bed, woke up at 12, fired up a blunt, and played ps5 till my shift was over. :pachaha:

i cant be mad at workers for gaming a system that has gamed us for the longest time :yeshrug: