PAWG Product Manager at Facebook showcases average day in her 6-figure tech job

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Thanks for explaining. I’m way less jealous of her job now.

Had me heated knowing I’m gonna be working this blue collar job out in the cold soon :sadcam:
Yup, it's simply a different type of grind.

If you more introverted and have work to do and it's "Friday group game time!" you probably going to get tired quick af.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
how come you never see mid-level or seniors making these type of videos
They're out there for sure, see my previous post right above this one. She seems like a Sr. given her previous work experience and the companies she's worked for.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I worked for a software company in sales once. Not only was it pretentious, boogie, lame hipster filled, trendy and corny, if you weren’t in sales, those people did NOTHING all day but make espressos and gossip in between getting massages in the designated massage room. I just stopped going to work one day because I hated everything about that place minus the free gym and I made them pay out my guaranteed 3 months or I would report them to the labor board. I had a check the next day. Basically stuck them up for wasting my time.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Woe is me
Since some of you guys seem to take unfair treatment lightly, outside of unequal hiring and employment practices, there's a huge wealth gap, income gap, judicial bias, police brutality, higher healthcare malpractice, discrimination from banks to get loans, and the list goes on.

Woe is this system.

@Serious

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Since some of you guys seem to take unfair treatment lightly, outside of unequal hiring and employment practices, there's a huge wealth gap, income gap, judicial bias, police brutality, higher healthcare malpractice, discrimination from banks to get loans, and the list goes on.

Woe is this system. Don't quote me with foolish shyt anymore.
Breh, my friend at Google is a PM, black dude from Mobile, AL. That dude does nothing post videos of him riding his bike(one with Google colors for employees to ride on break) and goofing off in the office on IG.

I know he's on grind mode sometimes, but stop acting like plenty of black people in tech couldn't make this exact video if they wanted.

My best friend and my brother work at Microsoft and they work hard but take advantage of MSFT's perks as well.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Breh, my friend at Google is a PM, black dude from Mobile, AL. That dude does nothing post videos of him riding his bike(one with Google colors for employees to ride on break) and goofing off in the office on IG.

I know he's on grind mode sometimes, but stop acting like plenty of black people in tech couldn't make this exact video if they wanted.

My best friend and my brother work at Microsoft and they work hard but take advantage of MSFT's perks as well.
I don't care about the statistical outliers. What's the experience of the majority of Black people in the work force? We generally have to work harder and be smarter than everyone, and still get paid less. That was my point. How is that going over your head?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't care about the statistical outliers. What's the experience of the majority of Black people in the work force? We generally have to work harder and be smarter than everyone, and still get paid less. That was my point. How is that going over your head?
There are plenty of black people in tech on Youtube in elsewhere to tell their experiences.

Nothing is going over my head, its just you acting like black people at these companies can't and don't do the same things as the girl in the video when I know that's not the case.

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
how come you never see mid-level or seniors making these type of videos
Because we in the cut complaining about our TC, politicking, and finding creative new ways to tell our managers why that thing they want to do isn't possible or not our team's responsibility.

Back when we were in the office, the interns/Jrs were all into the extra table tennis/food/gym/massages and shyt like that. But when you're in your 30s, you don't give a shyt about any of that. I would grab a snack here and there but I was mostly just chillin day to day. Now that I wfh, the actual work is like 1-3hrs on a typical day (more when its crunch/emergency mode). Other than that I'm just at home in my drawls chillin.